RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
The Global Oil and Gas industry is a very complex business that involve millions of employees working for thousands of companies around the world. The marketing, sales and shipment of product is massive and many factors are part of the "price". At the end of the day supply and demand do arrive at the price quote. As any business does it tries to get the highest price for it's product that it can get. Without giving a lesson in economics of oil the break is easy to find to reduce the world cost of crude oil, it is real easy 1) reduce the world demand to exceed today's world supply 2) increase the world supply to exceed the world demand. It is that simple. If you are convinced that the speculator is driving up the price of oil and making a fortune----what is stopping you from jumping in and making money. If you want to remove the speculator eliminate the reasons for him to speculate. As an example: we had a opportunity to increase our domestic supply here to reduce and possibly eliminate our dependence on the Middle East in the future in our country by adding the Keystone Pipeline from Alberta Canada to the gulf coast. That will not happen according to the Federal Government. Until the oil industry is replaced by other sources we are stuck with it and it will be many years before we see that because we will not change our life style and will not give up the products that come from the oil industry. So for the short term---(the next 50 years) drill---drill---drill and pipe----pipe----pipe or figure out how to stay home and not buy gas because without the production rising to meet demand the price will continue to go up in the long run.
BINGO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
True enough. It won't be a concern for most of us, but your grandchildren and their kids will live in a world where oil can no longer be wasted to power cars and trucks. But we'll be long gone, so who cares.
New technology will certainly be viable by then, no need to worry.............I am very confident of that

Quote:
Based on the logic that people should be tested if they receive public monies, yes, I do.

But if you insist on testing them since they get your money, then EVERYONE who gets your money should be tested.
Agreed
RTK is offline Find More Posts by RTK
Last edited by RTK; 02-29-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:

To be clear, I find the idea repugnant that people who receive welfare, unemployment or food stamps are of weak moral fiber and likely drugs addicts. But if you insist on testing them since they get your money, then EVERYONE who gets your money should be tested.

here is my take on this. I truely believe there are some in the general population are genuine and need welfare. But since we are already feeding them, providing rent and housing to them, free medical,(kinda), why not make them go to school to get an education so they can improve themselves and get off welfare and become like the rest of the tax payers. i know it wont work for some, but it should for the higher percentile. if they refuse to do so for anything other than a solid reason, no more benifits. Why do i have to go to work, pay my taxes, pay my insurance,make my house payment, pay any of my bills when i could just sit back and not work and collect free money.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 02-29-2012, 06:30 PM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts
Either that or do community services like picking up trash, cleaning parks, beautifying America etc for reimbursement.......................
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Either that or do community services like picking up trash, cleaning parks, etc.......................

exactly, the majority are capable of working, heck we have to pay for their public transportation. the least they can do is use it to go to work.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
I sincerely hope that none of you ever becomes unemployed or has some other traumatic situation in your life that jeopardizes your ideas of what "they" are like and why "they" are in the circumstances "they" are. This idea that welfare and food stamp recipients are just a bunch of lazy do nothings feeding off the public teat demonstrates a deep ignorance and total lack of empathy.

Lastly, since many of you are no doubt observant Christians, I refer you to the Bible. Consider what Matthew 25:40 has to say.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts
Quote:
I sincerely hope that none of you ever becomes unemployed or has some other traumatic situation in your life that jeopardizes your ideas of what "they" are like and why "they" are in the circumstances "they" are. This idea that welfare and food stamp recipients are just a bunch of lazy do nothings feeding off the public teat demonstrates a deep ignorance and total lack of empathy.

Lastly, since many of you are no doubt observant Christians, I refer you to the Bible. Consider what Matthew 25:40 has to say.
That is what the safety net was designed for, I hold no angst against those in need. Remember in the good book there is also something about laziness and sloth......If I recall right we even might be of the same faith
I have worked in the same industry and location for 28 years, the majority of who I see are just screwing the system, those in need I truly feel for and are the least likely to receive.
Judge you and I have gone around on many topics, and I believe are of the same faith, no decent person wants to see other go without the basic needs, but on the other hand, no one should prosper through sloth from the charity they receive. And In this instance the charity is involuntary taxes taken from others.

Matthew 25:40

New International Version (NIV)

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Proverbs 18:9

King James Version (KJV)

9He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
Last edited by RTK; 02-29-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Ive been reading keeping an eye on this thread but not saying much about it. Im ready to say something now. Nobody said that "ALL" people on public assistance are worthless and taking advantage. I would like to think that, as decent people, we all want to see those in need, get what they need. Nobody should starve in this country, and nobody should be homeless. I would also like to mention the fact that when disasters happen around the world, like in Haiti, the American public is always head and shoulders above the rest in charitable contributions. We, as a people excel at compassion and giving to those that need. Now, with all that being said......The public assistance network we have in place is fatally flawed. Our system rewards laziness and dependency on the government. For those who truly need it, we are glad they get it........but the simple fact of the matter is that the people who need it are not the majority of the people who are on it. So, if someone who is on public assistance for more than say....6 months.....and shows no desire to return to the work force, being of sound mind and body, wants to get their check.......THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PASS A DRUG SCREEN. I have to pass a regular drug screen and random drug screens for my continued employment....they should have to pass one to get my money.....PERIOD. By the way Judge, its not the same as everyone else who gets my money.......most of those people provide me a service for payment. None of them are standing at my door waiting for free handouts. I also believe that all public officials, and government employees, elected, appointed or otherwise, should be subjected to drug screens. Im paying their salary, and expecting them to look out for my intrests.......i have to take one, they should to. One last thing @ Judge......If my point of view shows a deep ignorance and lack of empathy, thats just too bad. It is statistically proven that public assistance is flawed and people have learned the loopholes and how to play the system. My opinion is aimed at those who dont need help and could be working. Besides what i said before..........If someone needs public assistance, and they are that bad off, they shouldnt be wasting their money on illegal drugs anyway.....drugs are expensive, and i expect anyone who i give money to to be prudent and a good stewart of my money.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by SuperTrooper
Joined Feb 2012
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
The Global Oil and Gas industry is a very complex business that involve millions of employees working for thousands of companies around the world. The marketing, sales and shipment of product is massive and many factors are part of the "price". At the end of the day supply and demand do arrive at the price quote. As any business does it tries to get the highest price for it's product that it can get. Without giving a lesson in economics of oil the break is easy to find to reduce the world cost of crude oil, it is real easy 1) reduce the world demand to exceed today's world supply 2) increase the world supply to exceed the world demand. It is that simple. If you are convinced that the speculator is driving up the price of oil and making a fortune----what is stopping you from jumping in and making money. If you want to remove the speculator eliminate the reasons for him to speculate. As an example: we had a opportunity to increase our domestic supply here to reduce and possibly eliminate our dependence on the Middle East in the future in our country by adding the Keystone Pipeline from Alberta Canada to the gulf coast. That will not happen according to the Federal Government. Until the oil industry is replaced by other sources we are stuck with it and it will be many years before we see that because we will not change our life style and will not give up the products that come from the oil industry. So for the short term---(the next 50 years) drill---drill---drill and pipe----pipe----pipe or figure out how to stay home and not buy gas because without the production rising to meet demand the price will continue to go up in the long run.
The average American does not have the funds to jump in this market and you know it. The middle class of this country are what keeps America going. The rich are the ones who can afford to play in the markets. Without the middle class this country suffers. Today the middle class is the smallest it has been since the 1940's or 50's.

Now knowing the middle class has shrunk is it really any surprise that America is not doing as well either?

This countries biggest mistake was shipping manufacturing jobs overseas. Those jobs are what built this country and the middle class. Now those jobs are gone replaced with lower wage service jobs.
SuperTrooper is offline Find More Posts by SuperTrooper
Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 PM
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
I to support those that truely need it. But i know there are alot of people that milk the system. the biggest problem with the milkers are it leaves less money and resources for those that truely need assistance. I think everyone has heard of stories where people in need have been declined help because of lack of funding or some crazy loop hole. i know people who purposely did not look for a job or made sure they didn't get a job because they would make more money on welfare. they were more than capable of working but chose not to. and after i think 2 1/2 of collecting and it ran out they were truely pissed that they had to get a job an pay taxes.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Quote:
To be clear, I find the idea repugnant that people who receive welfare, unemployment or food stamps are of weak moral fiber and likely drugs addicts.
You must live in a glass house, because large numbers of welfare recipients fraud the system and do it intentially. Certainly not all, but many. In my neck of the woods, you would be blind to think they are not weak people that deceive the system. The system is simply and purposely abused and the hard working tax payer suffers the cost of such burdens upon his/her back.

A careful study would make one rather sad of the state of such things. We mostly just turn our heads in the other direction instead of making the government accountable for such waste! At least my 1.5 cents, but what do I know. I am just a lowly hard working tax paying citizen of the United States of America.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Quote:
That is what the safety net was designed for, I hold no angst against those in need. Remember in the good book there is also something about laziness and sloth......If I recall right we even might be of the same faith
I have worked in the same industry and location for 28 years, the majority of who I see are just screwing the system, those in need I truly feel for and are the least likely to receive.
Judge you and I have gone around on many topics, and I believe are of the same faith, no decent person wants to see other go without the basic needs, but on the other hand, no one should prosper through sloth from the charity they receive. And In this instance the charity is involuntary taxes taken from others.

Matthew 25:40

New International Version (NIV)

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Proverbs 18:9

King James Version (KJV)

9He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
The only difference between a thief and one who abuses welfare is the abuser of welfare does it via legal channels
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchnia View Post
You must live in a glass house.....
It's a California thing... this type of thinking is what has led the once great state to bankruptcy.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46212105/Cali...Money_by_March
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts
You have no idea how broke we are in california
Which has no relevance to this topic except for the solar panel company that the tax payer subsidized via government loans which went bankrupt, as some battery companies in the state will soon follow..............
Old 02-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Quote:
You have no idea how broke we are in california
I do, I own a house there and get raped every time I open my wallet.
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts
Oh, hi Chris, I know you through other forums, didn't recognize your avatar. I live by modesto just south of you a couple of hours or so. Gotta get together and fly sometime, believe i briefly met you at one of the fly ins near lodi.

Quick Reply