logo
Old 02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by Biff
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,223 Posts
All Flying Giants, PLEASE READ!!!

Okay crew, just wanted to drop everyone a quick note! First of all thanks for being here! As our comunity has been growing at a phenominal rate, we've been busting it on the backside to make improvments on the site. Most has been technical in nature, but we've also been SUPER busy gearing up for the coming season. GIANT announcments to come shortly. You simply won't believe what's on tap!!

As we have grown, it's important to step back and remind everyone what we're all about. First of all we're about having fun! The Giants have quickly become THE place to be to share your thoughts, ideas, build threads, modeling tips, videos, pictures, events, late breaking technology (the list goes on and on!) What we bring to modeling is a ton of information in multi media format. That's way cool.

We fully support all flying as well as the AMA. We certainly encourage all of you to fly in an aggressive manner that dig that facet. But we also support safe flying. The AMA has some pretty simple rules that we follow at every one of our events. Those who choose the straight line facet, we're all about that as well. We activley support all forms of modleing and encourage you to share your facet with others. If it's cool, BRING IT!!

Recently there have been some threads/posts that really don't work here. The Flying Giants community is a safe haven for those who wish to read threads without a bunch of finger pointing, name calling, product wars, rhumors and mean spirited jabs. That kind of junk has no place in our hobby and certainly not on the Flying Giants.

Our staff are always checking threads to make sure nothing is going on that shouldn't. You members who have been with us for a while are SUPER about reporting threads going South. This system works really well. We don't wish to moderate your thoughts, but it's our promise to our membership that regardless of our growth, we simply refuse to let our forums turn into personal wars and bashing.

We ask for our Flying Giants community to help out . Though the percentage of stupid stuff is very small, we simply refuse to let it get out of hand. If you see a post that does not fit with our vibe, drop our staff a PM and we'll get on it. We are also a PG-13 community. I am guilty of pressing that from time to time, but please don't post anything you wouldn't want your 13 year old child reading or seeing. My wife walks by my desk quite often (as does my three year old son) I'm very proud of the fact that she can read anything on the Flying Giants and not raise an eyebrow. Let's keep it that way!

A wise man once said "never argue with anyone you can't choke!" those are good words to follow on the 'net! If someone offends you, simply don't reply! Drop our staff a PM and we'll handle it. There will be some folks that just aren't happy unless they create some tempers. PLEASE don't play their game!! We'll handle those types, just let us know what's happening.

We all have bad days and sometimes writing on those days should be handled like this; (try it, it's theraputic!) Write down exactly what's on your mind and get it all out (do not submit your thoughts!!). Leave the computer for a couple hours then go back and read what you wrote. Most of the time you'll be glad you didn't push the send button!

Had a couple beverages? Just say NO to car keys, transmitters AND the key board! Enough said there!

Think your favorite brand of radio, engine, airplane, covering, flying style, rotor blades, gyro, servo etc. is the best? Cool. You really don't need to bash another brand to promote yours. Oddly, I've seen guys switch from brand X to brand Y because those flying brand X were slamming brand Y and were being jerks about the whole thing. I HATE BRAND WARS!!!

We're very proud of what the Flying Giants have become. A site where the good parts of the hobby are the real reason we gather here. Let's be pro active about keeping our community that way!! Sermon over,,thanks for your time!

A special note of thanks goes to our Flying Giants staff. You guys are the best!!

Biffy and MadMax
Biff is offline Find More Posts by Biff
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by Mike Bargman
If only you knew...
Geneva, IL
Joined Jan 2006
2,203 Posts
Re: All Flying Giants, PLEASE READ!!!

Amen, Biff...I hear ya brother.

Keep up the great work and know that I'm always here to lend a helping hand whenever I can. This weekend was a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about. Keep it up brothers!

Mikey
Mike Bargman is offline Find More Posts by Mike Bargman
Old 02-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by SUPERFLYJAY
STONY POINT N.Y USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,205 Posts

YOU GO BIFF !!!! I HAVE A LOT OF FUN HERE, YOU GUYS DO A GREAT JOB !!!
SUPERFLYJAY is offline Find More Posts by SUPERFLYJAY
Old 02-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by Redneck Shaun
"GIT ER DONE"
Gainesville,Texas
Joined Jan 2006
1,323 Posts

Dang........I'm impressed Biff. That was a VERY long post and I didn't count any miss spelled words!!!!
Sorry man had to do it.......

Thanks for reconfirming the vibe that brought me to this site, and continues to keep a hold of me. Great site,and great people,
Shaun
Redneck Shaun is offline Find More Posts by Redneck Shaun
Old 02-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by topflight36
Addicted
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Sep 2006
3,051 Posts

Biff thanks for addressing those issues. I left other forms for stuff like product wars and bashing. I find the flying giants a great community and a place that I can learn a wealth of info to drive my father nuts with all tha I know lol. Once again thanks.
topflight36 is offline Find More Posts by topflight36
Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts

Thanks for a great site. Keep up the good work.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 02-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by Fudman
Galt, CA
Joined Jan 2006
467 Posts

you know this site sucks compared to www.FlyingMidgets.com they are the best over there....

JK!!

thanks for the great site, keep it up.
Fudman is offline Find More Posts by Fudman
Old 02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by Eury
A fifth of Peter.
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined May 2006
807 Posts

The problem with flying midgets is I can only toss them a good 5-10 feet, and they get pissed if I try to bolt a DA on to get them to go higher, and often kick me in the shins for trying.

This is a great site, and the mods are a big reason why. Keep up the good work guys.
Eury is offline Find More Posts by Eury
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Frankfort, Ky.
Joined Jan 2006
3,006 Posts

Thanks Max and Biff for all you do, first for the site, and second for all of the events that you go and cover and bring us footage live from the event....its nice to be able to see some of the stuff and the places where the events are that some of us arent able to get to.

Thanks again.
Dan_nO is offline Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by innovator
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Joined Jan 2006
319 Posts

Biff, I agree, but I have to add to your "wise man statement"
If you stand and argue with an idiot, there will be two idiots arguing...
innovator is offline Find More Posts by innovator
Old 02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by hillmanr2
Joined Jan 2006
828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Had a couple beverages? Just say NO to car keys, transmitters AND the key board!
I agree with the first 2 but the 3rd one will leave me with nothing to do when I am drunk.

This site RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hillmanr2 is offline Find More Posts by hillmanr2
Old 02-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by RADRICH
Hmmm...tastes like chicken!!!!
Louisville,KY
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts

I don't understand why I can't drive after drinking my CAPRI SUN!!!:-)
p.s. Left you a note Biff on "supporting favorite brands" thread. I read that thread before this thread. Anyway, I wrote that reply on the basis that my old man used to work at Century Jet and I have seen what can happen to a forty thousand dollar jet with bad gear in it. It ain't pretty! (And I'm not talking about the jet either.)
RADRICH is offline Find More Posts by RADRICH
Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by jack strickland
Marietta Oklahoma
Joined Jan 2007
943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Okay crew, just wanted to drop everyone a quick note! First of all thanks for being here! As our comunity has been growing at a phenominal rate, we've been busting it on the backside to make improvments on the site. Most has been technical in nature, but we've also been SUPER busy gearing up for the coming season. GIANT announcments to come shortly. You simply won't believe what's on tap!!

As we have grown, it's important to step back and remind everyone what we're all about. First of all we're about having fun! The Giants have quickly become THE place to be to share your thoughts, ideas, build threads, modeling tips, videos, pictures, events, late breaking technology (the list goes on and on!) What we bring to modeling is a ton of information in multi media format. That's way cool.

We fully support all flying as well as the AMA. We certainly encourage all of you to fly in an aggressive manner that dig that facet. But we also support safe flying. The AMA has some pretty simple rules that we follow at every one of our events. Those who choose the straight line facet, we're all about that as well. We activley support all forms of modleing and encourage you to share your facet with others. If it's cool, BRING IT!!

Recently there have been some threads/posts that really don't work here. The Flying Giants community is a safe haven for those who wish to read threads without a bunch of finger pointing, name calling, product wars, rhumors and mean spirited jabs. That kind of junk has no place in our hobby and certainly not on the Flying Giants.

Our staff are always checking threads to make sure nothing is going on that shouldn't. You members who have been with us for a while are SUPER about reporting threads going South. This system works really well. We don't wish to moderate your thoughts, but it's our promise to our membership that regardless of our growth, we simply refuse to let our forums turn into personal wars and bashing.

We ask for our Flying Giants community to help out . Though the percentage of stupid stuff is very small, we simply refuse to let it get out of hand. If you see a post that does not fit with our vibe, drop our staff a PM and we'll get on it. We are also a PG-13 community. I am guilty of pressing that from time to time, but please don't post anything you wouldn't want your 13 year old child reading or seeing. My wife walks by my desk quite often (as does my three year old son) I'm very proud of the fact that she can read anything on the Flying Giants and not raise an eyebrow. Let's keep it that way!

A wise man once said "never argue with anyone you can't choke!" those are good words to follow on the 'net! If someone offends you, simply don't reply! Drop our staff a PM and we'll handle it. There will be some folks that just aren't happy unless they create some tempers. PLEASE don't play their game!! We'll handle those types, just let us know what's happening.

We all have bad days and sometimes writing on those days should be handled like this; (try it, it's theraputic!) Write down exactly what's on your mind and get it all out (do not submit your thoughts!!). Leave the computer for a couple hours then go back and read what you wrote. Most of the time you'll be glad you didn't push the send button!

Had a couple beverages? Just say NO to car keys, transmitters AND the key board! Enough said there!

Think your favorite brand of radio, engine, airplane, covering, flying style, rotor blades, gyro, servo etc. is the best? Cool. You really don't need to bash another brand to promote yours. Oddly, I've seen guys switch from brand X to brand Y because those flying brand X were slamming brand Y and were being jerks about the whole thing. I HATE BRAND WARS!!!

We're very proud of what the Flying Giants have become. A site where the good parts of the hobby are the real reason we gather here. Let's be pro active about keeping our community that way!! Sermon over,,thanks for your time!

A special note of thanks goes to our Flying Giants staff. You guys are the best!!

Biffy and MadMax
Hi Biff. Very logical things on your post, nice work. One question? Why on earth do you allow Crisw to remain on this fine site?
jack strickland is offline Find More Posts by jack strickland
Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by UflyWhat
United States, MS, Collins
Joined Oct 2006
383 Posts

Thanks Biff and Max, love the site and It gives me something to talk about at the field on Sunday and something to do at work...
UflyWhat is offline Find More Posts by UflyWhat
Old 03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by gamedog53
NY
Joined Jan 2006
54 Posts

Keep up the good work.. I have made alot of great friends here.
gamedog53 is offline Find More Posts by gamedog53

Quick Reply