logo
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by YAKMAN76
So you fly toy planes??
United States, MS, Carson
Joined Dec 2010
1,183 Posts
off topic, but what have you gotten patented???? I am just nosy I guess. My neighbor patented a water sprinkler for a trampoline and the sold the patent and made a small fortune.
YAKMAN76 is offline Find More Posts by YAKMAN76
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
1,508 Posts
rpdesigns, Something to think about. You guys appear to have a unique product which is obviously the result of a lot of hard work and a meaningful financial investment. I can see that you want to get your product off the ground with a positive introduction and at the same time protect yourself from copiers. When you look at other threads, started by companies like yourself you will see that you can not win arguments with some of your negative detractors. That's because their not interested in what's right or wrong. Their only interested in their own negativity. I'm not suggesting that you ignor positive input, but the more you respond to the negative, the more emboldened they become. We need people like you, doing the work that your doing. It's what makes our hobby grow and raises the standard on the products that become available to us. Whether or not your product will be copied is something that will either happen or not happen depending on what you and your partner can do to stop it. Take your product and run with. Get it out on the market and respond to the positive people in our hobby. Best of luck to you. We need more like you.
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
Old 03-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by Boomhauer
YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY TAGGED!
Arkansas
Joined Oct 2006
1,472 Posts
Perfect response Steve. As you can tell it is much easier for negative people to bitch about something than create it and make it work.
Boomhauer is offline Find More Posts by Boomhauer
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by rpdesigns
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybye Steve View Post
rpdesigns, Something to think about. You guys appear to have a unique product which is obviously the result of a lot of hard work and a meaningful financial investment. I can see that you want to get your product off the ground with a positive introduction and at the same time protect yourself from copiers. When you look at other threads, started by companies like yourself you will see that you can not win arguments with some of your negative detractors. That's because their not interested in what's right or wrong. Their only interested in their own negativity. I'm not suggesting that you ignor positive input, but the more you respond to the negative, the more emboldened they become. We need people like you, doing the work that your doing. It's what makes our hobby grow and raises the standard on the products that become available to us. Whether or not your product will be copied is something that will either happen or not happen depending on what you and your partner can do to stop it. Take your product and run with. Get it out on the market and respond to the positive people in our hobby. Best of luck to you. We need more like you.
thanks alot steve.... i have read numerous business books and entrepreneur books and they have whole chapters on dealing with "negative" people

rusty - thanks for the feedback we started this process over a year ago with a very established patent lawyer and the process was started well before it was made public and we researched heavily before going forward and there are some key points on our design (which obviously i am not going to get into here) that allows us to move forward with the process... i understand what you are saying and if there were not some "key points" then we wouldn't be able to patent nor move forward... thanks
rpdesigns is offline Find More Posts by rpdesigns
Old 03-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by rusty55125
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2006
75 Posts
Glad to hear it.
I hope that my post didn't come off negative, because that was not my intent. I was just trying to help! You will likely have a lot of companies trying to copy you with the performance you stated.
Anyway, are you going to Toledo? I would be cool to see this prop in person.

Scott
rusty55125 is offline Find More Posts by rusty55125
Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Find More Posts by Pistolera
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2006
4,242 Posts
I hope it works out for you guys. Nice to see innovation happening! On the patent don't be surprised when you get a denial letter from the US Patent Ofc.....seems to be par for the course. When that happened to us we had our attorney reiterate the claims and several months later, lo and behold...the patent was issued!! Of course, hasn't generated a dime yet but who knows what the future holds?

Earle
Pistolera is offline Find More Posts by Pistolera
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts
STLAV8R is online now Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by yoyobatico
Joined May 2009
73 Posts
Hi and congratulations for that kind of desing for all the guys like me that fly in Mexico city and we fly at 8500 ft above sea level i think that prop it will be our solution for fly better and have some more power to go out of the hover and some maneuvers congratulations again and my question is if you are going to deliver in Mexico too definitely i want that prop good look.

(if you want to try the prop at high altitude you are welcome to fly in Mexico or if you wanted we can try it ., it will be an honor )
yoyobatico is offline Find More Posts by yoyobatico
Old 03-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
I'm curious is to how well these will stand the test of time..... With the tips so far forward, I imagine that there is going to be some flexing, the way the X-29 had some issues... With such a small cross section, the weaves, direction, etc. of the carbon cloth much be precise, and carefully planned. When the matrix starts to weaken, the prop may be prone to failure...
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
3,383 Posts
All props especially carbon props, should be replaced after a decent amount of flying anyway.
Bam Bam is offline Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Old 04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
OK... it's April 1... time to either start shipping or let the cat out fo the bag!!
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
IMHO...

Video and sound should have been up a long time ago.
The longer its delayed...the more people start to wonder if there is A. and issue with the props in the real world, or B. some creative editing going on

I personally went from highly interested...tired of waiting...to downright skeptical now.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Boomhauer
YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY TAGGED!
Arkansas
Joined Oct 2006
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38 View Post
IMHO...

Video and sound should have been up a long time ago.
The longer its delayed...the more people start to wonder if there is A. and issue with the props in the real world, or B. some creative editing going on

I personally went from highly interested...tired of waiting...to downright skeptical now.
Go buy a Master Airscrew then lol
Boomhauer is offline Find More Posts by Boomhauer
Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Go buy a Master Airscrew then lol
I'm not that dumb.

I have some home depot paint stirring sticks I can twist, paint them black, drill and have better performance there.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by GULF DRIVER
"EMS" Earn Money Sleeping...
United States, OK, Longdale
Joined Dec 2009
198 Posts
Should have drove to Oklahoma I bought one there, Have not had a chance to try it out... Trying to get my 150cc yak finished first.
GULF DRIVER is offline Find More Posts by GULF DRIVER

Quick Reply