logo
This thread is privately moderated by 49dimes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by 49dimes
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
Discussion
More YS Fun

New to the hanger... A really good precision practice plane with a monumental power package!
The YS DZ 70 is a tiny engine with "punch you in the face" power!! WOW!! It will turn a 15x7!!! prop!!!
The original F-120 turned a 15x7 prop!!!
49dimes is offline Find More Posts by 49dimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Mar 2011
594 Posts
Wow, im suprised to see a plane like that on this site. The Kaos is a good sport flyer, had one with a OS 46ax. I gave mine to a friend, so he would have something more than trainer. Have fun with the Kaos...
Shovelhead FLH is offline Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
Old 10-14-2014, 01:19 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
I originally assembled it for a friend who decided it was not what he wanted. A cup of coffee later...I chose to take it off his hands and reworked it for the YS. For a buck and a quarter ARF; it flies straight and true and will show it's operator any deviant stick movement. As far as the power; the engine is GIANT in it's class. This combo can make you a better flyer for big planes in precision flying and rolling maneuvers. And it is a hell of a lot of fun to boot.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Extra Extras, I'm all about it
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts
I'm building a .46 size voodoo P-51 mustang for a buddy and putting a YS 110 in it for RC Pro warbird pylon racing.

Yah, its going to be fast!
I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.
Extra nuts is offline Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Old 10-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
Awesome! I too got the need for speed bug right now. I tacked the DZ 70 today after having about 3/4 of a gallon through it and with a APC 12x8 got a steady 2050 idle and a blistering 11,850 WOT. This tiny power package has a tuned pipe built in to it!!! Amazing little engine.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Mar 2011
594 Posts
YS made killer 2 strokes also. I've got a 45 with pipe, can't stand to be near it without ear plugs for to long. 10x7 prop on it so it screams, no tach so i not know what it turns.
Shovelhead FLH is offline Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
Old 10-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
I have operated the 45 and 61 both with pipes many years ago. As I recall the 45 with a 11x9 would turn 12-13k. 61 with 12x8 about the same as this new 4banger 70 about 12k. What is really impressive with the DZ 70 is the torque and throttle response that puts a lot of performance two cycles to shame. It's ability to turn very large props (14 and 15 inches) for its size makes a excellent 3D motor for 5.5 to 7 pound planes. I think an electric 3DHS edge converted to glow would be a blast. The FZ 70 is probably a better fit for high speed stuff than the DZ 70. I had a really hard time starting the DZ 70 by hand and will say an electric starter is a must. The FZ 70 like the older YS's still uses pressurized fuel tank and can be started by hand. With the direct injection hand starting is too slow and the cylinder easily becomes flooded. The DZ engines get plumbed just like a gasser.

Quick Reply