logo
Old 07-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
Re: THE BEAST:OFFICIAL BUILD THREAD!

Hi hutch,

No, I don't think so! The letter was saying this was provided as a bonus to all the first shipment customers! Did you buy yours from LHS?

Guys,

What about you? Didn't you get a plane cover for your plane?

I'll be checking back in 3-4 hours. Please let us know guys!

Hutch,

Stay tuned, I think you should have one, I doubt I got that as a special thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch View Post
There was a small box that had a great quality plane cover! Dudes, I paid $100 for my 100cc plane cover, this was awesome gesture! It said Quique Bonus! I hope they include this in the next shipments as well! What a treat and way to protect the plane from hot days!

Reza were you the only 1 to get this, was no bonus in my box.
Reza is offline Find More Posts by Reza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by DR10044
George
United States, KY, Elizabethtown
Joined Mar 2007
853 Posts

Reza, Is it safe to assume the Beast will perform as well or better than the Python did with a DA100L with stock mufflers?
DR10044 is offline Find More Posts by DR10044
Old 07-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by michaelJH
Team Extreme!
High Prarie, Wa
Joined Mar 2010
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Good thing to hear about the servo! I have experience with 8711HV and its been great so I figured I give up a little bit of case rigidity and try the 8911HV that has same gear although not the same case! Hoping for similar results! Thanks very much Michael!
I put a 8711Hv in the Python and it seems to be working great as well. The beast has not flown yet so I can not compare them yet but I will definatly let you know the results
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
Old 07-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by hutch
Fairless Hills PA
Joined Apr 2007
39 Posts

LHS is looking into it , haven't started mine yet so plenty time. still not sure what motor to put on it, BME 115 or go for a new DA 120, good luck with yours. hutch
hutch is offline Find More Posts by hutch
Old 07-26-2010, 03:16 PM
AJT
Find More Posts by AJT
AJT
Kingston N.Y.
Joined Jul 2006
407 Posts

Reza
I purchased mine from a LHS and it came with a cover. I inspected every part and can tell you that there is not one wrinkle or any damage to be found. Quality looks to be a 10 out of a 10 scale. Real happy about this!
AJT is offline Find More Posts by AJT
Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by M Carr
Eastern, NC
Joined Feb 2008
185 Posts

Mine came with the cover too.

I was told that the first 300 models included the cover but I only know what I was told so how true it is I dont know for sure.

BTW, my poster came all wrinkled up too. No big deal since the rest of the contents were in perfect condition.
M Carr is offline Find More Posts by M Carr
Old 07-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by Sly3D
Woodland Hills CA
Joined Apr 2009
985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Kid, come and help me finish it j/k
That's what I am hoping. Over 2400 sq-in wing area, imagine at around 26lbs and DA120 power!
You know back in the days they were using 120cc on 40% planes that were heavy, can you tell we have come along way
My Extra 260 is 23lbs with the old style DA100.
Sly3D is offline Find More Posts by Sly3D
Old 07-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts

Great question George!

Let me give you the history on this. When Beast was designed and prototype was flown by Quique, DA120 was not available since it was in test stages! H9 team was pretty happy with the Beast performance on DA100L and actually they thought it was performing better than Python! Remember Python was built around DA100 original that is heavier than L. Before the shipment of the Beast, Desert Aircraft provided DA120 for testing to some selected few people. Originally they thought 120 would be too much power for Beast. I mean the engine is made for bigger/heavier planes and sometimes too much power may not be a good thing in the hands of inexperienced modeler (such as myself) I mean 3D guys with high testosterone lol, so although Quique found the 120 to be an excellent match for the Beast but manual stayed the same and this is left to modeler's discretion! Don't get me wrong here it is OK to run 120 on the Beast in my opinion but modelers should also develop a sense for Gs. For those who will make the plane with cans and smoke, 120 would provide outstanding power but if someone like me puts it together at very light weight (I hope it turns out that way) then they'd better develop a sense for power and speed before entering a very violent maneuver! I mean what I saw at Nall, QQ's plane was fast, I am guessing about 100 miles! To answer your question, you will be more than happy with DA100L performance if built the same way or close to H9 manual! Mainly watch your batteries and bling factor! Most servos are in the same weight range! Should you do that you will have a light and very high performing plane with DA100L!

Keep us posted buddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR10044 View Post
Reza, Is it safe to assume the Beast will perform as well or better than the Python did with a DA100L with stock mufflers?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts

Catch you guys as soon as I get home!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by backmarker
USA, FL, Hudson
Joined Dec 2008
26 Posts

Mine came with the cover, boxed seperately with its own part #. Mine was ordered last November and I was told it was a bonus for the people who had waited so long to get it. Has anyone gotten far enough along to know how it balances? Should I be concerned about keeping weight forward or aft? I'm installing the tank now, so I've got a ways to go. The first step in the manual was the rudder hinge. I've never done a piano hinge like that and I hope I never do again! Everything since that has gone smoothly, though.
backmarker is offline Find More Posts by backmarker
Old 07-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Feb 2006
10,852 Posts

sub
Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by JMag
Chesapeake, Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
161 Posts

I started assembling mine yesterday. I found the directions very straight forward. Vertical Fin fit was the same as Reza's experience. I also installed the stab. Incidence and fit was perfect. I also spent about an hour and a half measuring and checking to ensure the stab/rudder/wing/fuse alignment was perfect . . . I was very surprised that it only required measurment and glue. The stab lined up perfect. Tonight I may do the gear . . . but may just drink a beer and stare at it though . . .
JMag is offline Find More Posts by JMag
Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts

you know what bothers me is the fact company spends the money on this beautiful poster and it does not get handled properly!
They couldve easily wrap around the wing tube or inside the tube to avoid pressure on the poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted blade View Post
Mine came with the cover too.

I was told that the first 300 models included the cover but I only know what I was told so how true it is I dont know for sure.

BTW, my poster came all wrinkled up too. No big deal since the rest of the contents were in perfect condition.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts

I am sure they will get you taken care of!
I will do my best showing the facts on the engine(DA120) once I have some run time on it. Two good American Companies! Good luck with your decision!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch View Post
LHS is looking into it , haven't started mine yet so plenty time. still not sure what motor to put on it, BME 115 or go for a new DA 120, good luck with yours. hutch
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts

Guys,

I am off to building, you should see some pics very soon! got to get this stab deal done! That's the part that I feel much better get it out of the way

Quick Reply