Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
jmcmike
Gettin' Lower!

Default 3 blade da 100l

Picked up a 35% dalton with a da100l, cans and mejzlik 25x12s 3 blade. Was wondering if a 26x12n 3 blade would give me a little less load on the engine, plane is on the heavy side.

Thanks guys!
jmcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Pistolera
Old Guys Rule!!

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1

I'm guessing it would load even more. I ran the 25x12s on my DA120 for awhile. Nice prop on either with a 28# plane.

Earle
Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
jmcmike
Gettin' Lower!

I read this in an earlier thread PE Reivers said but there was not much more on it.
I think not that many people have used both props in comparison.
My preliminary guess is that the S prop puts a 30% larger load than the N-prop.
putting your numbers in my calculator, running both props at 7000 rpm I get 14 hp for the 26x12N and 15.5 hp for the 25x12S.
adjusting for hp, I can see that the 26x12N pulls harder all the way form static to top speed, due to it's larger diameter.
I would need mass distribution data to predict spool-up between the two, but methinks the 26x12 wins.

Last edited by jmcmike; 04-11-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Reivers
jmcmike is offline   Reply With Quote