logo
Old 02-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Todd View Post
#1 Hitec is manufactured in the Philippines.
#2 I(and others) bought Hitec because they are the best. (Programming, Ti gears, unreg LiPo ready)

None of my 7955's, 7950's, or 7980's have had these problems to date. If they do, I want Hitec to stand behind them. This issue has been known for two years.
That's just what everyone wants for hitec to stand behind their product.
I know if i have a problem with either of my DA's i can send them in to DA australia and I will have a repaired or replaced motor back to me within a week, DL australia give me the same service and also futaba australia do to
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverleyFlyer View Post
They may be cheap over there in the states but here in australia they are almost on par with the equvelent jr or futaba, When i purchased mine the shop i got them from only stocked hitec and didn't stock jr or futaba servos that's why i got them.
That is nonsense Beverly, DA Australia sell the Hitecs cheaper than the equivalent JR or most Futaba servo's, use tower coupons and you can get them for bargain prices. The fact DA Australia sell your so called faulty servos says something does it not, what does it say about DA if they are selling you faulty servos. DA stand behind one product but not another, is that not an oxymoron. That argument does not wash with me and I find DA an excellent shop, I would not mind hearing from Richo with how many returns DA have had with the Hitec range.
EddiePeels is offline Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
at what point do things not become toys?
That is easy, all are toys except for the house, the biggest toy is the pickup because I bet it will never see a load of dirt or load of anything.
EddiePeels is offline Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Find More Posts by Snooper
Suspended Account
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.W. Corrigan View Post
........and at what point does the consumer no longer have a right to a rational product with rational product support just because the funds spent were discretionary? Toys or not, real money was spent, consumers were financially harmed, Hitecs reputation and ultimately its bottom line will be affected which means those invested in the business are also harmed.

The product may be a toy. It's impact on the economy is quite real.

Good post my man.
Snooper is offline Find More Posts by Snooper
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by Mrs R
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
FROM DENISE

Hi!,
We have been corresponding with HITEC and they are looking into the Hardware from Rachael she will be sending them more information when on her feet again.

We don't know if it will be used but they are still open to a hardware fix but they will have to get head office to agree to any mods. they recomend.

Mike is on holidays at present which might explain why he hasn't any posts.

Don't remember when he will be back.

ALL THE BEST
Denise
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post
Hi!,
We have been corresponding with HITEC and they are looking into the Hardware from Rachael she will be sending them more information when on her feet again.

We don't know if it will be used but they are still open to a hardware fix but they will have to get head office to agree to any mods. they recomend.

Mike is on holidays at present which might explain why he hasn't any posts.

Don't remember when he will be back.

ALL THE BEST
Denise
Awesome!!
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Find More Posts by Bob B
Mtplesant Pa.
Joined May 2006
100 Posts
i think this is the biggest cry babby thred on the net most are acting like children I know for a fact that there are people on this thred that havent used these servoes in a plane but they enjoy P#s(*g on hitec because someone told them to
Bob B is offline Find More Posts by Bob B
Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by pryor808
Fast & Low
Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz
Joined Nov 2009
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.W. Corrigan View Post
Repost of the video and the description of the problems I had back on post number 2725. https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...postcount=2725

I would get long winded but Chris Todd pretty much summed up a lot of my views on this situation very nicely. At the time I did not post the servos I've gone to because I was trying to give Hitec the benefit of some more time to get their act together. This hasn't happened and Hitec/MM NEVER responded to my post. The one phone conversation I had with MM left me feeling like Hitec was blaming my RX, my setup and anything but the servo. So in the interest of sharing information I've decided to go with the Futaba BLS 157's.

BTW, other manufactures servos have demonstrated a jitter from time to time it's true. So what? The fact that designing a servo that does not do this may be a difficult engineering challenge is irrelevant. If it was easy to make a quality servo we would all just make our own rather thatn pony up our hard earned dollars to these companies who claim to know what they are doing. It has never been acceptable to say "they all do that". No servo at these price levels should ever do it period. And for the umpteenth time it does NOT go away in flight. When the sun hit that big purple rudder as it flew by it looked like a big ole bass lure flashing away.

The following post from Mike Mayberry was EXTREMELY offensive on too many levels to bother listing for this customer who has spent several thousand dollars on his companies product.

"Many of you have taken this to a personal level and at some point I'm not going to play anymore as the agenda for some is just to hurt and nothing else. I and Hitec have not ignored the public or the issue... We have responded and addressed both the jumping with the booster and the jitter with the firmware update, both now available. I've yet to see any productive discussions here in a while... only bashing, BS and personal attacks. I'm not going to play that game! Yes, I'm a rep but also a human being! So again... ANYONE that wants to talk to me like a man instead of posting childish garbage from behind the anonymity of their keyboard is welcomed and encouraged to call me (858) 748-6948 x 302"

http://vimeo.com/32325661
Here is your solution. Reduced to $115 still available.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/swapsho...ct=30321&cat=3
pryor808 is offline Find More Posts by pryor808
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
i think this is the biggest cry babby thred on the net most are acting like children I know for a fact that there are people on this thred that havent used these servoes in a plane but they enjoy P#s(*g on hitec because someone told them to
I love it when I read, "I know for a fact..."
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
Why don't you name the people that haven't used them but are complaining about it?... Who are they?

Lets find out who the real fakes and phonies are.
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by Kaveman
ont,ca,usa
Joined Jul 2007
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcoupe View Post
Why don't you name the people that haven't used them but are complaining about it?... Who are they?

im one that dont have any BUT I WAS GONNA GET THEM FOR ME AND MY KIDS PLANE but when i was ready i saw and read buttfaces video and talk with him now i wont trust those servos even if you gave me them .me and my kid performe at airshows and i dont need a ship going in anywhere near spectators .i chime in for buttface only to get his servos back from lowtech
Kaveman is offline Find More Posts by Kaveman
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by dunny
Grass Grower Extrodinare
United States, CA, Stanford
Joined Aug 2006
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwataAir View Post
Yes but here is the root of the problem in your terms, that little toy servo that people paid their hard earned money to buy does not hurt them in any way, it is not like it is a pace maker, limb augmentation or a breast implant. Life goes on, what is the point of high blood pressure and anger for the sake of a little toy servo.

The problem is the cheap chinese crap out there which has watered down the good products. Secondly, it is not like anyone bought Hitec servos because they were the best, they bought them because they are cheap, what did they expect, sometimes buying cheap burns you.
I would respectfully disagree with you on this. Peoples lives ARE on the line if they have something that fails to move a control surface where it is commanded to go and it fails and they know there is better than a reasonable chance of failure. And BTW, better do your research on where the servos are built.
dunny is offline Find More Posts by dunny
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Find More Posts by plane
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunny View Post
I would respectfully disagree with you on this. Peoples lives ARE on the line if they have something that fails to move a control surface where it is commanded to go and it fails and they know there is better than a reasonable chance of failure. And BTW, better do your research on where the servos are built.
I ain't heard of 7950's going to uncommanded positons causing a crash.
plane is offline Find More Posts by plane
Old 02-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by dunny
Grass Grower Extrodinare
United States, CA, Stanford
Joined Aug 2006
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I ain't heard of 7950's going to uncommanded positons causing a crash.
Then what would you call the jittering in flight that is seen in the videos posted on this thread?
dunny is offline Find More Posts by dunny
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by Snooper
Suspended Account
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcoupe View Post

Ah just ignore em Coupe.

Hitec is experiencing the effects of there mistakes very intensely at this point in time and this is very serious for them.

They are going to have to fix this problem NOW as the effects they are weathering have become to detrimental to the company. They know a hardware rework or new boards are inevitable to fix all the design flaws in these servos.
I am glad they are now looking at Rachael's production line hardware fix as an option.
Look for more revisions in the near future.This firmware update is just the first revision.

Hitec is motivated by profits or "lack of" in this case.
The fact of the mater is us the consumers are vital to there profits . Hitec will work for us to meet our expectations and adapt to our demands . Expect nothing less than excellence and thou shall receive...
Snooper is offline Find More Posts by Snooper

Quick Reply