logo
Old 03-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
You may not have blind nuts in the wing but the key is the SFG. Find the holes in the SFG and then put the tip of the SFG at the leading edge and if there are blind nuts you can push thru a pin into the wing thru the SFG holes. Either way the plane flys great with or with out. In fact I hate taking the time to put them on anymore.
Spats is offline Find More Posts by Spats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Jetpainter
United States, IL, Belleville
Joined Nov 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats View Post
You may not have blind nuts in the wing but the key is the SFG. Find the holes in the SFG and then put the tip of the SFG at the leading edge and if there are blind nuts you can push thru a pin into the wing thru the SFG holes. Either way the plane flys great with or with out. In fact I hate taking the time to put them on anymore.
Spats, I've never put the SFG's on my Edge and I've been wondering just what it changes in the flight characteristics.
Jetpainter is offline Find More Posts by Jetpainter
Old 03-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
They add massive side area to the plane. Increasing the ease of flying on knife edge. Also adding stability.

Planebender
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
[QUOTE=Jetpainter;2120619]Spats, I've never put the SFG's on my Edge and I've been wondering just what it changes in the flight characteristics.[/QUOTE

Dave summed it up very well. It does help a lot on the KE but one thing I don't like is if the wind is up the plane tends to bounce around a little more.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,427 Posts
I was wondering if it would make it more stable in high alpha.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpainter View Post
I was wondering if it would make it more stable in high alpha.
I did not notice much of a change. Where I felt a change was the rudder is more a little more responsive on KE.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
I did not notice much of a change. Where I felt a change was the rudder is more a little more responsive on KE.
Thanks.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by fastthreed
Joined Dec 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Thank you Spats. I looked at the SFG but it's not easy to spot those holes I made two holes that I could see but the holes seem to be oval so over time the holes might get larger. I did one side only and I could not find any underlying blind nuts which makes me wonder if they might pop out with full throttle blenders or tumbles.
Anway, here is the picture. is this almost the same location for the holes on your SFGs? Thanks.
fastthreed is offline Find More Posts by fastthreed
Old 03-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Joined Dec 2013
23 Posts
I have always used the SFGs on my previous planes. The KE especially slow KE is easier. It seems that it slows down most of the planes overall so I don't like them on my underpowered planes.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastthreed View Post
Thank you Spats. I looked at the SFG but it's not easy to spot those holes I made two holes that I could see but the holes seem to be oval so over time the holes might get larger. I did one side only and I could not find any underlying blind nuts which makes me wonder if they might pop out with full throttle blenders or tumbles.
Anway, here is the picture. is this almost the same location for the holes on your SFGs? Thanks.
That definitely looks like it. And yes I think they could come loose or maybe China forgot to put them in

Fastthreed is correct they do slow down the plane a tad I think.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Joined Dec 2013
23 Posts
Thanks Spats.
I have another question and sorry if this is a really stupid question, since I have never used LiFe batteries before. My plane works with one Life 6.6v 1800 mAh. and thats what the original owner recommended me to buy however I have one of those Triton2 chargers which charges almost everythng but the LiFe. So my question is what is the Lipo equivalent to this Life? is 2C 1800 mAh OK?
Thank you.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
There is no stupid questions, no worries. Only problem is I don't have an answer, sorry. I am not a battery and charger expert especially with life batteries. Several of the guys replying on this thread are and I am sure someone will have an answer for you real soon.

I use lion batts from fromeco.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Joined Dec 2013
23 Posts
Hey Spats, thanks for writing. I just wanted to make sure I am ordering the right battery. I think since I am using only one battery I can potentially go with higher mAh. but not sure.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by JackRC
JR = Jack the Ripper
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
Hi fastthreed,

Don't use Lipo charger on Life, it will over charge it and even set it on fire (blow it up)

Your sexy plane is capable of using Lipo... all the servos, IBEC, ignition, receiver can withstand 7.4 2 cell lipo. However all the components will last longer with lower voltage and that's why I recommended you to stick with Life. FYI.

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastthreed View Post
Thanks Spats.
I have another question and sorry if this is a really stupid question, since I have never used LiFe batteries before. My plane works with one Life 6.6v 1800 mAh. and thats what the original owner recommended me to buy however I have one of those Triton2 chargers which charges almost everythng but the LiFe. So my question is what is the Lipo equivalent to this Life? is 2C 1800 mAh OK?
Thank you.
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
Old 03-16-2014, 02:42 AM
Joined Dec 2013
23 Posts
Hey Jack, how you doing? thanks for the reply. Ok then I will go ahead and get a lipo. Do you think Glacier 30C 1300mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo is good enough? the next option would be 2s 2200mAh. If you think LiFe makes a big difference then I can get it with a separate charger too. Thanks again.

Quick Reply