logo
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2009
5 Posts
Discussion
Crashed extra 260 35%

I picked up a a crashed AW extra 260 with the landing gear knocked out and damage to the landing gear mounting area. I do not have the original pieces and was wondering if anyone could help me out by posting some close up shots of exactly how the landing gear mount is designed, how it fits into the motor box, formers etc. Any help would be appreciated!
flatspin_king is online now Find More Posts by flatspin_king
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
10,665 Posts

I'm at work right now...but do a search on the AW260 and my name and I'm sure I posted some pictures of repairs I've done on a few of these planes I've owned. It's pretty simple to rebuild the area. The hard part was making the cover for the gear fit
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2009
5 Posts

Thanks. Checked out you repairs - all done really well, I might add. I could design my own gear plate and mounting etc. but I wanted to replicate the AW structure, as closely as possible. From the notches in firewall and whats left of the former I have a basic idea of how it went together. The thing I am not sure about is -does the gear plate extend all the way to the firewall (with lightening holes in it of course)?
flatspin_king is online now Find More Posts by flatspin_king
Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
10,665 Posts

I think so. Not 100% sure what you are asking though. Remember to not over re-enforce the gear plate. one it adds weight and two if the gear don't rip out other things get damage. AW design is pretty good, just not for offroading.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea