logo
Old 03-29-2015, 01:15 AM
Find More Posts by Corry
United States, FL, Panama City
Joined Jan 2012
96 Posts
Discussion
Ultimate 6 inch spinners

Are you guys having good luck with your 6 inch Hangar Nine Ultimate spinners ? I have a six screw mounted carbon fiber cone but it doesn't spin very truly. Should I use a dab of tread lock on those four little screws ? Have any of you ended up tail heavy because you didn't use the 8 ounce heavier but awesome Tru Turn spinner ? I sure would appreciate your input.
Corry is offline Find More Posts by Corry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, PA, Home
Joined Nov 2006
3,941 Posts
TruTurn only = no issues
rooman is offline Find More Posts by rooman
Old 03-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
It's true that the TT are trouble free. I have had my issues with CF spinners. Not balanced, Cone slips on back plate with single bolt style, back plate cracks if you tighten it enough to prevent cone slipping. I have only had one CF 5" cone that worked for years on my DA-120. I still have it. They don't make that style anymore. All the single bolt CF back plates are much thinner now with the lightened webbing that isn't even needed. It's CF right? If I got another it would be an alum back plate with the little screws like you have. A good quality one will spin true (Mej, Petes). The wobble is just poor quality control. It should never have passed inspection if there even was one.

The left spinner is the 5" that has lasted 3 years and 200 flights. You can crank the bolt down on the back plate and it doesn't flex one bit. No slipping of the cone. It did take some balancing weight but the cone spins true. It's going on my brand new 35% Extra for a 2nd life.

The right spinner was nothing but trouble. It slipped no matter what I did. I broke the plate on the first one from tightening the bolt down, not even that hard. The vendor gave me a new one. Then I was careful to never crank the bolt down again but it would just slip and cut into the prop. I even used JB weld to create stops for the spinner to not slip. It finally threw the cone and I just gave up and got a TT. No problems after that as you'd expect.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Last edited by JoeAirPort; 03-29-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply