logo
Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
Re: New hitec 7950TH

I will support Hitec in the dark times as they are bringing new products to the market place, and thats good in the long run.. Plus I really like the Ti gear trains as well as the programmabilty of their products.
However I would hope that the Company would give full disclosure on problems with their products. And maybe offer inline adapters, boosters, or whatever it takes to make sure their products work with all RX's currently on the market. That is if problem is not readily solved.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Last edited by wylieruneyjr; 01-10-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2 View Post
I sent back 16 of them, went to JR8911HV. Why should I fix
hitec's issue. Maybe if they start getting all the servos back they will correct the problem.
agreed
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by shawnhedden
Hanford, Ca.
Joined Jul 2010
173 Posts

I'm not trying to help turn this thread into a hitec bash, but here's my 2 cents. I have for years used futabu, hitec and jr, all of which with great results. Around the end of last summer (2010), I burned up two hitec 5955s, not the servos fault at all. When I contacted hitec they said to send them down and they would take a look at them. It was a bad week, right after I sent the 5955s to hitec I toasted two jr 8611a's, again not the servos fault. Those were sent off a week after the hitecs. Two weeks after the Hitecs went out they finally called me to say that the 5955s were not made anymore (duh!!) and that they would be more than happy to sell me two 7955s at a discounted price of $97.99. I asked how that was discounted when I could buy those from most any online hobby shop for $89.99. They finally ended up selling them to me for $65.00 each after much debate. From the time I sent the hitecs out to when they got back in my hands it was over 5 weeks, hitec is a little over 250 miles away from me. The jr's were a little different story. After I had sent the jrs out about 2 weeks later I had still not heard from them, so I gave them a call. Much to my surprise they said the out of date 8611as were being warrantied and that two new 8711's were already in the mail on their way back to me. Horizon is back east and atlaest a weeks worth of shipping unless you put a rush on it. The hitecs took over 5 weeks and over $150.00 to get handled. Jr on the other hand all said and done was about 3 weeks and just the $12.00 it cost to ship the servos to them. Needless to say I will never spend another penny on a hitec product.
shawnhedden is offline Find More Posts by shawnhedden
Old 01-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by f5air
Fly it....fly it.
Joined Jun 2009
2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylieruneyjr View Post
I will support Hitec in the dark times as they are bringing new products to the market place, and thats good in the long run.. Plus I really like the Ti gear trains as well as the programmabilty of their products.
However I would hope that the Company would give full disclosure on problems with their products. And maybe offer inline adapters, boosters, or whatever it takes to make sure their products work with all RX's currently on the market. That is if problem is not readily solved.
i agree. It should be interesting to see also JR/spek trying to see why their rx make that problem......i have seen people going to Futaba from JR due a lot of problems like this.
f5air is offline Find More Posts by f5air
Old 01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhedden View Post
I'm not trying to help turn this thread into a hitec bash, but here's my 2 cents. I have for years used futabu, hitec and jr, all of which with great results. Around the end of last summer (2010), I burned up two hitec 5955s, not the servos fault at all. When I contacted hitec they said to send them down and they would take a look at them. It was a bad week, right after I sent the 5955s to hitec I toasted two jr 8611a's, again not the servos fault. Those were sent off a week after the hitecs. Two weeks after the Hitecs went out they finally called me to say that the 5955s were not made anymore (duh!!) and that they would be more than happy to sell me two 7955s at a discounted price of $97.99. I asked how that was discounted when I could buy those from most any online hobby shop for $89.99. They finally ended up selling them to me for $65.00 each after much debate. From the time I sent the hitecs out to when they got back in my hands it was over 5 weeks, hitec is a little over 250 miles away from me. The jr's were a little different story. After I had sent the jrs out about 2 weeks later I had still not heard from them, so I gave them a call. Much to my surprise they said the out of date 8611as were being warrantied and that two new 8711's were already in the mail on their way back to me. Horizon is back east and atlaest a weeks worth of shipping unless you put a rush on it. The hitecs took over 5 weeks and over $150.00 to get handled. Jr on the other hand all said and done was about 3 weeks and just the $12.00 it cost to ship the servos to them. Needless to say I will never spend another penny on a hitec product.
When I bought my A9, I bought it NIB from another FG member. I had a slight problem with the radio, and I contacted Hitec about it... filled out the service form, sent it in... no big deal... took twice as long to get it back as my 9303 took from Horizon. Anyways, I mentioned that my radio had a problem to the guy, and he mentioned it to Mike Mayberry. When I went to redeem the cheap RX deal, they(Hitec) wouldn't accept it without a legit receipt from a authorized hobby vendor, even though my paypal receipt clearly showed the transaction, and I think that I had the original receipt(or something proving it) as well.(in the other guy's name) So I didn't get the additional RX's.....

That servo deal is pretty raw. I don't know the entire story, so Hitec may have been justified, but that goes to show the difference in service..

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5air View Post
i agree. It should be interesting to see also JR/spek trying to see why their rx make that problem......i have seen people going to Futaba from JR due a lot of problems like this.
I've been switching to Hitec as the spider of RX's in my plane makes me feel unsafe when I know I have better coverage with a hitec RX that's half the price...

If JR or Futaba had a radio that compared the the A9, or A12, with nearly the same features for the same price point, I would be all over it. Same with the servos... nobody else sells programmable high-torq servos for half the competition....
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by craptech
CRAPTECH
United States, FL, Destin
Joined Feb 2007
313 Posts

I guess I should go back and read about all the problems,
I got 6 of them about a year ago, Using them on the elevators on both my 40% planes, put two on the rudder of one of the planes. I am using JR power safe receivers, with the regulators set to 6.25v.
Running TBM twisted extensions. I am not having any problems. TMG
craptech is offline Find More Posts by craptech
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM
desert racer
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craptech View Post
I got 6 of them about a year ago, Using them on the elevators on both my 40% planes, put two on the rudder of one of the planes. I am using JR power safe receivers, with the regulators set to 6.25v.
are you running the JR922 ?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by eajohnson
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2007
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craptech View Post
In my tests my servos were all stable at low voltages, it was fully charged unregulated lipos (8.4V) where the problem was pretty bad on some servos; once the voltage went down to ~8V things were much improved compared to @8.4V. I would be surprised if you had any problems at 6.25V.
eajohnson is offline Find More Posts by eajohnson
Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts

When I talked with someone at hitec about my issues the first person I talked to was very defensive, and trying to push blame on my set-up and the use of my Smart Fly EQ-10 , which he knew not what it was or anything about. Clearly had little knowledge of giant scale set-ups .
The second guy did refer me back to this forum on Flying giants and offered some suggestions such as: twisted extensions, did not mention that they sold them, lower the voltage , try the caps mentioned in the forum , or use the spectrum signal boosters.
However the second person would not except my servos for a full refund under any conditions. Stating I did not buy them from hitec. I bought them from TBM. I explained that the servos were at some point purchased from them, it was thier product. I also explained that one servo was very bad, much worse than the others, and inquired if they ( hitec) would want to look at it. They did not. Suggest I move it somewhere else in the plane. I remarked that it did not mater were on the plane it was or weather or not it was on a extension , it was problematic.

So in conclusion hitec in my opinion is all about sells , not service. I still like most of there products though.
Any mention here on FG about less than spectackular service is preaching to the choir.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Hanford, Ca.
Joined Jul 2010
173 Posts

I just don't understand then, it seems like besides myself so many other people have experienced hitecs lack of giving a sh*t. Why keep buying their products. It can't be the price. hitec 7950 $124.50. jr 8911hv $130.00. Prices are from chief. The service sucks, the products are having unresolved issues why keep taking the abuse.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts

the only thing i don't understand is why hitec isn't involved in this forum to help people out and give suggestions. if you just mention JR or spektrum and what is a better radio, hitec people are all over it and telling us how crappy jr radios are and how much better the A9 is. makes me wonder just a little.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 01-11-2011, 02:42 PM
desert racer
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
the only thing i don't understand is why hitec isn't involved in this forum to help people out and give suggestions. if you just mention JR or spektrum and what is a better radio, hitec people are all over it and telling us how crappy jr radios are and how much better the A9 is. makes me wonder just a little.
too little too late !!!!! I sent mine back ! dont want to modify or purchase anything that corrects a mfg defect !
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Hanford, Ca.
Joined Jul 2010
173 Posts

Hitec isn't involved in this forum because they have nothing to ad that has not already been said. They obviously are not too worried about the problem or they would have already addressed it. Just goes too show you what kind of company you are spending your money with. I can't think of a good reason why anyone would continue to support these guys. The more I talk about it the more fired up I get.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:58 PM
desert racer
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts

dont get upset with Hitec , they do have a nice line of servos and for 2 decades I been using them without problems till now.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by Fierce
United States, NY, Farmingdale
Joined Sep 2008
143 Posts

is it only isolated to the powersafe rx's?
Fierce is offline Find More Posts by Fierce

Quick Reply