Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
WesSC
Doo It! Doo It!

Default TBM WRC Wike IBEF problems.

I run a TBM WRC Wike IBEF and I have problems with two of them now. Anybody else had a problem out of these?
WesSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
futile flight
stick banger

Quote: Originally Posted by WesSC
View Post
I run a TBM WRC Wike IBEF and I have problems with two of them now. Anybody else had a problem out of these?

no new news here , i would give the tech aero one a try .. it's got a better track record
futile flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
terryscustom
Wood Butcher

Quote: Originally Posted by WesSC
View Post
I had two of them, no problems at all after I tossed them in the garbage and bought tech aero

Not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously one of the Wike ones was DOA and the other one worked at first but after one flight the engine was running bad and the LED was flickering. Killed the engine and turned the switch back on....no LED. Flip the prop and the LED would flicker, then stop. Into the circular file they went (they were free with engine purchase so no $$ invested I was not going to spend time on them). That was 2-3 years ago, so not sure if they changed things up or not. I've had over a dozen Tech Aero on everything from 20cc to 120cc with no issues to date.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Jaybird
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by terryscustom
View Post
I had two of them, no problems at all after I tossed them in the garbage and bought tech aero

Not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously one of the Wike ones was DOA and the other one worked at first but after one flight the engine was running bad and the LED was flickering. Killed the engine and turned the switch back on....no LED. Flip the prop and the LED would flicker, then stop. Into the circular file they went (they were free with engine purchase so no $$ invested I was not going to spend time on them). That was 2-3 years ago, so not sure if they changed things up or not. I've had over a dozen Tech Aero on everything from 20cc to 120cc with no issues to date.

Exact same think my Wike did. Tech Aero in 3 planes since then without a hitch.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
audi murf
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by terryscustom
View Post

This. I've had 2 WIKE's. Thankfully, they were so messed up I couldn't get the plane in the air with them on to fail.

Tech Aero for peace of mind.
audi murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
TBatt
Doo It! Doo It!

Tech-Aero. I've got three of them and they work!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
Glyder
Uber Contributor

Dont know what you guys are doing different but my two have been working fine for over three years.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Chris Johnson
Gettin' Lower!

also had a wike IBEF that was DOA, & another one that failed to shut off engine. Switched to the tech-aero & it's all good.
Chris Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
ExtraBig
Flyin' Around

Hundreds of flights on 3 Wike units and never a hiccup. Go figure.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
Capt. Roll
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by Glyder
View Post
Dont know what you guys are doing different but my two have been working fine for over three years.
Same. I have one in service for two years and two in service for over 1 year each. No one problem with any of them.

I do try to keep a close eye on them for any signs of trouble. They will be replace with a Tech-Aero unit when the need comes up.
Capt. Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Barn-E-Stormer
Cruzin The "Super Moon"

Two WIKES, one still working the other stuck "ON". Would not turn the motor off.

I now use the Tech Aero (same unit sold by Syssa) and no problems.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
WesSC
Doo It! Doo It!

Tech Aero's on the way. Thanks for the input guys.
WesSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
Capt. Roll
Uber Contributor

Was flying this past weekend and the Wike IBEF in my 50cc started acting up. After landing the unit would not turn off the ignition when I toggled the kill switch on my TX. After turning the main power off/on it worked fine for rest of the day.

Just ordered two Tech-Aero units...........not taking a chance with the Wike now that it has started to operate incorrectly. Will also replace the Wike unit that's in my 100cc Yak.
Capt. Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!

Quote: Originally Posted by Capt. Roll
View Post
Was flying this past weekend and the Wike IBEF in my 50cc started acting up. After landing the unit would not turn off the ignition when I toggled the kill switch on my TX. After turning the main power off/on it worked fine for rest of the day.

Just ordered two Tech-Aero units...........not taking a chance with the Wike now that it has started to operate incorrectly. Will also replace the Wike unit that's in my 100cc Yak.
Good call Rex.On another note,my club will be having a charity fly in in December in Mineola Tx, hope you and Ray can make it.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:49 AM   #15
supernova11
Flyin' Around

I also have a problem..
supernova11 is offline   Reply With Quote