logo
Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by 1bwana1
La Jolla, CA USA
Joined Oct 2006
2,715 Posts
Hitec Customer Service, Awesome!

We all read enough threads complaining about service and support from different manufacturers. I thought I would report on some great service I just got from Hitec. Since I use a lot of Hitec digital servos in my planes, I bought their servo programmer just over a year ago. I have become dependant on the programming capabilities of the Hitec Servos to set my planes up the way I like them. So, when my programmer took a dive on me I sent it off to them for repair. Today I received a box from them. The invoice inside had a one line comment saying, "uneconomical to repair". To say I was disappointed would be an understatement, I thought I would now have to buy a new programmer. I called Hitec to ask some questions on why they were not willing to repair this item. The rep quickly looked up my repair information on their obviously up to date service program, and asked why I was upset. He said that at no charge, they had replaced my old programmer with the newest version of the programmer, that is also capable of working with their new high resolution servos. They didn't mention this on the packing invoice, and I hadn't looked at the box, assuming it was my old, dead programmer.

Service like this is one reason I buy Hitec. I think they deserve to be recognized by the community for such outstanding customer care.

-Steve-
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by Steve
United States, ID, Ashton
Joined Mar 2006
448 Posts
Re: Hitec Customer Service, Awesome!

I had the same thing happen with my 110 programmer and they replaced it at no charge. Hitec service has always been A1 for me as well. I use a LOT of their products.
Steve is offline Find More Posts by Steve
Old 03-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts

Don't know if he is still their sales manager but back in 2005 at Toledo, I got to meet Shaun Spiker. Had talked to him by phone several times and then got to meet him in person. Great guy that handled a few problems for me. He's an Austin, Texas boy that's transplanted out in Hitec-ville!
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Last edited by WangoTango; 03-27-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by dubd
Turbine Hucker
Silicon Valley
Joined May 2007
1,609 Posts

More RC companies should have service just as good. It is very hit and miss in this hobby, even with the bigger companies. Glad to hear about your good experience.
dubd is offline Find More Posts by dubd
Old 03-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Zee
Find More Posts by Zee
Zee
Joined Jan 2007
440 Posts

I have had same experience with HITEC as Steve did. Very good company.
Zee
Zee is offline Find More Posts by Zee

Quick Reply