logo
Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Re: Another free plan

A tracing tool used for dress making works for me the best. Fast easy and accurate. Beats the old method of using a pin to mark out the line

If you can afford to print out two copies of some sheets with the formers on you can spray glue these to the wood and cut round them then peel off after cutting is done.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Last edited by MODE 1; 09-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by aeronut62
Flyin' Around
UK
Joined Jun 2007
3 Posts

I've just tried to download your Monocupe contribution, to be told that I'm either not logged in (I obviously am) or I don't have the necessary rights - Any ideas?

Simon.
aeronut62 is offline Find More Posts by aeronut62
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts

Works for me..........Have you been a bad boy? LOL Try contacting one of the moderators maybe your account has some glitch to it. Or email me and I'll send you a copy.....emails in some of the above posts
Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by GMoney
Lake Tawakoni
Joined Feb 2006
1,663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronut62 View Post
I've just tried to download your Monocupe contribution, to be told that I'm either not logged in (I obviously am) or I don't have the necessary rights - Any ideas?

Simon.

Three more post and then try.. Sometimes you need to have 5 post before things start to happen.. Been a long time since I had that problem..
GMoney is offline Find More Posts by GMoney
Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by KEITH RUSH
KEITH RUSH
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2006
605 Posts

Pete,

Have you thought about designing a Laser 200 around the 33% size? I know the cowl is availiable from fiberglass specialties. Such a good flyer.

Keith
KEITH RUSH is offline Find More Posts by KEITH RUSH
Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts

Hi Keith
As a general rule of thumb all the plans I post for others to build have been built and flown by me in the past the only exception being the Monocoupe.
For some reason the Laser has never been a model I have found attractive enough to build. I have heard good things about them though, it's just not one I have considered.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Find More Posts by mark winstanley
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2009
60 Posts

Keith; the Lanier Laser 200 33% model was nice and easy to build and fly. There are plans around even though Lanier is no longer in production. I Have seen copies on the web for the plans as well.

Mark.
mark winstanley is offline Find More Posts by mark winstanley
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Find More Posts by gamalierlozada
United States, NC, Hope Mills
Joined Sep 2009
248 Posts

Pete, I received your Cap 232 plans yesterday and gave them a detailed look, my impression is that your designs are better, simpler and more detailed that most of the bigger companies. I'm a machinist by trade and have seen a lot of blue prints in 18 years of professional experience. I really appreciate the time and effort you put in your designs. I now how time consuming is to build a kit and I can even imagine how difficult is to design, build, test and then go back again and start to change here and there to improve the design. Thanks to you the building community (which sadly is decreasing by the ARF's) still have a source for good plans and designs.

Feel free to send me any sport plans as they come out (Extra, Edge, Cap, Yak, Sukhoi)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! GOD BLESS.
gamalierlozada is offline Find More Posts by gamalierlozada
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts

Oh that's really very nice of you to say so .....Thank you.
I try to keep parts down to a minimum where possible to save build time and reduce weight/cost. Guess I could have done more to the CAP but as it was an experiment I was more interested in how it would perform instead of designing it as light as could be, although there isnt much i would change if re drawing ........perhaps some changes to the stab tube assy but not much really.

The only plan I have that could go in a few days would be a Gee Bee R3 its an older plan I posted last year on the site and gained quite some interest I'll re post it again if you like? Its designed around a 30cc engine but can take a 40 ......maybe a 50 with some mods but would be overkill on a 50 unless pylon racing is your thing? After some questions regarding plan detail from a few of the guys I updated the plan with more detail especially on the wing which was very basic in its layout and included building tabs etc to make assembly easier. Some specs before I re post if you wish me to. Wingspan 76" fuse length 80" weight of the prototype was 12 pounds with a 30cc engine. There is some fiber glassing to make the cowl , wheel pants and a little aluminum fabrication work for the wheel oleos but again thats part of modeling to me. For its wing size it doesnt sound very big but as its a rounded fuse like a P47 it really is quite large for what it is but very simple to make.

Give me a day or so and I'll re post this.
I have several other aerobatic models and a few warbirds, such as a 110" P47 ,Yak 54 of various sizes, 45, 35, 30 and 25% a few Extras of similar sizes to the Yak and a 52% Sukhoi, I have been building for nearly 2 years now and don't seem to have the time to finish it, but the plans are not sufficient for most people as I tend to draw only the basic outlines of parts and then build from there making changes as I go. One day I'll get em done.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by erjpilot
Quakertown, PA USA
Joined Jan 2006
883 Posts

Sub'd
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old 01-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by aeronut62
Flyin' Around
UK
Joined Jun 2007
3 Posts

Hi Pete,

Thanks for emailing the plans, much appreciated! I think 40% will be pleanty big enough to put past the wife

Simon.
aeronut62 is offline Find More Posts by aeronut62
Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by rcar4
Champaign
Joined Apr 2008
94 Posts

I have a 40cc sitting around that would be great for an R3 :-) I would also like any 25% plans to keep costs down for my limited hobby budget. I am reading up on scratch building , you have inspired me. Many years ago I built tissue covered rubber powered kits. With all the help online and your great plans, I am sure I am going to have some fun!
Thanks Pete!!
rcar4 is offline Find More Posts by rcar4
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts

So I have had this Edge wing and tail set hanging around for about a year now and never could find a good home for them. After getting the edge plans from Pete, I tweaked them for the Laser and cut some parts. I will be building a new fuse and vertical fin to attach these to. I plan on removing the covering of the existing parts and lightening them up by coring them out. this should make a nice flying plane with minimal investment. I even lucked out and all the root ribs are at the correct angle so I save a bunch of work there. Here are a few pics.

Note: I changed the corner gussets at F6 to be a single part. there will still be the balsa parts behind it but this seemed like an easier way to do it.
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82
Last edited by rcpilot82; 01-12-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: added note
Old 01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts

Copyright infringement going on here me thinks. Is there a lawyer in the house ????

All that extra wood on the former will weigh it down...........It'll never fly now

Never fails to impress me that you can throw the drawing through the laser and out comes all the parts ready to assemble by the time I would have cut out one former. Great stuff
Old 01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts

My dad always says, Work Smarter...Not Harder. Lasers are great. my CNC Router only gets used on thick hardwoods and milling foamies now.

Pete, do you like the part labeling on everything??
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82

Quick Reply