logo
Old 06-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by UNDERDOG
Floating Around
Joined Oct 2008
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
Go Pro 2 it is then. We did find out that the water proof box that the camera goes into needs the lens to be rainxed to keep the water running off the lens during take-off and landings.
Rob, steve and I have been flying with the gp2 all weekend and am trying the rain-x today, will let you know how that works, btw , flew the 50% with amphibs, went really good, the new wings finally showed up with flaps, looks like fun.

Underdog
UNDERDOG is offline Find More Posts by UNDERDOG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Find More Posts by UNDERDOG
Floating Around
Joined Oct 2008
96 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a Go Pro?
Rob, make sure you buy the special mount they offer to hook on to the wing strut, you will see it in the accessory section, I also bought the suction cup deal.
UNDERDOG is offline Find More Posts by UNDERDOG
Old 06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERDOG View Post
Rob, make sure you buy the special mount they offer to hook on to the wing strut, you will see it in the accessory section, I also bought the suction cup deal.
Good to know----I flew the suction cup at the Nall and it worked great.
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 06-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERDOG View Post
Rob, steve and I have been flying with the gp2 all weekend and am trying the rain-x today, will let you know how that works, btw , flew the 50% with amphibs, went really good, the new wings finally showed up with flaps, looks like fun.

Underdog
Bob, you will be dangerous now that you have flaps, no more go-a-rounds!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy
Old 06-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Bob, you will be dangerous now that you have flaps, no more go-a-rounds!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy
You have to get some of the video up on FG, let's see what the 50%er is doing? Have you put it down on the ground??? We need more rain to get our lakes back.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by floridaboy
F-ing off
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Aug 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a Go Pro?
yup......well used to...........it got sucked into a very big turbo on a pulling truck about 3 weeks ago................. needless to say the polycarbonate hard case didnt survive the 100K rpm compressor.... and the turbo didnt survive the polycarbonate hard case..... LOL
floridaboy is offline Find More Posts by floridaboy
Old 06-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaboy View Post
yup......well used to...........it got sucked into a very big turbo on a pulling truck about 3 weeks ago................. needless to say the polycarbonate hard case didnt survive the 100K rpm compressor.... and the turbo didnt survive the polycarbonate hard case..... LOL
AHAA so you had a go pro!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by juicesqueezer
SMOKING!
Okeechobee, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
1,843 Posts
Well, just a heads up, Sea Commander is no longer selling product. The business is up for sale.
How are you coming with your floats Rob? Found the older Hangar 9 Taylorcraft with the 85.5" one piece wing and will be installing floats on it. Most likely the H9 ones. Have also found a Monocoupe that would look good on floats with a 95" w/s. This is the Icon model. What do you think Rob????
juicesqueezer is offline Find More Posts by juicesqueezer
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by komrom
Cut Em' Loose!
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Jan 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicesqueezer View Post
Well, just a heads up, Sea Commander is no longer selling product. The business is up for sale.
How are you coming with your floats Rob? Found the older Hangar 9 Taylorcraft with the 85.5" one piece wing and will be installing floats on it. Most likely the H9 ones. Have also found a Monocoupe that would look good on floats with a 95" w/s. This is the Icon model. What do you think Rob????
I had the old T craft that I put on Seacommander floats. Its flew ok I would say, not like a cub thought. I actually had it lock out at Joe Nall last year and piled into the lake. I can send some pics of it if you like.

Matt
komrom is offline Find More Posts by komrom
Old 06-04-2012, 11:29 AM
SMOKING!
Okeechobee, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
1,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by komrom View Post
I had the old T craft that I put on Seacommander floats. Its flew ok I would say, not like a cub thought. I actually had it lock out at Joe Nall last year and piled into the lake. I can send some pics of it if you like.

Matt
Hey Matt; Yea, please send some picture if you don't mind. Email: joe@angelsonwheels.com
Thanks,

Joe
Old 06-04-2012, 04:20 PM
F-ing off
Joined Aug 2010
34 Posts
if you want a idea how a T-craft flies on floats..... go get a e-flight 450 t-craft and put some small foam floats on it.......... its a rocket when loaded down a little bit........ not exactly a joy to fly off water but very doable. and a sub fin is a absolute nessesity for some what stable flight..... it has a short tail and wobles and spins when you try to slow it down.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicesqueezer View Post
Joe,
Theses planes will work but as Matt has said they are not as good as the cub. A very safe first float plane is the H9 1/4 scale J-3 cub on the H9 1/4 scale floats. The package works and works well with either electric or gas power. I have one that has electric power and it is a great flyer. I have just finished up the 60" and the 66" float to go with the 77" 40% float for the super cub. I have not cut a set of 48" floats because my cost is not competitive with the chinese built H9 float.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Joe,
Theses planes will work but as Matt has said they are not as good as the cub. A very safe first float plane is the H9 1/4 scale J-3 cub on the H9 1/4 scale floats. The package works and works well with either electric or gas power. I have one that has electric power and it is a great flyer. I have just finished up the 60" and the 66" float to go with the 77" 40% float for the super cub. I have not cut a set of 48" floats because my cost is not competitive with the chinese built H9 float.
Joe, floridaboy has posted his experiences with the small T-Craft and I would expect the larger one to not be a lot better---as Matt says the cub is the way to go.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
F-ing off
Joined Aug 2010
34 Posts
it flys like a high performance Tripacer on old Edo's with 2 fat pilots and a case of Coors light on a hot day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we know how good that works out.... LOL
Old 06-04-2012, 07:30 PM
SMOKING!
Okeechobee, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
1,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaboy View Post
it flys like a high performance Tripacer on old Edo's with 2 fat pilots and a case of Coors light on a hot day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we know how good that works out.... LOL
WOW! What a picture that would be. lol
Another question, I just found an old Monocoupe. 95" wingspan and it was an ICON kit. This is a 90A. 54" from the front cowl to the rudder hinge line. What about this with floats? Pretty plane and you don't see many of these. Sorry for all the questions, but was not really enthused about the cub. Was looking for something different, but not a bugger to fly, if you know what I mean. However, I do appreciate the advice.

Quick Reply