logo
Old 07-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by B Rocka
Raleigh, NC
Joined May 2007
431 Posts
Re: Fly'n with the Circus. RDRC's traveling Circus

Hey I just noticed....just to the side of Elie's Head is Robert Vess....and just to his left...is Tweek's @$$ and the notorious swim trunks!! LOL
B Rocka is offline Find More Posts by B Rocka
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by B Rocka
Raleigh, NC
Joined May 2007
431 Posts

OH yeah, one more thing.....I crashed the Big Boy today!!! Yep,....pretty much demolished it in the trees. Oh well, I salvaged the engine and battery pack. Now I have more motivation to finish some new projects.
B Rocka is offline Find More Posts by B Rocka
Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

Cool Robert, yeh it actually worked out great Kent, I really appreciatte the offer for the 106,, but like I said my buddy bought one and it should be hear Monday without mufflers, so I can get it mounted and ready for the 21, then I atleast have a week to practice ,, for Fayettevill, and Kent P. you aren't going to Morehead,,
OH YEH,, , , THANKS for the help Bob Richards,,hahahahahahah,,I can't get a break around here,, HAHAHA, but I like it,
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Old 07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by Downhumpty
Back to the Basics!
Willow Spring, NC. USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,051 Posts

Sorry Guy's, Alex and I will not be able to make the trip to the coast. Maybe next time. I'm sure we will miss out on some great flying and fellowship! I have prior obligations that will keep us from attending.

Be Safe!
See you in Goldsboro!

Kent P
Downhumpty is offline Find More Posts by Downhumpty
Old 07-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Find More Posts by toprudder
Hey y'all, watch THIS!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Feb 2006
1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Rocka View Post
OH yeah, one more thing.....I crashed the Big Boy today!!! Yep,....pretty much demolished it in the trees. Oh well, I salvaged the engine and battery pack. Now I have more motivation to finish some new projects.
You killed the Big Boy?!? Dang! That was Matt's Christmas present 1.5 years ago. I doubt he will talk to you now.

Well, that plane has really been around, you were the 4th owner. Maybe you should buy another Big Boy arf.

Bob R.
toprudder is offline Find More Posts by toprudder
Old 07-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2006
2,887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprudder View Post
You killed the Big Boy?!? Dang! That was Matt's Christmas present 1.5 years ago. I doubt he will talk to you now.

Well, that plane has really been around, you were the 4th owner. Maybe you should buy another Big Boy arf.

Bob R.
Sorry Brandon. Big Boy. no longer being produced or sold. Might find one on the net if ya shop around. Guess that means the only Big Boy left at the feild is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey, all you guys keep Neal and Shannon in your prayers. Wake Med is spose ta fix our buddy this morning. Going to STOP his heart, then re-start with shock paddles. Theyre really bumbed about missing the Sizzler trip this week end, so I see it only fitting we pull out the stops, and put on a helluva huckamania noon time show.
Larry Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Vess Propellers!
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

What happened larry , is Neil haveing bypass surgery or something,,
Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by RobertV
increasing thrust........
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

Quote:
Hey, all you guys keep Neal and Shannon in your prayers. Wake Med is spose ta fix our buddy this morning. Going to STOP his heart, then re-start with shock paddles. Theyre really bumbed about missing the Sizzler trip this week end, so I see it only fitting we pull out the stops, and put on a helluva huckamania noon time show.
Larry tells me that Neil (BubbaFlys2) has had some irregularities in his heartbeat in the past that he was on treatment for but it has started up again. They can't seem to get it beating right in the ususal ways so they are going to "restart it". WOW! Neil, we're all thinking about you and Shannon and will look for you to rejoin us soon!

Also, another Travelling Curcus member thinks he's got an excuse for missing the beach trip. Dave Hedrick went in for cataract surgery yesterday. I think that qualifies for a mulligan, Dave! We wish you the best in your recovery and look forward to your return, too.
RobertV is offline Find More Posts by RobertV
Old 07-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by Coors2u
Hauling Mash.
Raleigh,NC
Joined Jan 2006
385 Posts

Hey just an update on "Snow White". His surgery went great no pain so as far as he would tell me. This morning we went and got his patch taken off. It was amazing, in 24hrs they cut off his lens dropped in a new one and he is good to go. Dad was a little upset that the Eagle Lens he had requested was unavailable. He had to settle for a fish eye lens. Now everything will be in focus when he looks in a fish bowl. No all is well he just has a lot of eye drops to put in. He said he would be ready to go for Goldsboro.
Coors2u is offline Find More Posts by Coors2u
Old 07-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coors2u View Post
Hey just an update on "Snow White". His surgery went great no pain so as far as he would tell me. This morning we went and got his patch taken off. It was amazing, in 24hrs they cut off his lens dropped in a new one and he is good to go. Dad was a little upset that the Eagle Lens he had requested was unavailable. He had to settle for a fish eye lens. Now everything will be in focus when he looks in a fish bowl. No all is well he just has a lot of eye drops to put in. He said he would be ready to go for Goldsboro.
That's great news, Dustin. In-an-out, nobody get's hurt!

Now let's just hear the same type of news from Neil's camp and we'll be good to go...
Old 07-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Rocka View Post
Yo B! Sorry the BRocka-Boy bit it. I guess those "Carolina Jumping Pines" claimed another one. They have been known to jump 20 feet to grab an airplane!

Hey, didn't I hear something about a possible ARF kinda' like it (but better) from the same designer coming from East RC? That would rule.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by toprudder
Hey y'all, watch THIS!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Feb 2006
1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Larry tells me that Neil (BubbaFlys2) has had some irregularities in his heartbeat in the past that he was on treatment for but it has started up again. They can't seem to get it beating right in the ususal ways so they are going to "restart it". WOW! Neil, we're all thinking about you and Shannon and will look for you to rejoin us soon!
That sounds like atrial fibrillation, which my mom has. Stopping/starting the heart is called cardioversion, something they did to my mom 2 or 3 times. (rebooting NOW -- thump)

I expect everything will go ok, I certainly will be keeping Neal in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob R.
toprudder is offline Find More Posts by toprudder
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

Here's a little update on Neil from Larry. Apparently, Shannon must have got their Sullivan starter going or something because his heart is now beating properly without the doctr's "reboot". He's still at Wake Medical Cener for observation and new drugs, but he's doing much better now.

THAT"S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Hurry back..........
Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Vess Propellers!
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

The must have put a FROMECO LITHIUM IN HIM,,hahaha glad to hear Neil is doing good, ,
Old 07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by ifly3d
Team Futaba
zebulon,NC,USA
Joined Jan 2006
2,058 Posts

I am glad they did not have cardiovert him. I have had do it to a few people when i was a medic and it not fun, one guy told me was like getting kicked in the chest by a horse.
ifly3d is offline Find More Posts by ifly3d

Quick Reply