logo
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by Franke21m
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
This is probly a stupid question but can I bypass the eq6 for the throttle servo. I am setting up my second and on the first one I run the throttle off the eq6. Seems like a waste of a programable channel. Thks.
Franke21m is offline Find More Posts by Franke21m
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by scott m lyons
GOT GAS ?
Bennington VT.
Joined Aug 2008
6,798 Posts
You can, I did this with a eq10 because the eq10 was run with straight lipo and the throttle servo wasn't capable of running on straight lipo. The eq10 only runs 5.0 volts to the reciver so it basicaly regulates all channles run off of the reciver. I plugged all my controll surfacess into the eq10 and the thrttle directly into the reciver. The throttle servo only saw 5.0 volts
scott m lyons is offline Find More Posts by scott m lyons
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
Cool Thx man. I wondered how that worked. I am set now. Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke21m View Post
This is probly a stupid question but can I bypass the eq6 for the throttle servo. I am setting up my second and on the first one I run the throttle off the eq6. Seems like a waste of a programable channel. Thks.
Hi, the next reply is wrong. You absolutely CANNOT plug servos into the receiver. The receiver voltage regulator CANNOT handle the current a servo can demand. It might work some time but if your throttle sticks it will shut down your receiver. We absolutely do not support ever plugging a servo into the throttle. We make a Servo Regulator just for cases where you need to regulate one servo.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Hi, the next reply is wrong. You absolutely CANNOT plug servos into the receiver. The receiver voltage regulator CANNOT handle the current a servo can demand. It might work some time but if your throttle sticks it will shut down your receiver. We absolutely do not support ever plugging a servo into the throttle. We make a Servo Regulator just for cases where you need to regulate one servo.

That makes perfect sense. I was wondering if the eq6 regulates the power to the receiver how much current can pulled before the receiver shuts down. Thanks for the heads up. I will run the throttle off the eq6.

Quick Reply