Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 09-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #2131
rightflyer
Gettin' Lower!

Did anyone running the EME 60 use the cannister muffler?
rightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #2132
Micheal71
Flyin' Around

Not sure how to explain this but I will give it a try. I picked up one of these planes used it flies well except. It seem to want to snap to the right when flying slow or tip stall not sure how to explain it. Has anyone had this problem I have been messing with the cg any help would be great Thanks Mike
Micheal71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #2133
KenSue
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by Micheal71
View Post
Not sure how to explain this but I will give it a try. I picked up one of these planes used it flies well except. It seem to want to snap to the right when flying slow or tip stall not sure how to explain it. Has anyone had this problem I have been messing with the cg any help would be great Thanks Mike
I was hoping someone, with more exprience than me, would chime in on this one. My first question is: If it wants to tip to the right, does it do the same on take off? We can go further from there. Personally, I have zero issues with mine and I have not heard of anyone with the same issue.

www.mcrcc.net
KenSue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #2134
buster232
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by Micheal71
View Post
Mine had pretty nasty tendency to tip stall and snap out of loops. I found some slop on the aileron linkages and fixed that. Then moved my batteries back( I have an electric) that seemed to help. Then I put an ET guardian in it. Now all wing rock is gone. Try looking for slop then move your cg.
buster232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:41 AM   #2135
zippi
Uber Contributor

Don't have any tip stalling issues with my Extra. I have the CG set to where I have to hold just a little down elevator when inverted. Lands very slow and just seems to be rock solid.
zippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #2136
buster232
Flyin' Around

Ironically, I just had this conversation with a friend. He said that it sounds like too much elevator throw. Try reducing it and see.
buster232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #2137
Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth

Is anyone running a medium Proflow tuned muffler with a DA 60 or any other engine on this Carden ?
Bandegraphix
Thunderbolt R/C
Rusty 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #2138
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

Is it only me or this plane is really hard to hover due to the torque. Mine turns really hard to the left when in hover and it's almost impossible to maintain yuri altitude while you try to make enough prop wash to make the ailerons effective to fight the torque power. I'm electric.
BlinkguY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #2139
Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth

I have noticed that too , very hard to hold a hover . I was practising at some evelation and it's very hard to maintain the hover. Im using a DA 60 in mine ,when i was practising this, the magnet from the prop hub was thrown clear , a quick turn and lined her up for a safe landing ..I dislike sudden dead stick landing .
Bandegraphix
Thunderbolt R/C
Rusty 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #2140
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

Yeap. But in the demo video it seems it holds a hover without too much ailerons at all. Crazy
Old 10-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #2141
jimmitch
Doo It! Doo It!

I added a ton of aileron throw and it still is hard to hold a hover.
jimmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #2142
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

Ywap. I have as much as possible. Torque is just too much on this bird. At least that's what it looks like
Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #2143
Gixxerjack
Doo It! Doo It!

Gixxerjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #2144
jimmitch
Doo It! Doo It!

That looks like mine, it"s hard to hold a hover.I'm not saying you can't hover it, but it loves to Torque.
jimmitch is offline   Reply With Quote