Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 07-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #1981
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by sherman89
View Post
Sorry, you are correct---CC will not know the motor settings. If you get a HH cs (customer service) person that does not know about your product ask to passed to a person that does know. With all the products that HH handles I doubt there is anyone in cs that can answer all questions.
Yeap. I already tried twice. They have no clue. It's weird how a motor in this class don't have those settings right there in the manual????

Hopefully the email team will know the answer. I did explain in the email that no body at cs department have any idea and to please ask the people who knows before I do burn up the motor and surely will be out of warranty
BlinkguY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #1982
jimmitch
Gettin' Lower!

Sorry to hear your having trouble with you 360. I just put on a xoar 25x12 electric prop on mine ,and it works great.I still haven't linked it up, i just wired it up and it works fine . Do you have anything so we can hear the sound ? Heads up on the ball joints on top of the control arms one of mine broke . Thank God it was on the ground when it happened.I put all the links under the arms ,like on all my other big planes.Now I have a lot more throw without the stress on the ball links.
jimmitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #1983
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

So you put them under. Send me a pic I would love to get more throws... quick question. Please let me know how many amps are you pulling as soon as you link it up. When I did hooked it up the first time without linking it up the motor was pulling back and forward at the end of the wide open throttle. The lips were new so maybe they didn't provide the power I needed.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #1984
jimmitch
Gettin' Lower!

This is how I did it on my 35% extra 260. The surging could be from a bad solder joint.I won't be linking it up because it's hard to get it in the room where the computer is. More throw on the ailerons has helped to stop it from tork rolling, in nose up hover.Try setting the cc back to all default settings . Thats were mine is set.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	HAN35Extra260v2LowResolution.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	661328 41.2 KB · Views: 26

• Click image for larger version

Name:	HAN35Extra260v2LowResolution2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	661329 45.7 KB · Views: 24

Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #1985
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

Will d that. Thanks a lot. Can I ask you why the screw is not at the last hole?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #1986
jimmitch
Gettin' Lower!

Straighter line I think.I get enough throw this way.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #1987
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

Copy that
Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #1988
Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth

Quote: Originally Posted by Gixxerjack
View Post
I have the JTec Pitts that I tapped with an 8/32 pressure fitting. I have the Sullivan Skywriter pump. I'll take a pic of the fortitude smoke tank. It sits below the fuel tanks and when the canopy is on it is hidden...until the SMOKE ON call...Lol

Jack
That is very cool setup you have and excellent job setting it up . Are you running the Sullivan skywriter from the ignition pack or just a small 1000mah pack ?
I just got a slimline muffler for the other DA60 thats going into my 3DHS extra300 SHP that i might install a smoke system set like yours . What was the price of smoke writer pump. ….thanks Russ
Bandegraphix
Thunderbolt R/C

Last edited by Rusty 73; 07-23-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Rusty 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #1989
Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth

Quote: Originally Posted by jimmitch
View Post
This is how I did it on my 35% extra 260. The surging could be from a bad solder joint.I won't be linking it up because it's hard to get it in the room where the computer is. More throw on the ailerons has helped to stop it from tork rolling, in nose up hover.Try setting the cc back to all default settings . Thats were mine is set.
Who manufactures those control arms they look great ..
Bandegraphix
Thunderbolt R/C
Old 07-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #1990
Gixxerjack
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rusty 73
View Post
That is very cool setup you have and excellent job setting it up . Are you running the Sullivan skywriter from the ignition pack or just a small 1000mah pack ?
I just got a slimline muffler for the other DA60 thats going into my 3DHS extra300 SHP that i might install a smoke system set like yours . What was the price of smoke writer pump. ….thanks Russ
I'm running it from one of the dual Rx packs (TBM 2S LIon 2800). The pump draws very little mAh. I bought the pump off of here for cheap ($35). Here a whole setup:

http://www.flyinggiants.com/swapshop...-of-oil&cat=16

Jack
Gixxerjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #1991
jimmitch
Gettin' Lower!

JR http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...vo-arm-JRPA236
Old 07-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #1992
BlinkguY
Doo It! Doo It!

Hey guys I do have 3 question. What's the glue you guys are using to glue landing gear cuff set? Can't find no silicone adhesive at amainhobbies.com since I'm going to place an order tonight with them. Would like to get all I can for the same shipping price.

Secondary is the size of the turnbuckle tool I need to get for the push rods? The manual is not that clear on it. It only says adjustable.

And lastly the ball links spacers?? The little cone shaped pieces. Somehow my friend lost two while we were building it. What do I need to order for those?

Thanks guys
Old 07-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #1993
CaptRKO
Fly it like you stole it!

......as long as we are asking questions:

!. What is the best way to remove the blind nuts in the firewall? I am mounting a DLE-61 and they do not match up so I need to drill some new holes and fill in the old ones. Anyone have a DLE-61 mounting diagram? Already looked in the DLE manual that came with the engine.
CaptRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #1994
Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth

Thanks .
Bandegraphix
Thunderbolt R/C
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #1995
Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth

Quote: Originally Posted by Gixxerjack
View Post
I'm running it from one of the dual Rx packs (TBM 2S LIon 2800). The pump draws very little mAh. I bought the pump off of here for cheap ($35). Here a whole setup:

http://www.flyinggiants.com/swapshop...-of-oil&cat=16

Jack
If you got for $35 for that set thats a great buy for that price i would add the system in my plane , Did you get the smoke oil with the purchase or buy locally .

Rusty
Bandegraphix
Thunderbolt R/C