Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > Radios
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
Hammerman
DA isn't Haulin it? It Drags

Quote: Originally Posted by wings19
View Post
In most 40% aircraft 2 servos is enough. However, I'm putting together a 125" Extreme Flight Extra where it is strongly recommended to use 3 servos due to the size of the ailerons. This thing has pretty huge wings. I'm flying it for IMAC also so I want crisp snaps.
The assembly manual instructs you to use three on the ailerons. The trailing edge is thin on the EF Extra. At first I only installed two however I did not fly it that way and after looking at it and moving the ailerons I installed the third. There is no problem with the power of three.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #17
columbo
Bring back the Cap

Hmmm, I didn't realize it was going on a plane that is actually larger than most 40%. If 3 is recommended by EF, then I guess you need 3. I thought it was a typical 118-122 inch 36-40 lb 40 percenter which I have seen many guys fly with two aileron servos no problem.
columbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
nebwake
Uber Contributor

if you get the ailerons mechanically perfect you can use a Y and get it done that way. I'm running my 40% on 8 channels! 2x hitec's on each aileron mechanically perfect and programmed using a "Y", 1 8711 per stab mixed at rx, 2x 8711's rudder mixed at rx, throttle and cutoff. Im also using Y's for the batteries but might switch to a powersafe rx.
nebwake is offline   Reply With Quote