Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by topflight36
Addicted
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Sep 2006
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
Also... for the record. There were no press releases of interest today, no huge events this weekend, and no other earth shattering news I could find.. so.. um...... you got a better LE story?
We could always start another bash sleepy thread for the LE. Maybe we can get another individual that wants to drop ship planes to start one for us.

No but on a serious not that is cool that they are using the stuff for scientific research. I wonder if they fall under the same regulations that Universities fall under when it comes to where and how they can fly these things.

I mean they are typically out in the middle of no where so its not like they are flying them in the middle of NY like some of the other individuals we have seen.
topflight36 is offline Find More Posts by topflight36
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
LAME
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Man you guys are haters!
What happened to everyone? Cheerios get soggy this am?
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
Here ya go Sleepy try this:
A Swarm of Nano Quadrotors (1 min 43 sec)
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Long Island, NY
Joined Feb 2006
1,448 Posts
[QUOTE=topflight36;1686144]We could always start another bash sleepy thread for the LE. Maybe we can get another individual that wants to drop ship planes to start one for us.

No but on a serious not that is cool that they are using the stuff for scientific research. I wonder if they fall under the same regulations that Universities fall under when it comes to where and how they can fly these things.

I mean they are typically out in the middle of no where so its not like they are flying them in the middle of NY like some of the other individuals we have seen.[/QUOTE]

You mean NY, NY (City) not middle of NY right. Because they are two different animals.
jimbomilligan is offline Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by jaggededge
Has a lot to learn.
Joined Feb 2010
933 Posts
Never thought Storm Chasers would get some people so wound up.
jaggededge is offline Find More Posts by jaggededge
Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Extra Extras, I'm all about it
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts
Quote:
For the record.. the tagline for Flyinggiants.com has always been, "It doesn't matter what you fly, It's how you fly it".

So if these dudes take the quad copters up into a tornado rock a blender... I'm all in.

Also... for the record. There were no press releases of interest today, no huge events this weekend, and no other earth shattering news I could find.. so.. um...... you got a better LE story?
No Sleepy i got nothing

Quote:
See I love Shenanigans! That is what life is for! I wanna hang with these dudes!
Roll around in the Dominator, shoot some rocket probes up into something and get silly Storm Chaser stylie!
I think the dominator is used by the even more wound up guy who fims imax, not Reed. And no i dont want to get close to the storms, id rather fly airplanes on sunny days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topflight36 View Post
We could always start another bash sleepy thread for the LE. Maybe we can get another individual that wants to drop ship planes to start one for us.

I mean they are typically out in the middle of no where so its not like they are flying them in the middle of NY like some of the other individuals we have seen.
No not wanting to start yet another Sleppy bashing thread. And that wasnt the intention here either. Just dont like guys who come to your house, beg you to work for them , then drop you off in the middle of NOHOwhere when thier panties get in a bunch and then bash you hardcore on TV during prime viewing hours for the rest of the show. P.A.N.T.I .E.S. Panties is a funny word. Panties are similar to spandex in that they are ussually worn tightly appearing too tight and Yah, Ok. Moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmceachern View Post
LAME
YEP.

Quote:
Man you guys are haters!
What happened to everyone? Cheerios get soggy this am?
SOmthing like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmceachern View Post
Now when these guys start doing figure 8's in the video and syncronized flying, i yelled somthing outloud like OMG or somthing. Those little dudes all keeping proximity with each other. Amazing and scary to think about in future scenarios. This is friggin cool though. Can you imagine a swarm of these coming down over you. OMG. I can imagine a swarm of these tricking reed into thinking its somthing else then scaring the literal crap out of him when he realises his quadcopter is outnumbered.
Extra nuts is offline Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Old 03-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggededge View Post
Never thought Storm Chasers would get some people so wound up.
For the record a-holes have been winding people up since the beginning of time. Im not wound yet either. This is just thurday. Im just getting ready to go fly.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by jaggededge
Has a lot to learn.
Joined Feb 2010
933 Posts
For some one who isn't wound up and doesn't care about Storm Chasers you're certainly posting a lot in this thread.
jaggededge is offline Find More Posts by jaggededge
Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggededge View Post
For some one who isn't wound up and doesn't care about Storm Chasers you're certainly posting a lot in this thread.
I get wound up same as anyone else, im just killin time while finishing work so i can get the hell out of here and go fly.
Who said i dont care about storm chasers?? You?? I never said that. Why do you care?? Are you wound up over this?? Are you Reed's buddy??
Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts
ANd there's the whistle. Iv'e got to get flying before the afternoon monsoon's hit. Our monsoon season just started a couple of weeks ago. Monsoon season gets me wound up yes, yes it does. UUGH. Lets blow this pop stand. Later taters.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Addicted
Joined Sep 2006
3,051 Posts
Extra I was just kidding with Sleepy lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Addicted
Joined Sep 2006
3,051 Posts
[quote=jimbomilligan;1686180]
Quote:
Originally Posted by topflight36 View Post

I mean they are typically out in the middle of no where so its not like they are flying them in the middle of NY like some of the other individuals we have seen.[/QUOTE]

You mean NY, NY (City) not middle of NY right. Because they are two different animals.
Yes I mean NY, NY
Old 03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by all big scale
Account Closed
United States, LA, Haughton
Joined Jan 2012
1,316 Posts
i just wounder if i can take my 42% strap some camara's and go do some 3D in a twister.... sounds like fun to me
all big scale is offline Find More Posts by all big scale
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by HuckinChikn
just wanna FLY!
St. Louis
Joined Jul 2006
2,582 Posts
geez, why all the hating?? listen, everybody seems to forget that "reality" shows on TV these days
are more scripted than half of the normal tv shows out there...Im sure Reed and Joel really do
argue, and We know that Reed is quite the D-bag on TV..HOWEVER....even with all of the crazy
tornadoes, wicked awesome instruments and gadgets, and bad-ass armored vehicles,
the network still feels the need to keep things interesting by throwing in the drama of two friends
arguing and reed kicking joel out of the dominator. now dont get me wrong, im sure the argument
was real to some extent, but seriously, think about this...Joel was not alone on the side of the road,
SOMEONE had to be filming him standing there, right? not to mention the fact that the dominator
ALWAYS has several other vehicles with them when they chase, so joel was not left alone.
another example of scripted "reality shows" on discovery channel
(same network that produces storm chasers) is Sons of Guns... again, dont get me wrong, i watch
the show every week because i Love guns about as much as i love airplanes...
but that show is one of the most scripted, acted shows on tv. Will and Stephanie Hayden arent even
the owners of the shop, they are only employees there, yet they play it off like Will is the king
of Red jacket. yesterday's episode they were asked to design and build a integrally suppressed
.50 caliber rifle, in 6 DAYS! ok maybe they could design and build something like that in 6 days,
but there is NO WAY that the A.T.F., the FBI or the government would ever allow that firearm to leave the shop with only 6 days from R and D, to design, to prototype, to test fire.
ok im sorry, i am getting WAAAY off topic here...
the point of all of my babble is that even reality shows that are supposed to be "in the moment",
are (sadly) very much scripted and planned out. yet i still watch both storm chasers and
sons of guns every time they come on my TV because they entertain me, and i like to be entertained

As far as StormChasers using Quadcopters and other RC vehicles to launch probes and collect
scientific weather data, i think it is AWESOME! Ive always wanted to be a storm chaser, ive always
been intrigued by extreme weather and tornadoes, so if i was ever able to actually do that i would
always be looking for new innovative ways to advance the science of weather, and i think that
is what they are doing. of course, making money from being on TV is pretty cool too, i sure would do it if i had the chance!
HuckinChikn is offline Find More Posts by HuckinChikn

Quick Reply