logo
Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by dontmesswithgus
Ultimate Kid
Montclair, Ca
Joined May 2007
345 Posts
Hitec, Great Service

This last year in IMAC events I had two hitec 5955tg burn up in flight, also had one burn up and locked in left hand turn on the ailerons. Most of you know what happened to me at the Las Vegas Huckfest when we lost our TOC 46% Ultimate, so Im not going to go there. Ha HA. At the end of the IMAC season I pulled all 15 servos and sent them into hitec to have them checked out. Got the servos back today, they found 2 more servos that had bad motors and three servos that had bad amplifiers. They replace all my servos with no charge. Told me the factory had problems so there was no charge to me. How can you beat a company like that. Shows me that they want to keep me as a happy customer and they will. Just wanted to let everyone know how Hitec stands up and behind ther product. Thanks HITEC you will always have me as a customer.
dontmesswithgus is offline Find More Posts by dontmesswithgus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by mikel7099
Pa
Joined Sep 2006
1,569 Posts
Re: Hitec, Great Service

Glad to hear Hitec is first class the best service
mikel7099 is offline Find More Posts by mikel7099
Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Find More Posts by jonkoppisch
United States, AL, Semmes
Joined Jan 2006
810 Posts

Wow!! Were all of them defective from the factory or??
jonkoppisch is offline Find More Posts by jonkoppisch
Old 12-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Kid
Montclair, Ca
Joined May 2007
345 Posts

A total of 5 out of 15 from the factory.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Joined Jan 2006
810 Posts

Whew!! I'm glad they fixed them. Good thing you didn't loose a plane or anything?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Kid
Montclair, Ca
Joined May 2007
345 Posts

My thing is I like a company who stands behind there product with no questions asked. I will be buying more servos from them.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Kid
Montclair, Ca
Joined May 2007
345 Posts

Im just waiting for sweetpeas .02 worth. LOL LOL
Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Joined Jan 2006
810 Posts

Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by XJet
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
886 Posts

Well I hate to swim against the tide but I think this stinks!

Hitec seems to make a habit of not recalling or even advising its customers when it has a known faulty product in the supply channel or out there in the marketplace.

I know this was the case with some of the Fusion 9, Electron 6, and early QPCM receivers, resulting in more than just a few crashes.

Likewise the initial faults in the Optic 6 were dismissed for quite some time until they became so widely reported that a firmware fix and advisory was issued. And then there was a widespread issue with the fit of a batch of Optic 6/Spectra modules that again caused many crashes. Hitec initially dismissed these as a problem and later simply told those affected (some with smoking piles of wreckage as a result) to simply wrap tape around the module to improve its fit. That didn't work either. It was many, many months before the company finally offered a replacement back molding on the Optic to cure the problem -- and even then they didn't even bother to ensure that dealers with unsold stock on their shelves were provided with replacement backs -- meaning there were/are still unsuspecting modellers buying this faulty gear and crashing models as a result.

Just as well nobody was killed or badly injured as a result of Hitec's failure to address this known fault in an adequate manner -- or even advise all owners and model shops of the issue.

That's totally unprofessional and unacceptable if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, Hitec's servos are good and their transmitters are adequate for most sport flying (I've got an E7, an O6 and an L4 but fly my gasers with JR gear) Over half of all my servos are Hitec (everything from HS425BB through HS5955TGs) and I couldn't be happier -- but their attitude seems to try and cover up any widespread fault until the fallout becomes too great to ignore.

I'd much prefer that a manufacturer contacted me and/or posted publicly that there was a problem with a particular batch of product -- so that I might be able to avoid losing thousands of dollars of airframe and engine for the sake of a $80 servo that was from a known batch of bad ones.

And for the record -- yes, I do have one of the dud QPCM receivers and an Optic 6 which is (according to Hitec) one of the incredibly small number with a firmware fault and weak handle (even though there are now an overwhelming number of people who have had exactly the same problems).

Sorry guys but just replacing a *known* faulty product *after* it's written off your 42% model doesn't seem like a very good deal to me.

But of course, others may feel differently -- although I suspect that if *you* have some 5955s from that same bad batch as Gus, your opinion may change very suddenly at some time in the future :-(
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old 12-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by thewrap
I had it, but then I lost it.
Highland Village Texas
Joined Feb 2006
1,884 Posts

Wow that's cool that they'd just replace all you servos just like that. Glad to hear they fixed your problem before it became a problem for you plane.
thewrap is offline Find More Posts by thewrap
Old 12-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Find More Posts by pitviper51
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.
Kentucky
Joined Apr 2006
9,354 Posts

i had the same situation , my eclipse radio had a trim button go dead, so i sent it in and had it back in a week, no charge,, down side was i had to reprogram.. but that goes for any radio fixes.. hitec's service is great but ill soon need to upgrade radios since the eclipes doesnt have dual elevator mix
mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old 12-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Find More Posts by Vic3D
Suspended Account
Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Joined Jan 2006
5,011 Posts

Hitec rules man. Best servos, hands-down.
Vic3D is offline Find More Posts by Vic3D
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 12-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Zee
Find More Posts by Zee
Zee
Joined Jan 2007
440 Posts

My son was shot down during a contest by another pilot turning radio on in pit area while my son was in midle of the sequance, his plane went straight in at full throtle from about 300 ft.
5 hitec servos were busted, I put it in package explain what happen and ask to have them fixed if posible. 10 days later I got package in mail with 5 new servos at no charge, not even for shipping.
None of it was hitec's fault.
Zee
Zee is offline Find More Posts by Zee
Old 12-13-2007, 05:03 AM
Find More Posts by Stinger1
New Lisbon, New York USA
Joined Feb 2006
343 Posts

I use Hitec servos in the majopity of my planes and recomend them to anyone who asks. Out of the forty or fifty I own I've had two that had issues fresh out of the package and they were replaced immediatly at no charge and no question asked . I'm going to keep using and recomending them
Stinger1 is offline Find More Posts by Stinger1

Quick Reply