logo
Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Find More Posts by S Mullis
Fly Low and Dirty
Monterey,Tennessee
Joined May 2007
406 Posts
Well here is another example of a fly by nite seller for these engines. If you look at this months MA magazine on page 106
at the bottom of the page you will see an add for jc engines. The website is HEINEN AEROWERKS.com. So now I went to the site and got there contact info. Well low and behold you cannot get ahold of them by E-Mail. I keep getting mail delivery failure. There site gas Aerowerks spelled differently.AREOWERKS.com. I tried both the correct spelling and the mispelled also with no results. Now I don't know who they are. I was just curious if the did warranty work on the engines they sell or would they repair my 120 for me.No reply as of yet.
I have been in contact with Kevin At JC Engines about my 120 and he is going to find out the problem and if it can't be repaired he will give me a new 120.This will be on or around the 5th of sept. He is having DHL even come and pick up the engine at my resident and send it back to china and return it at no cost to me. Now that is customer service!! I don't have any idea how long it will take but there still is lots of time before my flying season ends here in Tennessee. I still might be able to get my new OMP yak-55M in the air yet.I am not expecting this engine ever to outperform a DA-120 but I sure would like to at least get 6000 rpm's with a 28/10 with no extreme vibration and smooth spoolup. Got to be better than what I have had so far.5260 on a 27/10 wood prop and only 5000 with a vess cf 28/10 stealth. Anyway everything is going forward as communication with Kevin is very good so far. So I will keep you all posted and wish me luck. Steve Mullis
S Mullis is offline Find More Posts by S Mullis
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by Unmanned
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
1,031 Posts
How much flying weather will be remaining by the time you get your engine back? People, great customer service seems a little shallow if you're constantly having to make use of it. Kind of hard to get any flying done, and that's what we bought this stuff for.
Unmanned is offline Find More Posts by Unmanned
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Find More Posts by PropsnWings
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Spool View Post
Vaca there is talks of new cylinder getting released soon. If there is any truth to this then I will post my findings.
I replied to your PM, Justin. Let me know your thoughts, or if you are interested.

I think my PM box was full........ I emptied out some of it now......
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old 08-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGMember View Post
Cylinder has just turned "new"! You mean newer than "new"?!
Yes, if he does his home work it should work out for everyone; I will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick H View Post
JC 130 coming soon. Dealers wanted!

and so the process starts again.
Not quite, will be the same stroke and bore. Hopefully a better port design, who really knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
I replied to your PM, Justin. Let me know your thoughts, or if you are interested.

I think my PM box was full........ I emptied out some of it now......
I just got your follow up, im off to work now. I will reply again when I get home.
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Old 08-29-2012, 06:10 AM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:

I just got your follow up, im off to work now. I will reply again when I get home.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by vacaman
Santiago, Chile
Joined Dec 2007
277 Posts
Quote:
Vaca there is talks of new cylinder getting released soon. If there is any truth to this then I will post my findings.
V3 cylinders, great. lets hope that with them the engine can reach a decent power output. Unless they produce noticeable more output than the ones that I have now (V1) I am not going to change them again. Too much wasted flight time with this engine, now I have to start breaking-in it again, and that is booooring.
But I see good things happening if Kevin stays in this track, supporting his costumers and upgrading parts when its needed.
I wonder if he will suply new cylinder assemblies for all the engines out there.
vacaman is offline Find More Posts by vacaman
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaman View Post
I wonder if he will suply new cylinder assemblies for all the engines out there.
I do not see that being financially gainful for him , so
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Santiago, Chile
Joined Dec 2007
277 Posts
Yeah I know. Being a little sarcastic. But we must agreed that he is doing better than before. I know it from my own experience.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
I understand, but tell me who sells them now in the US ? I refuse to order anything of large value from HK, and that is the only distributor I know of, with the exception of the few "fly by night" ones you will find Google searching.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
His old cylinder has a decent port design just horrible execution. Maybe he got it dialed in finally, I don't know anymore then what i've posted. I fly the current cylinder on all my jc60 and jc120s and they have been holding up well, it just seems the jc120 has been hit or miss on power output. I understand your frustration vacaman, for what it's worth i've got new type cylinders to replace all the customers that have had the older type even when I did not sell them the engines. I sent them new cylinders and gaskets free of charge on 1 condition and that was to get the old cylinder shipped back to me. As of yet I have had not one old jc customer send me there old cylinders back, go figure.
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
His old cylinder has a decent port design just horrible execution. Maybe he got it dialed in finally, I don't know anymore then what i've posted. I fly the current cylinder on all my jc60 and jc120s and they have been holding up well, it just seems the jc120 has been hit or miss on power output. I understand your frustration vacaman, for what it's worth i've got new type cylinders to replace all the customers that have had the older type even when I did not sell them the engines. I sent them new cylinders and gaskets free of charge on 1 condition and that was to get the old cylinder shipped back to me. As of yet I have had not one old jc customer send me there old cylinders back, go figure.
I am sorry to hear that Justin, but unfortunately, some will not spend the few dollars to ship, even when they were given the new part free of charge. Maybe next time charge them the shipping both ways, and include the shipping label with the new part? At least would be a lil more motivation to ship the old part back?

I will be in and out, if you get time, give me a shout in regards to the PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Santiago, Chile
Joined Dec 2007
277 Posts
Fortunatelly I have another planes to fly, so no problem there. I miss Flying my yak55 tought. The cylinders that I am using now are ones that I have as spare parts. Not all the old cylinders where crap, just some of them. I got lucky and these ones are good. They donīt have the neat exterior look but I really donīt care as long as they hold up.
Now lets wait for the new cylinders yo show up.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by FGMember
GTA, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
623 Posts
I was too happy with my jc60 that bought another one for the new project! ...why fix it?!! Which one of the followings I gain if switch to newer cyl?
1- more hi rpm
2- more torque
3-slower idle

It is nice of jc that doing this for free. But I'd like to know if I should do the upgrade at all
FGMember is offline Find More Posts by FGMember
Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by Unmanned
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
1,031 Posts
General guideline for corrective actions: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you're happy with it, it ain't broke.
Unmanned is offline Find More Posts by Unmanned
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by FGMember
GTA, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanned View Post
General guideline for corrective actions: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you're happy with it, it ain't broke.
Exactly
FGMember is offline Find More Posts by FGMember

Quick Reply