logo
Old 04-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Find More Posts by AHicks
Joined May 2009
1,914 Posts
I can tell you that if it was the needles that was responsible for the reduced flight time, rookie or not, pretty sure you would have noticed the engine running pretty bad, if at all. The fact it developed enough power to give you the confidence to even try a take off alone says quite a bit.

Nothing is impossible, but my focus when looking for this problem, would be elsewhere first.
AHicks is offline Find More Posts by AHicks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-04-2016, 10:52 AM
StZ
Find More Posts by StZ
StZ
Greece
Joined Nov 2010
153 Posts
Can you hint were I should look ?
StZ is offline Find More Posts by StZ
Old 04-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by AHicks
Joined May 2009
1,914 Posts
The vent line location is the only thing that comes to mind. Or maybe a bad leak in the fill line if you are using a 3 line tank plumbing system. If that checks out, I'd give it another try, checking/double checking everything every step of the way, to see if you can reproduce what you believed happened last time out.

Eg: when you fill the tank, confirm it IS actually full. If you feel it's necessary to tune further, refill the tank when you're done tuning, prior to flying. If you don't want to risk another dead stick landing, or you want to minimize the chances of one, maybe just fly for 3-4 minutes, then land and check your fuel level to see how you are doing. Best of luck!
AHicks is offline Find More Posts by AHicks
Old 04-04-2016, 12:31 PM
StZ
Find More Posts by StZ
StZ
Greece
Joined Nov 2010
153 Posts
I did check the tank whilst filling it and everything is OK. The tank filled all the way up and there were no leaks anywhere. I did not however had the engine running. Just filled the tank up. Due to the way the plane is standing there was only a small gap in the top corner of the tank without fuel. The problem is elsewhere.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:32 PM
StZ
Find More Posts by StZ
StZ
Greece
Joined Nov 2010
153 Posts
Whatever changes will be done to the system I will definitely fly short times and check the fuel level after each flight.

Quick Reply