109 Posts

I'm going!!
welton1720 is offline Find More Posts by welton1720
Old 02-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Duvall, Washington
Joined Oct 2007
498 Posts

Hey guys,
Do any of you insure your airplanes? I've heard some people have tried to insure them via their home owners insurance, are there other options available through your insurance companies that you are utilizing?

If you have been able to insure them, what are the limitations? For example: Is the plane only insured when inside the home but not when flying etc.?
RoughLandin is offline Find More Posts by RoughLandin
Old 02-24-2015, 04:02 PM
United States, WA, Richland
Joined Mar 2012
54 Posts

After hearing of a few trailer thefts & SupaTim's 126" Slick being parted out I talked to my insurance agent. Basically AMA offers secondary coverage for theft. Good but not great. I had to buy trailer content insurance and list my larger more expensive aircraft for theft coverage. I need to verify but I believe I'm covered even if aircraft are on the ground next to my trailer. My renters policy covers the aircraft when they're in the house.

Doug B.
dougbo is offline Find More Posts by dougbo
Last edited by dougbo; 02-24-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-24-2015, 04:05 PM
United States, WA, Richland
Joined Mar 2012
54 Posts

Best thing to do is talk to your agent. I have two different insurance companies - one for my vehicles & one for my farm & trailer. It's good to know what is covered & when and what they consider expensive and needs to be listed (prevent fraud).

Doug B.
dougbo is offline Find More Posts by dougbo
Old 02-24-2015, 05:28 PM
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughLandin View Post
Hey guys,
Do any of you insure your airplanes? I've heard some people have tried to insure them via their home owners insurance, are there other options available through your insurance companies that you are utilizing?

If you have been able to insure them, what are the limitations? For example: Is the plane only insured when inside the home but not when flying etc.?
My home owners will cover them whether located at the house or in the trailer, also if the trailer were to be broken into or stolen. Nothing to cover shenanigans at the airfield though (flying related).
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
Old 02-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
514 Posts

OK the Western Judging school is back up on the IMAC web site. If you all could please preregister so that Chris and Brian know who to expect it would be greatly appreciated.
helivflyer is offline Find More Posts by helivflyer
Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM
80's ROCK RULES
United States, OR
Joined Aug 2007
724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by helivflyer View Post
OK the Western Judging school is back up on the IMAC web site. If you all could please preregister so that Chris and Brian know who to expect it would be greatly appreciated.
OK, I signed up. Can we purchase redbooks at the event?
djmille is offline Find More Posts by djmille
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
514 Posts

Darrin, Thank you very much for signing up for the Judging School. Brian will have the 8.5"x5.5" inserts for the red book but he will not have the red binder that it goes into. If you need a red binder let me know and I will get one out to you. I will have both available at the Richland school. The cost is $5 for the inserts and $5 for the empty red binder or $10 for both.
Michael
helivflyer is offline Find More Posts by helivflyer