Old 01-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by Franke21m
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
Discussion
Struggling with eq6 end points

Struggling with eq6 end points. I dont understand when they say to hold the stick over what stick they are talking about. When I go through the steps in the directions the servo stays at the last endpoint as if this is center. I am really struggling, Please help!!!
Franke21m is offline Find More Posts by Franke21m
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Long Island, NY
Joined Feb 2006
1,448 Posts
The transmitter stick
jimbomilligan is offline Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by Dan767
That's at least a 9
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Jan 2006
2,854 Posts
The stick is the control you are currently using. If you are using mode 2, (most are), the control on the right is the aileron and elevator stick. The one on the left would be the rudder and throttle stick. Moving them full left or right, or full up and down is what the instructions are referring too.

Hope this helps.
Dan767 is online now Find More Posts by Dan767
Old 01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
I am starting with the split elevators and the first one I tried I went through the steps and when I turn the system back on center is full down. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I am using 7955 servos on a 110 inch ef yak. Only reason iam using this thing is to prevent y harness on aileron. I dont get it..
Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Long Island, NY
Joined Feb 2006
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke21m View Post
I am starting with the split elevators and the first one I tried I went through the steps and when I turn the system back on center is full down. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I am using 7955 servos on a 110 inch ef yak. Only reason iam using this thing is to prevent y harness on aileron. I dont get it..
You need to bring the dial back to 0 to save the settings you just did before shutting it off. Otherwise it resets
jimbomilligan is offline Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Old 01-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Its probably best if you call us for tech support. We can walk you through setting up a channel, then it should be easier.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 01-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
3D Farmer 4 Life
United States, NC, Elm City
Joined Jun 2010
1,328 Posts
I couldn't figure out my EQ6 at first, but there are some key points that Matt Balazcs showed me:

Turn the channel dial to desired channel, then function 1,2,3 is actually PORT A,B,C etc. Move the stick to which ever side you want to work on first, (i.e. up or down, lt or rt) and then press and hold the incr or dec button on the smart fly.

PUT IT BACK ON CHANNEL 0 WHEN YOU ARE DONE! I erased my programming twice... Not fun, and still kicking my butt about that.
GravyGoodness is offline Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
I figured it out and have to say this thing is sweet. All you have to do is fallow the direction from front to back (I am better with pictures)LOL. I really like how your servos hold the end points. This thing is way more simple than the programmers. I am loving the EQ6. I bought one for this EF 110 and my AAJ 104 Slick and am very happy.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyGoodness View Post
I couldn't figure out my EQ6 at first, but there are some key points that Matt Balazcs showed me:

Turn the channel dial to desired channel, then function 1,2,3 is actually PORT A,B,C etc. Move the stick to which ever side you want to work on first, (i.e. up or down, lt or rt) and then press and hold the incr or dec button on the smart fly.

PUT IT BACK ON CHANNEL 0 WHEN YOU ARE DONE! I erased my programming twice... Not fun, and still kicking my butt about that.
Hi. The Eq6 will store the settings you have made when you change either of the selectors, channel or function, to any new setting. For instance if you change the function from 1 to 2 it will store your current settings. You do not have to return to zero to save the settings like a Matchbox. It also will store the settings if you do nothing for 15 seconds. We tried to make the unit less fallible than the Matchbox where you must return to zero to store settings.
Site Sponsor
Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by RThome
Flyin' Around
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm having problem with calibrating the chanels, When I did the first time, it worked very nice, but for some reason, I decided to reset all, bad idea, now I can calibrate all chanels, just the chanel 3 and 4 work properly, the other i cant calibrate. Im using the Jr R921, can you help me?

Thanks
RThome is offline Find More Posts by RThome
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RThome View Post
Hi folks,
I'm having problem with calibrating the chanels, When I did the first time, it worked very nice, but for some reason, I decided to reset all, bad idea, now I can calibrate all chanels, just the chanel 3 and 4 work properly, the other i cant calibrate. Im using the Jr R921, can you help me?
Thanks
Hi,
This is hard to diagnose without knowing more. Channels 2 through 7 are the channels that will calibrate. The transmitter must be on. Any channels on toggle switches or rotaries will not calibrate unless they are very close to normal neutral. All your sub trims in the transmitter should be zeroed. The Eq6 makes sure that the neutral it is trying to calibrate is a valid neutral. You do not want to calibrate a channel on a toggle switch when the switch is at one extreme or another. Also, calibration is not essential. All it really does is make sure when you reverse a channel the channel the sub-trim remains the same.
Site Sponsor
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
I was wondering if I am able to Remove the turbo regulator off the eq6. I want to run a123 and dont want to run themm through the reg. thx.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by robbinsp
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Sep 2009
3,358 Posts
frankie, you up to something big eh?

i suggest you do not remove the regulator, no no!

put lipos in your big azz plane instead. more capacity per weight, higher available discharge rate, and theyre just cool, well, cuz i do it.

maybe rrritchie can chime in if the reg can be removed. i understand why you want to take it out, but i dont think its a good ID-Errr.
robbinsp is offline Find More Posts by robbinsp
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
Thx man. I was kindof thinkin the same thing. I am putting this 104 slick gear in. I bought 2 of the eq6 Turbos and had the intention to run Lipos. I have the Lipos but like the charge rate of a123. Got the 110 EF yak done and really like the eq6. Servo matching is sweet. I will just run the Lipos. Thax again!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
I was wondering if I am able to Remove the turbo regulator off the eq6. I want to run a123 and dont want to run themm through the reg. thx.
Hi,
Sorry but no, the regulator cannot be removed.
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply