logo
Old 02-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Find More Posts by The Flyin Hawaiian
I Fly, therefore I Am!
3D Party in Daytona!!!
Joined Jan 2006
998 Posts
Winter Huckin, Florida Style! FX3D Is Coming!!

In October, after the Flying Giants Atlanta Huckfest, later dubbed “Hucktoberfest”, Donnie (aka Flying Skunks) and myself (aka Flyin Hawaiian), were on our way back home from Cumming, GA. Still on a high (3D Buzzzz), in our own vehicles on cell phones, we were saying things like “Florida needs an event like this!..”…”Why doesn’t somebody start a 3D event like this?..”.

Before the “Hucktoberfest”, Donnie, myself, and Lou (aka Aerolou), were forming a little organization called the “Florida Freestyle Aerobatics Club”, later changed to “Florida Freestyle Aerobatics Association”. We are like minded when it comes to Giant Scale, 3D huckin’; we are just RC pilots that like to have good, clean, Freestyle Extreme Aerobatic 3D fun. Maybe along the way we can demonstrate 3D flying to the young future RC pilots of tomorrow and help some young men or women gain interest in a great hobby. Since then, we have become almost thirty members strong. We want to organize many more “get togethers” at other RC Clubs in Florida, which was the original intent when we got hooked up with Gateway RC in Jacksonville, FL

Our event thread, here on FlyingGiants is titled “Florida eXtreme 3D Fly-In: Are You In?”. Check it out! The thread started off hot, and folks were chiming in supporting our idea. Before we knew it one thing lead to another and the right folks started talking to us, Gateway RC, in Jacksonville FL, stepped-up, and said that they would be interested in doing something like this. Thanks to Jeff Carte, the event co-coordinators, and the volunteers at Gateway RC, we got the ball rolling. That is how FX3D was born. Now after many e-mails, many threads and three months later, we have over 22 sponsors and over 70 pilots who have chimed in confirming their attendance. Many of our Northern RC 3D Dare Devils and friends want to start their flying season off early by coming down to sunny and warm F.L.A.!!! Don’t forget to pack shorts and bug spray!

Florida eXtreme 3D Fly-In, aka FX3D is a three day non-competitive event starting on Friday, February 29, March 1- 2, 2008, at Gateway RC. Check out Gateway RC’s website at www.gatewayrc.org for details, directions, and event Flyer. There will be a “Big Party” going on for those three days. Highlights are all day hucking, from Giant Scale machines to small electrics. Tail dunk contest, night flying (electrics only), Foamy Mayhem (a demolition derby), BBQ Dinner, sweet pilot prizes, and some really off-the-hook Grand Raffle Prizes (and a few surprises). Not only are we going to tear the skies up in this event, it has another great purpose, we are splitting the proceeds of this event to help out a great charity “Children of Fallen Soldier relief fund”. They have been involved in some other flying events, plus most of us have been touched in one way or another by the sacrifices of our current war.

One of the Grand Raffle Prizes to help support the charity will be an Extreme Flight RC, 74” Yak 54, with all of the digital servos, and all the high end hardware to complete the kit, provided by Mr. Chris Hinson and Extreme Flight RC. Also included in this complete Grand Raffle Prize package is a Brillelli 46cc gas engine provided by Scott Ellingson of Brillelli Engines, and 2 props from Robert Vess of Vess propellers. All is needed is batteries, switches, and a receiver (and some assembly) and you can have a complete aerobatic gasser!! The other Grand Raffle Prize is a pair of airline tickets good for any destination in the continental United States, provided by AirTran Airlines.

So all you RC nuts, family, and friends, come on down and see, or be part of, one of the Hottest Flying Events that Florida has to offer! The FX3D! I am sure there will be a photo and video flood so stay tuned!!Aloha! Rennie Ladines, FX3D co-coordinator
The Flyin Hawaiian is offline Find More Posts by The Flyin Hawaiian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Find More Posts by Matt_Thomas
Lakeland, FL
Joined Jun 2007
1,936 Posts
Re: Winter Huckin, Florida Style! FX3D Is Coming!!

Woohoo! Only 6 more days rennie!
Matt_Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Matt_Thomas
Old 02-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts

6 days till the Huckin begins......:Banane36: weather looks to be great for that week ,make sure that you are ready for a ton of Huckin :7aa:and a great time to boot .
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 02-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Find More Posts by Matt_Thomas
Lakeland, FL
Joined Jun 2007
1,936 Posts

Gona maiden that plane this week guys. Bob Mclarty is gona help me with some stuff on it today. Maby I can maiden it tomarrow . FX3D here we come!

And Donnie what hotel are you guys staying at again? I'll buy a yellow FFAA shirt if I see you guys at the hotel.
Matt_Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Matt_Thomas
Old 02-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Find More Posts by Jcarte
It's a beautiful RC day!
Jacksonville Fl
Joined Jan 2006
1,768 Posts

Here is the flyer for he event, a big thanks goes to Mad Max and the Flying Giants gang for the support they have given us, and all the sponsors who have donated some great prizes.
Jcarte is offline Find More Posts by Jcarte
Last edited by Jcarte; 02-22-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by CSpaced
Joined Jul 2006
4,903 Posts

Sounds awesome! Best of luck with the event
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
Old 02-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by jerry ream
Flying straight lines
Roscoe, illinois USA
Joined Feb 2006
88 Posts

We're leaving Tues. AM from northern IL-------Jerry, LeRoy, Al, Dave, Chuck
jerry ream is offline Find More Posts by jerry ream
Old 02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by whiteknuckleairlines
Easy like Sunday morning...
Suwanee, GA.
Joined Jan 2006
2,316 Posts

Hope you guys are up late thursday night! The ATL WKA crew should be rolling in around the witching hour!
whiteknuckleairlines is offline Find More Posts by whiteknuckleairlines
Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by mike chandley
United States, SC, Bluffton
Joined Jan 2006
2,019 Posts

We are still leaving Tues eve. I guess the Fred Bear museum is closed so we might head over to see the Ocean Wed after we get parked.
Where is a good beach to go look at the water close to the field?
mike chandley is offline Find More Posts by mike chandley
Old 02-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by VooDoo 3
Joined Nov 2007
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcarte View Post
Here is the flyer for he event, a big thanks goes to Mad Max and the Flying Giants gang for the support they have given us, and all the sponsors who have donated some great prizes.
I second that,Mad Max and all sponsors involved really stepped up to the plate......BIG UPS GUYS-YA ROCK ....And a HUGE thanks to Jeff for putting in all his time- evert- space and future back problems from carrying all the PRIZES.......I really hope i can make it,this move and new job could not have come at a better worse time...I am trying every thing in my POWERS.If i cant make i will do a special Pancake for ya Donnie after im all moved in and functioning since i will be able to fly on Sat and Sun for now on.
VooDoo 3 is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo 3
Old 02-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by wc524
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2006
588 Posts

Quote:
Where is a good beach to go look at the water close to the field?
The closest beach is about 35 minutes away, but you can drive on it.

Go back to 295 and go North.
Stay on 295 and it becomes 9A
Stay on 9A for about 6 miles then get off on to SR-105E (Heckscher Drive)
Turn Left
Follow Heckscher for 10 miles then you will see Huegenot Memorial Park on the right.
You can then go out on the beach and they also have a little "bay" like area that is a mini beach.

Hope that helps Mike.

THANKS TO FLYING GIANTS FOR THEIR SUPPORT!!!!

wc524 is offline Find More Posts by wc524
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

BEACH HUCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone got to do it......

Your event sounds awesome guys, I wish I could have made it. GO BIG...FLY HARD....
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc524 View Post
The closest beach is about 35 minutes away, but you can drive on it.

Go back to 295 and go North.
Stay on 295 and it becomes 9A
Stay on 9A for about 6 miles then get off on to SR-105E (Heckscher Drive)
Turn Left
Follow Heckscher for 10 miles then you will see Huegenot Memorial Park on the right.
You can then go out on the beach and they also have a little "bay" like area that is a mini beach.

Hope that helps Mike.

THANKS TO FLYING GIANTS FOR THEIR SUPPORT!!!!
Thank you ,that is perfect!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by Breakstuff5050
SMACKING THE BEVEL!!!
Shelby NC
Joined Jan 2006
724 Posts

So far so good for me! I should make it in later thursday night. I guess ill be flying in, someone will have to hook me up with a ride from the airport. Mike, is mark going?
Breakstuff5050 is offline Find More Posts by Breakstuff5050
Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstuff5050 View Post
So far so good for me! I should make it in later thursday night. I guess ill be flying in, someone will have to hook me up with a ride from the airport. Mike, is mark going?
Mark is not going as far as I know he has taken 2 weeks off work for his foot, it is not doing well. Jimmy says he will be there maybe fri afternoon.
Who else is coming with you?
Jimmy may bring the wife and daughter.

Quick Reply