logo
Old 10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by BR289
Pro Pit Biotch
United States, PA, Whitehall
Joined Jan 2006
4,073 Posts
Re: *Extreme Flight 2 meter Vanquish*

I have to say I am proud to work for him....
BR289 is offline Find More Posts by BR289
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,567 Posts

No good deed goes unpunished Chris. No matter what you try to do for this hobby, someone will always be there to try and crap all over it. There's quite a few of us out here waiting quietly and patiently to see what you come up with for the 2m Vanquish. Keep after it!
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker
Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by hubb
Minimalist
Lebanon, OH
Joined Apr 2006
10,687 Posts

I want one.
hubb is offline Find More Posts by hubb
Old 10-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Find More Posts by Curare
KE your cub
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2008
24 Posts

Thanks for the update Chris! Be sure to have a few ready to ship to australia, as I'll be waiting for one!
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old 10-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Find More Posts by MattyMatt
CARF-Models Rep USA
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Apr 2006
3,710 Posts

It really cracks me up that people are so ready to bash a company to be able to buy their products. Here's the problem... if you don't tell people something is coming then they get pissed because they feel like they don't know what's coming out or "a part of" it. If you give them insight, then they bitch constantly that it is late. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So, how about this.... if you want one faster, chris can hire 10 more people to speed up the process... and his planes will cost $5000 a piece... instead of the $650 mark. No one wants that I'm sure...

Good post chris. Sometimes you have to call them out.

I have a little vanquish that I'm about to put together, finially. I look foward to the 2 meter when it comes.
MattyMatt is offline Find More Posts by MattyMatt
Old 10-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by aglenn
Memphis,TN
Joined Jan 2006
77 Posts

I can tell you guys that this is a amazing flying airplane. I spent about 4 days down in Georgia flying with Cameron Smith who had the glow version, and i put about 50 flights on it and its truly a great flying airplane. I also flew the electric version at the Huntsville contest last year and was able to take 2nd after having never flown the airplane prior to the contest. If Chris ever brings them in the country he will sell thousands. But in saying that if Chris has decided to wait or do whatever thats his choice he is the owner of EF and he will do what he thinks is at the companies best interest. SO if you want to bash him please give it a rest its getting old right about now.
aglenn is offline Find More Posts by aglenn
Old 10-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Find More Posts by Wingnutt
Flyin' Around
Oz
Joined Aug 2007
6 Posts

It is a shame that the EXTREME FLIGHT guys have to read this less than encouraging responses from someone who claims to be a Pattern Pilot! Trust me , EXTREME FLIGHT has ANOTHER Winner!
This Plane Can WIN ANY CLASS, PERIOD!

Chris, Please ignore the Idiots & Get this addition to your line of GREAT Flying Airplanes to Market! You will Bridge a Gap that this segment of the RC hobby will Enjoy!

Respectfully
Cameron Smith
Wingnutt is offline Find More Posts by Wingnutt
Last edited by Wingnutt; 10-07-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Most folks know we are a small family run business. The current economic situation is difficult for all of us, and especially small business owners who operate within a niche market. My wife Melissa works at EF so we rely 100% on our business to support our family as well as our other 2 employees. We have to be very careful with the decisions we make right now and my production schedule is based on what I think is best for our company based on sales trends that we monitor closely.
Chris, thank you for the time and dedication that you put into all your aircraft... I've had a blast getting back into gassers with my 78" Extra this year. Everywhere that I have flown it after the engine broke in, everyone that has seen it has been impressed. I'm looking forward to receiving my 88" Edge here shortly...

Maybe one day I will get a vanquish, but thanks for driving this hobby to a higher quality. I know that when I purchase one of your planes, I won't have any of the issues that other companies can't seem to get right. That's why my money will continue to go to yall.
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 10-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT CEO
Cumming, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
1,375 Posts

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Find More Posts by BingWing
Smooth torquer...
Joined Aug 2008
540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezik View Post
What, again? It's almost starting to be an evergreen.. 'the 2m vanquish will be released soon'..

You realise this is not the first time you said that? I fact, according to you, this plane 'will be released in a few month' for over a year now. Now I don't know your definition about 'a few month'..

What IS the first time, is that you finally admit that you gave other birds a higher priority. So i wasn't wrong at all when I stated that all the other excuses were just that; excuses. Now you finally tell the truth; you think you can earn more by producing other planes.

Well, that's your perogative and I can't say I blame you.

But why not just say that in the first place, and say the Vanquish is a non-priority project which might take ages to release to begin with?

In that case I wouldn't have had a stick to beat you with.

I don't see why people get all worked up over my postings.. I'm not, if you think I'm sitting here, stamping my feet, angry at Extreme Flight, you got it all wrong. And indeed, I won't buy a Vanquish, especially now that I know that it's not a priority thing for EF.. what if I need spare parts, will they also be 'on the market in a few months' for over a year?

All I do is stating the facts. You can like them or dislike them, but they still remain the facts and I don't see why you should get all worked up over it. Invest that energy in FINALLY informing your customers about it and putting a few lines of text on the site about it. If you had done that a year ago, you wouldn't have this conversation now.

It's so hard to admit a misstake, I know.. but set your hatred aside for a few seconds, look at it from my point of view, and imagine if there could be any thruth to what I'm saying or not. How would you react if someone promises you the plane you want at the prince you want, posting movies of it, promising you that it'll be released soon.. and then take over a year and come up with all kind of lame excuses and/or flame attacks?

Stop taking your self so god dam seriously mate ! Its a hobby and its fun...if the " stress " of a new plane by a fantastic company i might add, is getting you a little stressed....there is always the roll mop eating compititions in Utrech ? Now to get back on track.. Thanks for the update Chris AND for being so passionate to gamble on that 1% of RCers that want a F3A plane that does NOT cost the earth ! Great service....great company...great products !

In the Dutchmans defence...., as I dont want to seem like i`m taking sides here...the weather is SO awfull there all the time no wonder he still can`t fly... yes I lived there for 5 years and I`m still cold ! and since you have complained so much about its release...you have pre order one right ? silly question..you must be production number 1 !
BingWing is offline Find More Posts by BingWing
Last edited by BingWing; 10-08-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:31 AM
Find More Posts by JVDO
Europe, Belgium
Joined Jan 2006
736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
.the weather is SO awfull there all the time no wonder he still can`t fly... yes I lived there for 5 years and I`m still cold !
Yes it is ... also in Belgium brrrr :-)
When we landed in Atlanta last spring, it was like paradise weather for us!
JVDO is offline Find More Posts by JVDO
Old 10-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVDO View Post
Gonna make the Nall again in 2011, Jens?
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by BR289
Pro Pit Biotch
United States, PA, Whitehall
Joined Jan 2006
4,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVDO View Post

Jens, I am still waiting on my waffles....
BR289 is offline Find More Posts by BR289
Old 10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by toprudder
Hey y'all, watch THIS!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Feb 2006
1,536 Posts

I applaud the effort of Chris to bring a great flying AND affordable pattern plane to the market. IMHO, part of the problem with pattern is the intimidation a newcomer has when they go to an event and see multi-thousand dollar airplanes on the flight line. It is a lot easier to get new blood in the sport if there is something like the Vanquish available. JMHO.

I know that Chris will not release anything until it is RIGHT. I'll buy one when it hits the market.
toprudder is offline Find More Posts by toprudder
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by bruno
Opwijk Belgium
Joined Jan 2006
348 Posts

Anyone some more Syrup ;-) ?
bruno is offline Find More Posts by bruno

Quick Reply