Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by antique
older than dirt,
United States, AZ, Williams
Joined Aug 2007
2,078 Posts
No offense but______Stock recommend means exactly nothing, just set to get the engine running...Do a search on setting carb needles...Been saying this for at least 15 years, maybe day it might sink in...
You are the only one that can properly set your carb...different prop sizes, altitude, fuel mixture all have an effect...
antique is offline Find More Posts by antique
Old 11-22-2011, 02:53 AM
Find More Posts by BigK
Joined Feb 2011
165 Posts
When running a richer mix you will get some black oil.. Run in slowly.. It will pay off in the long run..
But do tune yourself once it's running..
BigK is offline Find More Posts by BigK
Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Find More Posts by eclipso
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2010
183 Posts
I use zenoah or evolution oil ( the blue stuf ) and have very little oil residue. As BigK said if you are running it at rich oil like 25:1 it will spit out a lot of oil. You do also have to tune your engine as Antique said. You want it to run just a hair richer than its max lean setting. You will find that the zenoah oil will not build up carbon deposit like lawnboy and many other mineral and other synthetic oils. I believe that on the bottle it says to run at 32:1 or 40:1, you should probably run it at 32:1 if you use this synthetic oil for breakin. It will probably take a long time to break this engine in. I have never had a G-23 or 26 but I know that a G-62 just gets better with age and that is pretty much the consensus across the board. You should invest in a suitable tach it is kind of a neccesity for gassers.
eclipso is offline Find More Posts by eclipso
Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Find More Posts by sgtshultz
United States, GA, Hiram
Joined Dec 2006
22 Posts
I have tuned the needles ________. No change. Running at 40:1 currently. Did notice the spark plug was black with some build up. Not the brown that is ideal for 2s Can zenoah oil go bad? I ran a little Stihl premium in it at 50:1. Still spitting black, but spark plug color much better.
sgtshultz is offline Find More Posts by sgtshultz
Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by cessnajfb
Gig'em Aggies '84
Springtown, Texas
Joined Oct 2009
6 Posts
I run 3oz Amsoil to 1 gallon premium (43:1) in both my DLE 55 and my Zenoah G26ei. Both engines have more than 4 gallons through them. I broke in both of them with 2 gallons of 30:1 dino oil. My DLE 55 burns the 43:1 Amsoil great with only a small amount of oil spatter however the G26 spatters a lot of oil. I would like to see less oil coming out ot the G26 and am would like recommendations on what mixure to change to. Thanks.
cessnajfb is offline Find More Posts by cessnajfb
Old 11-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Find More Posts by eclipso
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2010
183 Posts
I don't know if zenoah oil can go bad but I had a bottle once that turned completely clear but it was blue. Black is not an indicator of oil burned oil is white so black soot can build up from the gas. I run my engines just rich of max lean and the plug is always a little black. I never had experience with a g23 or 26 but I would think that if you were looking for a perfect rust colored plug it would be too lean.
eclipso is offline Find More Posts by eclipso
Old 11-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by fabmaster911
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Apr 2008
460 Posts
Tune it and run it. After 4 or 5 gallons of fuel it'll clean up. That is assuming that the engine is brand new and not run in yet. It will just get better with time.
fabmaster911 is offline Find More Posts by fabmaster911

Quick Reply