logo
Old 01-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Find More Posts by Disciple
San Angelo Texas
Joined Mar 2006
293 Posts
How do I zero out the Tail rotor on a T-rex 450 se v2?

i've been trying for 2hrs and i can't get the tail to manually zero out on My T-rex 450 se v1, when i do get it zeroed there is more pitch on one side than the other when i give full left and right.......grrrrr. Any suggestions? can someone show me thier servo and linking set-up or something?
Disciple is offline Find More Posts by Disciple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Find More Posts by 66stang
Fly it like you hate it!
Collinsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
4,925 Posts
Re: How do I zero out the Tail rotor on a T-rex 450 se v2?

Yeah I'd like to know what settings guys are using in a JR 9303 2.4 with a 7channel receiver. I know I can't use Gyro sense in the radio because of the rx I'm using.
66stang is offline Find More Posts by 66stang
Old 01-04-2009, 04:01 AM
San Angelo Texas
Joined Mar 2006
293 Posts

i'm runnin a JR ds 285 tail servo, is is bets that i throw the control arm at a 90 degree?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Find More Posts by katana
um...
Bega N.S.W Australia
Joined Jan 2006
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
i've been trying for 2hrs and i can't get the tail to manually zero out on My T-rex 450 se v1, when i do get it zeroed there is more pitch on one side than the other when i give full left and right.......grrrrr. Any suggestions? can someone show me thier servo and linking set-up or something?

Have you tried to disconnect the rudder servo or take the Gyro out of heading hold and then adjust the rudder to zero while the servo is centered. In heading hold if you move the heli while adjusting the linkages the Gyro will try to correct the movement and make the adjustments difficult.

What Gyro are you running?
katana is offline Find More Posts by katana
Old 01-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by DStJohn
My Baby with a Synergy? Oh NO!
Ft. Collins, Co
Joined Jan 2006
633 Posts

When properly set up, the t/r will have some pitch (typically about 8 degrees) in the same direction as rotor rotation. This will keep the tail in position when the heli is in a hover. The blades will not be at zero pitch. Actually I have one heli that the tail rotor only go to zero pitch with full right stick, the torque turns the heli to the right (it is a left hand rotation main rotor).
To set up the tail rotor, switch the gyro to rate mode (turn heading hold off) and hover the heli. Adjust the trim on the tail rotor so that the tail does not drift left or right. Look at how much pitch is in the tail blades, then rezero the trim. Mechanically adjust the pushrod length or move the servo on the tailboom to get the same amount of pitch on the tail blades. Repeat the process to check your setting and adjust as needed. The tail is now mechanically set up. Now switch on heading hold and hover the heli. If the tail drifts, adjust the t/r trim to stop it. Land the heli and adjust the subtrim to the same amount of trim as in the t/r, then zero out the t/r trim.
This procedure has worked for me with every gyro I have tried it on. It can be time consuming, but it works.
DStJohn is offline Find More Posts by DStJohn
Old 01-09-2009, 08:40 PM
San Angelo Texas
Joined Mar 2006
293 Posts

I'm using the gy 240, but i think i got it figured out, but my tail is now turning with the main blades, so do i just reverse the gyro?

And another question would you trust flying a T-rex 450 with a dx6......lol. I'm kinda debating it, but for now i just wanna get the hang of hovering it. I know the jr 9303 is nice, but lol just buying the helicopter itself can break an 18 year old that's in school.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by DStJohn
My Baby with a Synergy? Oh NO!
Ft. Collins, Co
Joined Jan 2006
633 Posts

You can fly a TRex on a DX6, but the 3 point pitch curve leaves lots to be desired. I used my DX6 with TRex for a while, but wanted more adjustability.
DStJohn is offline Find More Posts by DStJohn

Quick Reply