logo
View Poll Results: What should I do now??
Let it go 25 39.68%
Persue further 38 60.32%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by Tailslide
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2013
538 Posts
The OP asked for advise and support from his fellow modelers. Instead most of you failed to understand his position or good business ethics just piled on. Shame on you , and I should have remembered that one can't teach a cat algebra.
That said..... Happy New Year to All and I hope you never find yourself in the same situation as the OP.
Tailslide is offline Find More Posts by Tailslide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
And most of all don't take yourself too seriously and have some fun in this life.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 12-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by Speedfab
Joined Apr 2013
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecrankshaft View Post
Don't be so hard on Futaba...after all they fixed the same problem twice proving their great customer support.

Who knows, before this is all over they may show even greater support by fixing the problem three or four more times. LOL
That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.
Speedfab is offline Find More Posts by Speedfab
Old 12-28-2014, 02:00 AM
Find More Posts by FULLTILT
FULLTILT
United States, TX, Conroe
Joined Oct 2006
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide View Post
The OP asked for advise and support from his fellow modelers. Instead most of you failed to understand his position or good business ethics just piled on. Shame on you , and I should have remembered that one can't teach a cat algebra.
That said..... Happy New Year to All and I hope you never find yourself in the same situation as the OP.
True that
FULLTILT is offline Find More Posts by FULLTILT
Old 12-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide View Post
The OP gave his side of the situation which most accepted as the unadulterated truth without question. This fails to account for the fact that there are always two sides (minimum!!) to every story.

In the end he got his boards replaced twice without checking if the first replacement did anything. Hopefully this will satisfy him given that his original position was he wanted the 4-year old radio replaced.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Last edited by Judge; 12-28-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by TimBle
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
I am wondering if a botched software update accounts for the error message
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old 12-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by wahoo
Joined Feb 2006
953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The OP gave his side of the situation which most accepted as the unadulterated truth without question. This fails to account for the fact that there are always two sides (minimum!!) to every story.

In the end he got his boards replaced twice without checking if the first replacement did anything. Hopefully this will satisfy him given that his original position was he wanted the 4-year old radio replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljja204 View Post
When I told Japan that there was no document telling me what was wrong and what was done to fix it they asked me to send it to Japan. The only reason I say that the service department in the USA might have done something is because I called and asked. This is after the transmitter was already sent back to me without any explanation of what was done.

At that point I complained about the way I was spoken to by the service manager and the fact that there was no confirmation of what was done. No zero invoice with a list of parts replaced. Nothing at all.

Japan asked for it and I sent it out. To my understanding, nothing was done because they couldn't replicate the problem in the picture

For Christ's sake quit harping on it. JAPAN ASKED HIM TO SEND IT IN... what should he have said ??.... "Nope I'm not gonna send in my $2300 radio like you're asking, I think I'll just use it on my foamies for another year or two".
wahoo is offline Find More Posts by wahoo
Old 12-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by StevL
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined Apr 2006
419 Posts
All the advice and speculation is fine, the guys in the Orange shirts should have taken this to emails. You guys turned this into a circle j$&@ and it could have been completely avoided.

Steve
StevL is offline Find More Posts by StevL
Old 12-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
For Christ's sake quit harping on it. JAPAN ASKED HIM TO SEND IT IN... what should he have said ??.... "Nope I'm not gonna send in my $2300 radio like you're asking, I think I'll just use it on my foamies for another year or two".
He already had the radio back, otherwise he could not state that there was no documentation with it. Aside from that, taking a day or two to check if it was working fine does not seem like an unreasonable thing to do. Plus it is not like Japan required the radio to be sent essentially immediately.

I hope the OP will let us know once he has the radio back if he "trusts" it now or not.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 12-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by thepamster
The Biplane Mistress
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Aug 2010
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
I am wondering if a botched software update accounts for the error message
Can anyone translate what the error message said? I am curious about that.
It could be like any computer error message though that only a programmer would actually understand.
thepamster is offline Find More Posts by thepamster
Old 12-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by wahoo
Joined Feb 2006
953 Posts
Quote:

He already had the radio back, otherwise he could not state that there was no documentation with it. Aside from that, taking a day or two to check if it was working fine does not seem like an unreasonable thing to do. Plus it is not like Japan required the radio to be sent essentially immediately.

I hope the OP will let us know once he has the radio back if he "trusts" it now or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljja204 View Post
The issues started a few months after I bought it. It would first have issues starting up and shutting down. It would just hang (see picture). Then I started getting the error.

I sent it in for service and they claimed it was the lithium battery 2013. I was flying foamies with it because I never trusted it. About 12 hours of usage later the error came back and the unit would not always come up right. It would hang and I would have to remove the battery to get it to reset several times before it would come up.

I emailed the service center and they replied that it looks like a bad memory segment. I was asked to delete the model and reprogram everything. That didn't work.

Then after speaking with the service center it went back to them and Futaba claimed to have replaced something but never sent the old parts back or provided any kind of written explanation of what they did.

I contacted Japan and got them involved, and sent the radio for them to have a look. Yesterday they said it was on the way back to me because they could not reproduce the problem.

I'm thinking to post some very long explanations that I can cut and paste from the emails I sent Futaba on the issue.
If it were me, that would be a definite NOT......
wahoo is offline Find More Posts by wahoo
Old 12-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:

I call BS on that... BTDT It takes more than a few days to gain faith in something as intermittent as that type problem can be.

The OP asked for advice...The fan boys pretty much said...
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Last edited by littlecrankshaft; 12-29-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by VinceY
That guy
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Feb 2006
734 Posts
And now it's for sale in the classifieds.
VinceY is offline Find More Posts by VinceY
Old 11-30-2015, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by Ialwayscrash
Mixing Balsa and Dirt
Corpus Christi, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceY View Post
And now it's for sale in the classifieds.

Nice catch!
Ialwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Ialwayscrash
Old 12-01-2015, 05:15 AM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Was it flown all season safely, or kept on a shelf and now for sale???

Tony
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3

Quick Reply