logo
Old 05-25-2023, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by berry5252
United States, OH, Belpre
Joined Sep 2016
23 Posts
Discussion
New 2 me Pulsar sport biplane

Hay gang i just picked up a Puslar sport biplane that took 2nd place at the Toledo show back in 1977 (got the trophy with it ) how awesome is that !? Does anyone have a manual for this awesome plane ? I know it calls for a 60 size engine and im wanting/thinking about going with an electric and hears the 60 dollar question ---- what would be a great engine for it ? What's your opinion on engine's glow, gas, electric and size please ? Thanks Bill
berry5252 is offline Find More Posts by berry5252
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-25-2023, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Good flying airplane. Designed by Norm Casella (from New Jersey or somewhere back that way) and he flew it well. Very capable and somewhat revolutionary during the time period. I would fly it with any good 60- 80 glo 2 stroke engine as it was intended to fly. My choice would be the OS 75 because of its good power and 60 physical size. An electric motor would certainly fit well in the nose but it would be difficult to locate the battery in the relatively small fuselage. It would be a major PITA to remove the wing every time for battery changes. Enjoy it just the way it was intended to fly in the 70's!
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 05-26-2023, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by berry5252
United States, OH, Belpre
Joined Sep 2016
23 Posts
Thank you Truckracer i didnt even think about battery placement LOL but ill check on the os75 for sure !
berry5252 is offline Find More Posts by berry5252

Quick Reply