Old 06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by rick dazzler
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Discussion
Aerobeez 100-120cc 108" 37% Scale MXS-R build thread

Hey guys.. I am reserving my spot for this build thread..
My two favorite aerobats are the 2 newest and most different.. The SBACH and MXSR
When I saw aerobeez had this in stock I had to pull the trigger!!!
http://www.aerobeez.com/108-37-Scale...lane-Blue.html

Alan was great to deal with and I just got the plane in and took it out of the box..
First impression... Overall quality and glue joints look great!
Covering is Monocote not oracover or ultracoat. it is more heat sensitive but has a much better luster on the finish than ultracoat. Not one wrinkle in the covering!

ALL carbon hardware included minus the spinner.. I am going to suggest them to put a CF spinner in the box.

Hardware is as good as most of the major arf manuf. nowadays and includes reverse thread turnbuckles and ball links.. I will use all of it

Wing tube is questionable... I may reinforce this as I plan to fly aggressive as always

Hinging is done with pocket hinges so all of that work is done!! I do like the fact this has gapless pocket hinges and feel this is the future in hinge technology.

Overall I am impressed and the packaging was great. Only minor issue was the wing tip roots had minimal damage from being packed tightly but that isn't a big issue to me

I will be loading out of box photos soon. I will say this will be a slow one as I got to work and ship out orders and I am building a new warehouse/workshop plus with the giant scale event we are throwing down I am spread thin!! Will keep you guys updated and reserve this spot, thanks!
rick dazzler is offline Find More Posts by rick dazzler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Might I add it has a hinged canopy!! I love this option.. Now all of my switch's mount inside!!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Its great to be alive!
United States, OH, Norwalk
Joined Mar 2008
1,563 Posts
Rick is this the same plane that SDS hobyshop sells and Peak models? just curious as to who actually makes the plane.The specs, pics ,and hardware and look the same. Nice looking plane and hardware looks decent, well except for the plastic wheels. Will be interesting to see the "assembly thread"
Wayne's World is offline Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Old 06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
Rick is this the same plane that SDS hobyshop sells and Peak models? just curious as to who actually makes the plane.The specs, pics ,and hardware and look the same. Nice looking plane and hardware looks decent, well except for the plastic wheels. Will be interesting to see the "assembly thread"
Wayne.. I think it may be coming from the same factory. The 30cc and 50cc stuff is from the same factory. However neither SDS or Peak has the 100cc MXSR available.. Aerobeez is the only supplier for it.. i think aerobeez is trying to go down another path than peak which is good.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
nice looking plane
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old 06-22-2012, 05:44 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Well guys.. Cleaned a workspace out and pulled it out of the box.. The plane was packed very well.. It came in 3 box's.. One for the wings, one for the fuselage, and one for the cowl..

MAN THE COWL IS HUGE!! I swear you could fit a 170 in that thing.. I love the hinged canopy design.. Not sure about the one screw holding it when shut though........

Also a little concerned on elevator throw.. Dont look to be no more than 25-30 degrees.. Should be fine though..
Notice the carbon fiber receiver tube and these are in the wings as well!! I like that there is a hatch in front of the actual folding canopy so you can get to the fuel tank. Great design there because a full length hinged fold-over canopy would stay on..

The hardware looks great and the wheel pant are fiberglass (unlike the plastic ones on the 50cc mxsr). I will throw away the wheels and use my own fuel tank for sure. Rest of the hardware is more than usable!

I have bought, assembled, and flown the aerobeez 50cc mxsr and this definatly seems like a small step up in quality However i notified alan to tell the factory about the wing tube as I feel is insufficient the same as the 50cc mxsr..

All in all so far I can say this is a HUGE 100cc airplane.. ENourmous wing area!!
Last edited by rick dazzler; 06-22-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:01 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
pics
Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
More
Old 06-22-2012, 07:25 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
Nice Chad ! Your'e on a mission ,didn't you just do a 104 Slick?

BTW, I love the Taildragger Rc switches,igniton battery and A123 I got from you.
ant is offline Find More Posts by ant
Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
Nice Chad ! Your'e on a mission ,didn't you just do a 104 Slick?

BTW, I love the Taildragger Rc switches,igniton battery and A123 I got from you.
Thanks ant. On a role for sure. sold the slick. after this comes a composite build. Thanks for the comments ! Glad you liked your items!
Last edited by rick dazzler; 06-22-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Well guys.. Not a whole lot done as of yet... Wife wanted a boat ride this weekend.
I did go over most glue joints with med CA.. Glue in critical areas seems ok from the factory but some lacked a little..

Did figure out the canopy system on this plane and it's sweet!!

I used 4 included M3 hex screws and some blue locktite and screw the hinges in place.. The other side or (canopy side) of the hinges were done at the factory and blind nuts screwed and factory glued....After that at the field all you do is fold over the canopy and install 1!! screw!! Love this canopy design!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Installing the rudder was ......well EASY.. Just install the steel music wire in the pockets and presto

I did add some thin CA to the Plywood tabs for the pocket hinging..

Also pictured is one aileron dis-attached to show how easy the pocket hinges install.. BE SURE to add some thin ca to the ply tabs as mentioned above.. They seemed in there but I cant afford them blowing off in flight!!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:22 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
The kit includes some servo easy link connectors to install at the opposite side of the music wire on each control surface..

Also pictured as you can see there is a forward canopy/hatch for the fuel tank area.. Miss kitty cat approves.. Was sizing her up for a ride but the wife says NO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:47 PM
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Used a soldering iron for the stab/stab tube cutouts.. Blind nuts pre-installed for the stab mounts just punched them out with the iron

Gear mounted.. The CF landing gear is the same manufacturer gear as on my pilot sbach and is very rigid! Has a ply block with aluminum angle and four bolts. The supplied axles seems more than efficient for the job and is a much larger diameter than normal arf supplied 100cc size axle's.. Tailgear and stabs mounted as well..
Old 06-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Find More Posts by Glyder
United States, OH, Canton
Joined Sep 2011
873 Posts
What size spinner is it gonna need??
Glyder is offline Find More Posts by Glyder

Quick Reply