logo
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by backfire
Flyin' Around
United States, MO, Troy
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
Airtronics/Sanwa 10 Channel 2.4 GHz

Hi; I was just looking at a new Airtronics/Sanwa 10 channel radio, very impressed. (www.espritmodels.com) and make sure to read the manuel. This radio really looks very good with its 4 difference alarms, Audio low alarm, throttle high alarm, flight mode alarm and power switch alarm. Also has custom transmitter adjustments on length of sticks, tension on sticks. Compared to the Aurura 9 I like the Airtronics and as far as price is concerned with the Airtronics and 10 channel reciever $399.99 its hard to beat. Looking forward to hear what you guy's think on this new radio.
backfire is offline Find More Posts by backfire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by MX304
Joined Aug 2007
416 Posts
Re: Airtronics/Sanwa 10 Channel 2.4 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfire View Post
Hi; I was just looking at a new Airtronics/Sanwa 10 channel radio, very impressed. (www.espritmodels.com) and make sure to read the manuel. This radio really looks very good with its 4 difference alarms, Audio low alarm, throttle high alarm, flight mode alarm and power switch alarm. Also has custom transmitter adjustments on length of sticks, tension on sticks. Compared to the Aurura 9 I like the Airtronics and as far as price is concerned with the Airtronics and 10 channel reciever $399.99 its hard to beat. Looking forward to hear what you guy's think on this new radio.
I have the 8 ch version and love it. It's straight forward to program, and seems very reliable. I have never had a single lock out, or interference problem at all. The only complaint I have is the position of a few switches, but they have changed that on the ten channel anyway,
MX304 is offline Find More Posts by MX304
Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by RC_Pattern_Flyer
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Apr 2006
443 Posts

Been flying the radio for a year now and i love it. Programming is easy but need to follow the manual a bit to understand their thought process'.

In my personal opinion, I would remove the stock battery and replace it with a lithium ion 2 cell and never look back.

Great value, powerful radio with great features and honestly I have heard no negative issues with binding etc.

make a note, with the 10 channel reciever you MUST run all digital servos.

Chuck Hochhalter
RC_Pattern_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by RC_Pattern_Flyer
Old 06-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by zippi
Evansville Indiana
Joined Feb 2006
692 Posts

Backfire,

I just got my SD-10G TX about a week ago and I'm going out this weekend to try it out. Very nice radio and it has way more funtions than I'll ever use but still pretty cool. The TX is a lttle thicker than what I'm use to but I guess I'll get use to that. The programming takes a little bit of getting use to but after you've played with it far a while you'll get the hang of it.
zippi is offline Find More Posts by zippi
Old 06-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Find More Posts by NCFR "Lucky"
Burlington, KY
Joined Jun 2006
2,226 Posts

Got one at Toeldo this year and love it. Very powerful radio for the price. I had a 9Z for 10 years and could actually program it. The SD-10G is the first radio I found that could compare without costing over $1,000. For what I need, it beats the Aurora by a mile.
NCFR "Lucky" is offline Find More Posts by NCFR "Lucky"
Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by backfire
Flyin' Around
United States, MO, Troy
Joined May 2010
108 Posts

I would have to agree, I think it a better radio then the Aurora 9. You normally would have to pay a much higher price to go to a 10 channel radio with these features. And the people that put this radio together are all professional in the RC world, including world class pilots.
backfire is offline Find More Posts by backfire
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Find More Posts by Polarrod49
That Veronica Vaughn!!!!!!
lakeland
Joined Oct 2007
203 Posts

I have been flying the Airtronics SD-10G for about a year now and in love with it. I switched from a futaba 12z and I am not even missing one bit of it.

Its easy to program.
all three position switches
Stick switches ( big plus)
quad bearing gimbals ( huge plus) gives a great feel to the radio.
Molded grips in the radio on the back makes the radio form to your hand.
and an awesome manual. the best I have seen in terms of info and looks.
too many features to name. lol
Polarrod49 is offline Find More Posts by Polarrod49
Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts

Just got my SD10 a little over a week ago. Flew it for the first time yesterday and I would echo many of the same comments as above. It is an excellent radio with many capabilities. I just switched from the JR9303 2.4 and it is a good radio too, but not in the same league as far as features/capabilities. Two comments above I really noticed are the thickness of the case, the 9303 is slimmer so right now it does not feel right, but to be expected, and read the manual to understand their thought process. I am sure in time it will feel like an old glove and it is easy to program, but read the manual. Nothing beats it for the money. I have two friends with Auroras and they are easy to program radios, but do not have the features.
Jeff Williams
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by canavanbob
CA
Joined May 2007
959 Posts

I have both the SD-10G and the A9 and the SD-10G is definately the better radio as far as features go. The A9 is a good radio, just not as good as the SD-10G.
canavanbob is offline Find More Posts by canavanbob

Quick Reply