logo
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by rpdesigns
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38 View Post
IMHO...

Video and sound should have been up a long time ago.
The longer its delayed...the more people start to wonder if there is A. and issue with the props in the real world, or B. some creative editing going on

I personally went from highly interested...tired of waiting...to downright skeptical now.
i will have video up this weekend, i worked on it last night, just curious do you think
A. there are issues with the props and we are hiding it or
B. we both work fulltime jobs (i actually work numerous weekends also) have no employees and are launching two businesses and manufacturing of carbon fiber is a very slow process.

not sure how many businesses you have launched but it is more time consuming than you think....
rpdesigns is offline Find More Posts by rpdesigns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Yep... been there. There are so many things behind the scenes that need to be managed, and only you to do it. Good luck, looking forward to some good flight reports very soon.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdesigns View Post
i will have video up this weekend, i worked on it last night, just curious do you think
A. there are issues with the props and we are hiding it or
B. we both work fulltime jobs (i actually work numerous weekends also) have no employees and are launching two businesses and manufacturing of carbon fiber is a very slow process.

not sure how many businesses you have launched but it is more time consuming than you think....
No, I don't think there are issues, known or otherwise, as of yet.
That remains to be proven by many different engines, airframes, flying styles, etc.

Completely understand the full time job thing and not having much time. I'm going on three months now since I've recieved my 42% Raven and its still not completed.

Simple fact is, we want to see video.
You can post a teaser
it doesn't have to be studio quality

Every new movie releases several teaser trailers prior to the main set...so come on...quit being a cock tease and post a snipit of a plane running on the ground with full THX, DOLBY, THX, DTS, SDS sound!

Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 04-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
don't worry will have a 1:45 minute "highlight video" and also the full 5 min flight before monday... then hopefully next weekend we are planning on filming it with video that is "closer" to the ground and on a (hopefully) not so windy day and will have that posted in 2-3 weeks..
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty55125 View Post
Glad to hear it.
I hope that my post didn't come off negative, because that was not my intent. I was just trying to help! You will likely have a lot of companies trying to copy you with the performance you stated.
Anyway, are you going to Toledo? I would be cool to see this prop in person.

Scott
We won't be there but OMP will have our props on one of their display aircrafts..
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
VIDEO IS UP....... SEE LINK BELOW

http://revolutionaryprops.com/?p=100
Old 04-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by parpar1
Fast can be bad
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Nov 2009
3,576 Posts
Still a couple hours left to say April fools!!!!

Sorry i could not help myself

Cant wait to see the second video showing some hover and pull out
parpar1 is offline Find More Posts by parpar1
Last edited by parpar1; 04-02-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by helifryer
i-dunked Nall 2012!
Clemmons, NC
Joined Jan 2010
112 Posts
...not trying to be a skeptic here, cuz i still wanna get my hands on one of these babies (as soon as you make one for a 30cc! )
but it wouldve been a very good idea to show the prop on the plane before or at least after the flight without the engine running...your video just looks like a normal prop. maybe make the next one showing someone starting the plane, and then show the engine cutting off after the flight. u know what i mean?

best of luck with your business- still the coolest thing ive seen for a long time!
Helifryer
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer
Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by TrojanMan
UAV's rule
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifryer View Post
...not trying to be a skeptic here, cuz i still wanna get my hands on one of these babies (as soon as you make one for a 30cc! )
but it wouldve been a very good idea to show the prop on the plane before or at least after the flight without the engine running...your video just looks like a normal prop. maybe make the next one showing someone starting the plane, and then show the engine cutting off after the flight. u know what i mean?

best of luck with your business- still the coolest thing ive seen for a long time!
Helifryer

Really?

Now you are questioning my integrity?

The prop exists, sorry we were limited on time as the weather here has been really crappy so far this year.

Geesh.......
TrojanMan is offline Find More Posts by TrojanMan
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:

Helifryer
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 04-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by RREEL
PILOT X
Here
Joined Jan 2006
111 Posts
Man, If I were the manufacturer of this prop I would be using this thread to make a list of all the D-bags that I would never sell a prop too.
RREEL is offline Find More Posts by RREEL
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by GULF DRIVER
"EMS" Earn Money Sleeping...
United States, OK, Longdale
Joined Dec 2009
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RREEL View Post
Man, If I were the manufacturer of this prop I would be using this thread to make a list of all the D-bags that I would never sell a prop too.
+1
GULF DRIVER is offline Find More Posts by GULF DRIVER
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by crazychris
Joined Dec 2010
598 Posts
Any videos of this prop in action, Doing any 3D etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crazychris is offline Find More Posts by crazychris
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by RICH M
Team Epoxy
United States, IL, Granite City
Joined Sep 2006
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan View Post
Photos taken day of testing.
Jim, Does the prop best suit Pattern flying or all around 3D also?
RICH M is offline Find More Posts by RICH M
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by georgewaldrop
United States, OK, Mustang
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
but it wouldve been a very good idea to show the prop on the plane before or at least after the flight without the engine running...
Helifryer
If you clicked on the link to watch the video, and then browsed the site [at all] where you found that video, you would have seen a static picture of the aircraft flown with the prop on it...look again. There was also an article here on FG (can't find it now, but I don't often search for previous features) where Jim reviewed the prop and I believe it also had a picture (static) of the aircraft with the prop on it. In any case, POST #1 in this thread has a static picture of the plane Jim flew with the prop on it....POST #2 has 3 more static pics of the same plane with the prop installed.

I saw the prop in "person" recently at a local RC swap meet and the pics do not do it justice...this thing is wicked looking! Good luck to the developer[s] in marketing this great innovation in prop technology.
georgewaldrop is offline Find More Posts by georgewaldrop
Last edited by georgewaldrop; 04-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply