Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by Ion01
Grad of CrazyGoNuts Univ.
Oklahoma City, OK
Joined Jan 2006
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
DO a Google search on "forward swept propellers" and you'll get a bunch of hits. Lots of technical papers out there. I wonder why if this design is so radical and efficient it has not been picked up by full scale? There certainly has been a good deal of research done.
Well, considering we have sent in the paperwork to convert our provisional to a full patent we will be the ones to bring this to the full scale industry. Starting in rc means much lower startup costs.

I imagine at some point china will copy it but we have the patent so we can prevent them from selling them here and will be working on moving into other countries as well. Also, considering the stresses invovled they may not have the ability to copy the construction methods necessary for this design so that may prevent copies.
Ion01 is offline Find More Posts by Ion01
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by Ion01
Grad of CrazyGoNuts Univ.
Oklahoma City, OK
Joined Jan 2006
843 Posts
Also, there will be more info to come. I have just handed some props to go to a couple of guys for some side by side comparison type testing so that will be in the future. I, unfortunately will not be at the nall as there is too much to do getting things started.
Ion01 is offline Find More Posts by Ion01
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by Father Don
Finally got it to the deck!
Joined Jan 2008
1,514 Posts
I think this guy got one of the early beta versions. You can see it in the beginning of the video. I also think he put it on backwards

colton clark flying his 42% slick 540 (7 min 32 sec)
Father Don is offline Find More Posts by Father Don
Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Don View Post
I think this guy got one of the early beta versions. You can see it in the beginning of the video. I also think he put it on backwards

YouTube - colton clark flying his 42% slick 540
That is just a regular prop with the video effect making it look like that.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by a1pcfixer
Counter agent of B.S.
La Porte, IN
Joined Sep 2006
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Don View Post
That's the results of using a crappy phone in video mode.

Use a better camcorder, and you don't see that effect.
a1pcfixer is offline Find More Posts by a1pcfixer
Old 03-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by a1pcfixer
Counter agent of B.S.
La Porte, IN
Joined Sep 2006
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra addict View Post
Put it this way when an FOG takes to the skies you need a couple spotters for the the guys standing in the pit area!
Change "spotters" to snipers, and I'll agree with ya.
a1pcfixer is offline Find More Posts by a1pcfixer
Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by GMoney
Lake Tawakoni
Joined Feb 2006
1,663 Posts
Wow,, B E A U T I F U L.....

G$

I'm gonna need one for my DA 50..
GMoney is offline Find More Posts by GMoney
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by rpdesigns
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
I am the "partner" with the new prop. I kind of handle the business end of things... So just to address a couple of the questions
1. video - yes it is coming, we don't want to post some poor cell phone quality video, but rest assured we will provide video shortly
2. How soon available to buy- 1st shipment should hit around early may, but that is not 100% solid
3. How soon will their be other sizes- hopefully pretty quickly, since this is "self-funded" and for personal reasons we are not pursuing the VC route or investors, so obviously we don't have unlimited captial
4. What about full size aircraft - well before we even came close to releasing this information we hired a very thorough patent lawyer (he wasn't cheap!!) and we have already secured a patent pending (almost a year ago) and we are in the process of being awarded the full patent and it covers every size, material, etc.... so we do plan to take that route at some point
5. I don't believe you prop does what it claims - Fair enough nothing wrong with being skeptical, the thing we are so excited about is the fact that the more time people spend with it the more impressed they are. We are going to encourage users to submit pics and videos to the website so you can see other peoples impressions. We are so confident that if you meet us at a trade show (or something similar) we will let you do a test flight for free!

hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions
rpdesigns is offline Find More Posts by rpdesigns
Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Find More Posts by GMoney
Lake Tawakoni
Joined Feb 2006
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdesigns View Post
I am the "partner" with the new prop. I kind of handle the business end of things... So just to address a couple of the questions
1. video - yes it is coming, we don't want to post some poor cell phone quality video, but rest assured we will provide video shortly
2. How soon available to buy- 1st shipment should hit around early may, but that is not 100% solid
3. How soon will their be other sizes- hopefully pretty quickly, since this is "self-funded" and for personal reasons we are not pursuing the VC route or investors, so obviously we don't have unlimited captial
4. What about full size aircraft - well before we even came close to releasing this information we hired a very thorough patent lawyer (he wasn't cheap!!) and we have already secured a patent pending (almost a year ago) and we are in the process of being awarded the full patent and it covers every size, material, etc.... so we do plan to take that route at some point
5. I don't believe you prop does what it claims - Fair enough nothing wrong with being skeptical, the thing we are so excited about is the fact that the more time people spend with it the more impressed they are. We are going to encourage users to submit pics and videos to the website so you can see other peoples impressions. We are so confident that if you meet us at a trade show (or something similar) we will let you do a test flight for free!

hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions
Just let us know when your ready for pre-orders.. Don't care what anybody has to say.. I WANT ONE!!
G$
GMoney is offline Find More Posts by GMoney
Old 03-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney View Post
Just let us know when your ready for pre-orders.. Don't care what anybody has to say.. I WANT ONE!!
G$

+1 I need one.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts
I am interested in testing data compared to Mejzlik and Vess props. Rpm's, thrust, decibels, weight, price, etc.
It looks bad a$$.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 03-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
don't worry we will let you know when we are going to take preorders, but the best way is if you go to our website
http://revolutionaryprops.com/
and subscribe with your email, there will be an email notification sent out when we are going to take preorders. And don't worry we won't be selling your email or any other info, so you don't have to worry about getting any spam emails...also when you sign up we will let you know when the new sizes are released.. thanks
Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdesigns View Post
don't worry we will let you know when we are going to take preorders, but the best way is if you go to our website
http://revolutionaryprops.com/
and subscribe with your email, there will be an email notification sent out when we are going to take preorders. And don't worry we won't be selling your email or any other info, so you don't have to worry about getting any spam emails...also when you sign up we will let you know when the new sizes are released.. thanks
Been subscribed for some time now. Just waiting.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
I am interested in testing data compared to Mejzlik and Vess props.
not only we will have data but we will have video showing the comparison... just bear with us since we both work fulltime!! there are only some many hours in a day!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
I am patient. It is hard to wait though.

Quick Reply