oh gawd
sk8rob is offline Find More Posts by sk8rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
So if a customer has a problem with one of these products he can only receive an answer when the flying season is over and everyone's back in the shop and not at the shows? Otherwise he has to wait ad infinitum . There's no support help line there or technical assistance to get you back in the air?

Only asking dont shout at me LOL
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 06-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Find More Posts by JackRC
JR = Jack the Ripper
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
I think they all went out for the event so I called 3DHS on Friday and nobody pick up the phone.

but Rob at ADC in the other hand return my email immediately and saying nothing he can do this time but refering me to 3DHS; which I did. After that I decided to not even bother because two times in a row is enough for my soul. I hope 3DHS can look into their manufacture process and thinking way to improve it. Not only for their reputataion but also for us modeler's safety. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
So if a customer has a problem with one of these products he can only receive an answer when the flying season is over and everyone's back in the shop and not at the shows? Otherwise he has to wait ad infinitum . There's no support help line there or technical assistance to get you back in the air?

Only asking dont shout at me LOL
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
Old 06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by sk8rob
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Oct 2009
369 Posts
Perhaps someone is purposely trying to break their airplane....like their previous 72"

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...41&postcount=1
Old 06-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Jack........You've been a bad boy
Old 06-04-2012, 08:00 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
oh ya, I am very hard core for sure!!
but unfortunately nothing break until I got a new wing which is obviously run out of glue. And it broke on the first pop-top.

and this 74" I baby it during the break-in period and it broke on the first rifle roller.

We can continue on this discussion and it will never end, I already show you the high-definition detail pictures in both crash and it's very obvious that the newer production plane/parts simply do not have enough glue.. at least the one I was getting.

I am very welcome you to continue the discussion/debating/attacking, I hope it can make you feel better in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
Perhaps someone is purposely trying to break their airplane....like their previous 72"

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...41&postcount=1
Last edited by JackRC; 06-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jan 2006
3,557 Posts
Jack, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I've seen plenty of these do riffle rollers without issues, but I don't doubt that your issue is real also. Good luck with your future airframes. If you do give them a chance, you'll see why 3DHS has such a loyal following.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Oct 2009
369 Posts
Perhaps the fuse broke somewhere that you didn't notice while you were purposely trying to break it during a full throttle blender, and on your next time out with a new wing during a pop top the damage became catastrophic?

IMO after reading that thread I wouldn't have given you a new airframe, and I'd say you lost all credibility with your so called wing failure crash with the 74
Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
ok thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
Jack, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I've seen plenty of these do riffle rollers without issues, but I don't doubt that your issue is real also. Good luck with your future airframes. If you do give them a chance, you'll see why 3DHS has such a loyal following.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA...
It's ok, you can frame me on anything, as long as you are happy.

Quote:
Perhaps the fuse broke somewhere that you didn't notice while you were purposely trying to break it during a full throttle blender, and on your next time out with a new wing during a pop top the damage became catastrophic?

IMO after reading that thread I wouldn't have given you a new airframe, and I'd say you lost all credibility with your so called wing failure crash with the 74
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
I think the important part is seeing how the company handles this situation. Granted you have already had one freebie so the company has accepted the fault by allowing you a replacement but this time it could be different for both parties.
They have honored their after sales service and you have lost more than just the model this time around.
Whether this link you posted about trying to break a model puts you in a bad light is debatable but it certainly wasn't a good idea to broadcast it. Least not after this incident.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Oct 2009
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRC View Post
HAHAHAHAHA...
It's ok, you can frame me on anything, as long as you are happy.
I didn't try to frame you, it's a thread YOU started clearly stating you tried to break your 72" extra
Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by theKM
needs more yaw authority
Central PA
Joined Oct 2008
1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRC View Post
Hitec 7985MG for aieron. no flutter.
only thing I remember is a big BANG... and both wing shoot out at the 'same time'. Quite a show.
it fluttered... you broke something loose and it exploded in an immediate compounding of forces. If the flutter is bad enough, it doesn't last long. Seriously, it's hard to get anything not related to motor/engine to "BANG" with an in-flight failure... especially given that the maneuver isn't an immediate pitch/push with an increase in G-forces. Flutters that immediately turn to airframe destruction however does sound like a bang... and flutter on one side transferred to the structure in the other wing via the wing tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot View Post
Huh... that's really strange. Rollers shouldn't put that much load on the spar. The airplane shouldn't ever be loaded very far outside +/- 1G. Most of the load would be in torsion on the wing panel, and I'd expect that to break out the area of the anti-rotation pins before anything else. The centrifugal force pulling the wings off the tube just doesn't seem strong enough to do that. Did the wing bolt snap on one side and the root rib break out of the other or what?

Just curious... I've being doing high-speed/high-rate rolls for a long time and have never seen any structural consequences. The loads just shouldn't be that high.
+1.

What happens with the customer service is between Rob (vendor) and 3DHS (Mfg), and that's all there is to it. My personal opinion is that it's all very weird...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,287 Posts
Jack, Im afraid the 72 crash thread raises some eyebrows. Even if the 74 was babied, and taken care of, it still cuts into the credability of the story. Im still with ya, but...

I am still trying to figure out what other than flutter and lack of glue can cause a wing to come apart/off in a roller. I cant think of anything (assuming it at least has a bolt in it lol)
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
Old 06-04-2012, 09:42 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
Dude, just in case you miss it, I am a test pilot for several companies here in SoCal.
I fly the hack out of "all my planes" and I tell people what is a good airframe and what is not.
if the not-so-famous brand can handle my flying style and 3DHS' can't, then people will know as well !

my good old 51 AJ Slick still flying like a champ, again, only the newer 3DHS production planes have issues IMHO.

Quote:
I didn't try to frame you, it's a thread YOU started clearly stating you tried to break your 72" extra

Quick Reply