Old 03-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
Hope, British Columbia
Joined Sep 2007
504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim750r View Post
This is back in stock at HK Int. EU and UK warehouses if anyone needs one

I still haven't finished mine - not happy with the canister mounting...

The 30cc version is also available in EU and UK
Canister is easy if you follow the way I mounted mine. I never have to worry about it coming loose or vibrating.
jahatton is offline Find More Posts by jahatton
Old 03-21-2015, 04:53 PM
I'd rather be out flying
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2007
373 Posts

My HK Sbach had been grounded for quite some time now. I had been having some trouble with the engine running right. Idle was good and dependable, but any time I would advance up above half throttle it would start to hesitate/mis-fire. I mixed with the carb until I was Blue in my face and all I wanted to do is just kick it.

I had changed out the ignition battery, wires to and from, ignition switch. Looked at all the wires, plug, plug cap bla bla bla. Nothing seemed to stand out. Talked to TBM and they suggested changing out the ignition module on my DLE-55RA. Had a new module shipped to me and now all is good. There is nothing like a non-dependable engine to keep you from flying.

Now I can bring this bird back down to close to the ground in all sorts of weird configurations/maneuvers without fearing a dead stick.

Here last weekend I had the entire field to my self as the wind was changing all around with small gusts here and there.
t-moller is offline Find More Posts by t-moller
Old 03-21-2015, 05:04 PM
I'd rather be out flying
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2007
373 Posts

Here are some more pictures of this one. Its now about a couple years old. I had all sorts of trouble with the kit. Wing tube was bent and did not fit into the wing, neither did the horizontal stab tube. Had to attach sandpaper to a dowel attached to a drill and sand the inside wing-tube so it would fit.

The motor box ended up having some positive incidence which I placed spacers under the stand-offs to correct. Mixes are not too bad, I do have a strange left yaw as I pull positive on the elevator, much more then usual.

Inverted harriers and falls are fun in this thing. Will try and have some one video tape soon if I can.
t-moller is offline Find More Posts by t-moller
Old 03-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
Hope, British Columbia
Joined Sep 2007
504 Posts

Hi t-moller, glad to hear the mystery is solved with your engine. Best place to be with a bad engine is on the ground where it is safe.
I see your white on the cowling is yellowing too. I'm going to have to do something with mine cause it looks bad.
What does yours weigh and can you upload some video's of your harriers?
Jim
jahatton is offline Find More Posts by jahatton