logo
View Poll Results: are armed
my ccw makes me feel safe 91 40.09%
i hunt almost as much i fly 38 16.74%
i kill paper targets all day long 67 29.52%
cant stand guns 31 13.66%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by flynbye, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Find More Posts by smokin
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts
Re: how many giants are armed??

the overthrowing of the govt today wouldn't mean a war with the military and the citizens necessarily... it could simply mean an ousting of office for politicians that are single handedly destroying the value of our currency and demonizing success.

as some have said in this and other threads.... there will be an uprising. we are probably closer to it than we realize... i just want to go on record an tell those of you that have all of this weaponry that i support your right to have it and i hope we can be friends!!!!!!!!! LOL!
smokin is offline Find More Posts by smokin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, dont we get a chance to vote em OUT at election time.????
What just happened here?
Is what we got NOW worse?
I just got laid off on 1/23 .
Did Washington cause this?
Or was it GREED?
There is only so much money to go around.
If someone is getting "rich", then someone is getting poorer.
CEO's and their vice presidents, getting millions of bonus, golden parachutes, lavish ammenities, corporate jets, FOR WHAT???
i CAN SEE IT IF YOU "OWN" A COMPANY (NOT STOCK), AND PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WELL, GIVE THEM "FAIR" BENEFITS, AND YOU STILL MAKE MILLIONS, I AM OK WITH THAT.....................
BUT YOU TAKE A PERSON THAT BECOMES A CEO, FROM A COMPANY THAT IS HELD BY STOCK
AND IS STRUGGLING TO STAY ALIVE BY ITSELF OR WITH THE HELP OF """"BAILOUT"""" PACKAGES, AND YOU STILL PAY THESE PEOPLE MILLIONS.....WTF
I am laid off (as I said), I am burning wood to keep warm, and doing what I can to live with less , so I have enough left out of my unemployment check to survive, make my house payment, (this internet might be the next to go) I cant afford health insurance, so God help me if I suddenly have a health issue (50 years old) So, am I pissed at the governent.....NO
people keep saying that the banks made "bad" loans.....BULL****
You know how much you make a month (takehome) ...so if you know that you can only afford a payment on a 300000$ house, just because the bank says you "qualify" for 400000$.....why in Gods name would you go spend the 400000$ when you know that you cant afford it..
People blame the government because they SPEND, SPEND, SPEND...but they dont look at themselves.
There are guys that I used to work with that made 70, 80, 90 thou a year and just because the "company" decided not to work on a Saturday...they cried like hell wondering how thay are going to make the payment on their Lexus (no pity from me).
You call an AMERICAN company about a IT problem, or a customer service issue, and you gotta talk to a guy named Hadji from india.....WTF
sorry this post is so long....just needed to vent
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

Its funny you mention people's spending habbits. A couple years ago when the auto sales started slowing down an automotive plant in my town quit offering overtime to employees. There was a huge stink about it and the news interviewed a couple that both of them worked there. They wanted this pity party for themselves because now they were going to have to sell their lake house and their boat because they wouldn't be able to afford them now. WTF OVER!!!! I couldn't believe it.
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 02-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Make no mistake, the current situation was brought about by greed and our politicians failure to look out for our well being. Fannie May and Freddie Mac were a big cause of this and people like Barney Frank, Pelosi, and the rest of the gang that supported them en-powered it. The democrats can blame it on Bush, who I didn't like, until they are blue in the face but they caused this.

Sorry about your lay-off buddy.
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Old 02-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts

Whatever happened to the thread....OUR FUTURE I...II...III ???
We need it now more than ever !!!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts

Al,
are you trying to tell me that Fannie and Freddie "made" people borrow "more" than they can afford..........................I think not
I am a conservative always was, so now you know the way I vote.
I didnt like GW either, but I felt he was the best of 2 evils.
The trouble with the republican party is the drifted too far from their core values,
less government, big business (that employes people), conservative spending.
GW blew it on that one bigtime....he spent money like it blew in from Katrina
Old 02-07-2009, 12:51 AM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

you can find some of those threads in the "everything else" forum..... they just aren't updated on the daily ticker at the bottom right of the homepage so as to be kept covert!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts

I might go shoot my Dan Wesson 44 mag tomorrow
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 02-07-2009, 12:55 AM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

just as long as it's not out of your plane at some wolves!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
I might go shoot my Dan Wesson 44 mag tomorrow
Why? Did it do something wrong?
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 02-07-2009, 01:04 AM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

hey mith... you're not gonna make the cross country trip with bender to the fx3d are ya??? it would be fun.....
Old 02-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts

Who is Dan Wesson? and why do you wanna shoot him??
Old 02-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin4fun View Post
Al,
are you trying to tell me that Fannie and Freddie "made" people borrow "more" than they can afford

There is a little saying that I heard from my dad when the wife and myself went to buy our first house. I asked him if he thought that the bank would have a problem lending us the money (we both work alright jobs, not a lot of debt, one car payment, both of our credit ratings were over 800). His comment was: "Don't worry, the bank will loan you way more money than you could ever pay back." Thinking of all of those who couldn't afford to pay their house payments makes me think of that statement from my dad several years ago. They kinda got themselves into this too. Kinda like how bars can refuse to serve liquor to people if they deem the person too intoxicated. Banks can say, 'Hey you buddy, you are overextended. Pay some crap off then come see us.'

I don't feel sorry for the banks that are going under as its not their fault, but they are partially responsible if that makes sense.
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 02-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Find More Posts by Greyhoundman
GRRRR
Ofallon, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,218 Posts

HMMM just reloaded 400 rounds of 45 and a couple hundred rounds of 357.....think I may go shooting tomorrow.
Greyhoundman is offline Find More Posts by Greyhoundman
Last edited by Greyhoundman; 02-07-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracky View Post
There is a little saying that I heard from my dad when the wife and myself went to buy our first house. I asked him if he thought that the bank would have a problem lending us the money (we both work alright jobs, not a lot of debt, one car payment, both of our credit ratings were over 800). His comment was: "Don't worry, the bank will loan you way more money than you could ever pay back." Thinking of all of those who couldn't afford to pay their house payments makes me think of that statement from my dad several years ago. They kinda got themselves into this too. Kinda like how bars can refuse to serve liquor to people if they deem the person too intoxicated. Banks can say, 'Hey you buddy, you are overextended. Pay some crap off then come see us.'

I don't feel sorry for the banks that are going under as its not their fault, but they are partially responsible if that makes sense.
I am sorry, I know that the banks were offering more money than people could afford, BUT I was getting at least 3 credit card apps a week , I could have went out and ran them all up to the max (I tore up the apps) but then what, payback? when I fully knew that I could not afford the payments........fiscal responsibility falls on the consumer.....I can understand that if someone suddenly becomes disabled, and cannot work, that is a different story. but when people go out and borrow more than they can , even remotely, payback it should be the consumers a$$.
you go buy a car and cant make the payments they are gonna tow it away.
My father told me 30 years ago...dont have a house payment that is more than 1 weeks take home pay.

Quick Reply