logo
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-19-2015, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by grumman-cats
blue skies everyone
Leslie, MI.
Joined Sep 2007
252 Posts
I have to put a big thank you out to Chris Hass and Team Futaba for loaning me a throttle servo at the last moment. Also to Dave Lee and Mike Roxberry. It's nice to know people got your back when things go wrong.
grumman-cats is offline Find More Posts by grumman-cats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Find More Posts by roxberrym
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Mid-Michigan IMAC Contest

Mid-Michigan IMAC

A very special thanks to Jackson RC Club president Juan Rosa. Without his constant help and support, I could not complete all the tasks required to put on the contest. Also, a special thanks to my bride Pam Roxberry for cooking and preparing our concessions of sloppy joes, Joe dogs and other great foods. Sincere thanks to scorekeepers Tom Walker, Jay Stolz and Buzz Benson, and Wally-Roger Walbrook for bringing his trailer for our use. To all the club members that came out to help including Rich Howerton, Bill Z. , Jerry Scott, Bob Harkness, Vince Bodde, Dave Schupbach and Dave Curtis, thank you so much . Thanks to Jim Norton for posting pictures and scores. I'm sure there are more so even if I missed your name or you came out over the weekend just to enjoy the flying , know that I appreciate your help and support.

Overall, there were 32 pilots flying in the Mid-Michigan IMAC contest. In no particular order they were: Jim Norton, A. J. Jaffe, Aaron Schrader, Adam Picard, Alan Batts, Bill Teeter, Bryan Mailloux, Bryon Striker, Cary Archer, Charles Rencurrel, Christopher Hass, Christopher Kowalski, Cliff Bailley, Craig Knight, Dave Lee, Domenic Teti, Frank Klenk, Greg Marsden, James DeYoung, Jeff Maruschek, Jeff Strauss, Jim Daly, Matt Komar, Mike Karnes, Mike Roxberry , Paul Deppe, Rick Kroeze, Rob Willis, Ron Garham, Scott Paschen, Scott Smith and Steve Ruxton. These pilots flew a grand total of 524 judged sequences.

Steve Ruxton won the Basic class. There were 6 pilots in Basic. The winning order was: (1) Steve Ruxton, (2) Cary Archer, (3) Charles Rencurrel, (4) Scott Smith, (5) Christopher Kowalski and (6) Aaron Schrader. They flew 9 known sequences (5 rounds). The scores ranged from a low of 849.1 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 150.9 points).

Rob Willis won the Sportsman class. There were 16 pilots in Sportsman. The winning order was: (1) Rob Willis, (2) Dave Lee, (3) Jeff Maruschek, (4) Mike Roxberry , (5) Jeff Strauss, (6) A. J. Jaffe, (7) Matt Komar, (8) Domenic Teti, (9) Alan Batts, (10) Paul Deppe, (11) Jim Norton, (12) Scott Paschen, (13) James DeYoung, (14) Adam Picard, (15) Jim Daly and (16) Cliff Bailley. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 281.3 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 718.7 points).

Bill Teeter won the Intermediate class. There were 4 pilots in Intermediate. The winning order was: (1) Bill Teeter, (2) Ron Garham, (3) Frank Klenk and (4) Craig Knight. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 642.8 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 357.2 points).

Greg Marsden won the Advanced class. There were 3 pilots in Advanced. The winning order was: (1) Greg Marsden, (2) Mike Karnes and (3) Rick Kroeze. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 276.6 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 723.4 points).

Bryon Striker won the Unlimited class. There were 3 pilots in Unlimited. The winning order was: (1) Bryon Striker, (2) Bryan Mailloux and (3) Christopher Hass. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 953.3 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 46.7 points).

Dave Lee won the Seniors class. There were 11 pilots in Seniors. The winning order was: (1) Dave Lee, (2) Greg Marsden, (3) Mike Roxberry , (4) Alan Batts, (5) Paul Deppe, (6) Bill Teeter, (7) Mike Karnes, (8) Frank Klenk, (9) Craig Knight, (10) Cliff Bailley and (11) Rick Kroeze. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 295.708 to a high of 1,000.000 (a range of 704.292 points).

The tightest competition was for 7th place in the Sportsman class, with only 0.547 points difference between Matt Komar and Domenic Teti.

Thanks to all the pilots that came to the 2015 Mid-Michigan IMAC. With a little luck, we'll do it again next year.

Mike R.
roxberrym is offline Find More Posts by roxberrym
Last edited by roxberrym; 07-21-2015 at 07:44 PM. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply