logo
Old 02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkoppisch View Post
It looks like spektrum might put the hurt on everyone with their new low priced 18 channel. Point being, I wish hitec would have pursued the channel and receiver upgrade like futaba did..
I'm ready for a "new" higher end, follow on model to the A9.
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-25-2012, 01:20 AM
Find More Posts by skyrock
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinKat View Post
When did you get yours? Ive been on the waiting list at Tower since April 2011!!!
Same with me, finally I cancelled my order at Tower and then bought the HTS-Voice at FastLad in UK. Got it in November 2011, but one needs the HPP-22 software (ver. 1.12, as announced by Mike but not yet available) to use it properly.
Btw. the HTS-Voice is operated with 2 AAA non chargeable batteries (chargeable don't work) The power consumption of the HTS voice is relatively high. So one allways needs some spare batteries at the model airport.
The manual states that one of the 2 JR/Futaba connectors can be directly connected with the HPP-22. We will see how programming works, when the new software version is available. I doubt that it will come in March 2012. It is allways and everywhere the same. When hard- and software come together these software programmers don't meet their milestones and targets. So Hitec is not alone, but they have to give their programmers a push.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Last edited by skyrock; 02-25-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.
quote:
"7. Extension Leads.
. Optical Sensor, with DIY extension, attached Heli tail pictures x 3
. At the present time, there are no extension leads for the telemetry units.
...."The stock length of the RPM leads are supposed to be longer on the next batch but extensions are needed in many cases although this should help. Temp leads can become inaccurate (I've been told) if they get much longer but I don't know to what extent. There is an extension offered here that would work with the RPM sensors for now.- Mike"....
Horizon often block direct link, search SPMA2001 = 6" & SPMA9551= 12" Ultra Micro Extensions.
Maximum separation between sensor & HTS-SS reported is 24"<30" "

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Hey Mike, or anyone else that may know the answer to this.

I'd like to run the new iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad sensor software with the voice module this summer at some point. However, as several of us discovered last year, we can't extend the sensor station data cable to the RX more than 7 or 8" or it wont send the sensor data. Thus, unless you mount your RX's way far up front in the bigger birds, you can't use the sensor stations. (I had my RX quite far up near the wing tube on my 33% last year in order to make this work).

Is there a solution, new sensor extensions, amplifiers, or another option for being able to run these sensor station in our GS birds? IMHO, if we're spending all the money for the GPS all encompassing telemetry station & sensors, then I'd like to put it in my biggest (or most $$) bird as I'm sure most people will have a similar line of thought.

Also, any information on the gasoline tank level sensors that were in the works last year?

Thanks!
Travis
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 02-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
Well, you can extend the cables for the sensors. I asked that question a long time ago and Mike's answer was, if you don't want to solder you can use the extension cables available from Spektrum.
Personally I soldered an extension to the RPM sensor and to the temperature sensor for the cylinder temperatur of my gasser. Both work fine.

Juergen
Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
I think Im on 1.07 or 1.08 update I will have to look but I have over 400-500 flights on mine and love it!
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
New HPP-22 Software version

The new HPP-22 software version 1.12(0) is available on the Hitec download server. I wiill test it to see if I can update and program the HTS-voice

Juergen
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
Ok, it works, but it was not easy to establish the connection. It helps if you disconnect the HTS-Voice from your A9 for making the connection to the HPP-22 When the HTS-Voice was connected to the A9 I could not establish any connection. (It didn't matter whether the A9 was switched on or off)
Finally I did the upgrade to ver. 1.03 for the HTS-Voice and did my custom selections for the voice output.

The only criticism I have at this point is the following:

Let's assume it is weekend and you are with two completely different models at your model airport. Let's assume you have a glider and a gasser with you. For both models you then want to have different custom voice outputs and settings for the warnings. Then you need an netbook and the HPP-22 at your model airport.
If e.g. we could store the custom values for two or three models in the HTS-Voice and select the models via the function button, this would not be necessary.

Juergen
Last edited by skyrock; 03-05-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Find More Posts by A.T.
New Zealand
Joined Oct 2008
302 Posts
HPP-22 program file V1.12(0) now available.

HPP-22 program file V1.12(0) now available, as per two previous posts.
For those unfamiliar with updating the program file - it is not automatic..

1. Uninstall old V1.111(1) using the HPP-22 uninsatll program as pictured.
Do Not attempt to use Windows add/remove program app.
2. Download V1.12(0) from
Download Station
as shown picture 2.
3. Copy latest edition of "readme" is attached.
extract "Version Information." :
HPP-22 V1.12(0)
. HTS-VOICE Firmware update and Set up can be upgraded by HPP-22.
. Firmware update for HTS-VOICE (Ver.1.03(0))!!
- Real time RX battery voltage announcing (w/o sensor station)
- Can be upgraded by HPP-22
. Firmware update for OPTIC 6 SPORT 2.4 (Ver.1.02(0))!!
- Refine Trainer function"
4. If HPP-22 is connected and a runtime error occurs, close program and disconnect HOO-22 from USB port, before trying to run the program again otherwise runtime errors will continue.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
HPP-22 software and HTS-Navi

Today I was with the new HPP-22 software ver. 1.12 (0) at our airfield and wanted to log some telemetry data with the HTS-Navi on my netbook.

But what happened, when clicking on the Hitec Telemetry System Command Center button was that the software did not go to the next screen, because internet was not available at the airfield.
When comming back home my netbook connected to my WLAN and everything worked as it should. My operating system on the netbook is Windows XP.

Next, being at home I deactivated my WLAN on the netbook. And it happened again. The software did not go to the next screen when clicking Hitec Telemetry System Command Center button.

This means HTS-Navi users cant use the stick on the airfield if no internet is available! What a fake ! How can Hitec sell a HTS-Navi which cant do its job when no internet is available!

The only way to overcome this is by starting the software already at home, where your internet is available and then put your netbook to "Standby" and activate it on the airfiled again. I simulated that with my HTS-SS blue and two temperature sensors, then deactivted my WLAN, set the netbook to "Standby" and started it up again. Now everything worked . So, next time I know!
By clicking on the /File/Select product one can also switch around between HTS-SS blue and HTS-SS nitro when coming with different models to the airfield. But you should never close the program....
I think the ball is in Hitec's field to remove this bug asup.

Juergen
Old 03-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
boy things are getting way to complicated for this ol guy, what ever happen to put fuel in your plane, turn transmitter on turn plane on and start up and go fly??? Is it really getting to where now the club needs to buy a satellite or something so we all can have internet at our fields?, this flying is getting to complicated and now have to have radio's talk to us to tell us that the temp is this and the trim is this and the engine is at 6500rpm man If i get any older Im gonna get me a RC car these planes are scaring me now.
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old 03-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Find More Posts by grassie
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Jan 2008
617 Posts
Cars are worse, 10x more expensive!!! lol
grassie is offline Find More Posts by grassie
Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassie View Post
Cars are worse, 10x more expensive!!! lol

yep It could be, I know I did the real thing and thought I would never stop emptying out my wallet.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by GULF DRIVER
"EMS" Earn Money Sleeping...
United States, OK, Longdale
Joined Dec 2009
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz View Post

yep It could be, I know I did the real thing and thought I would never stop emptying out my wallet.
Please tell me you got a video of that beast running
GULF DRIVER is offline Find More Posts by GULF DRIVER
Old 03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GULF DRIVER View Post
Please tell me you got a video of that beast running

T BUCKET OUT FOR A CRUZ. (0 min 21 sec)

http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/twin-...-sick-model-t/

the other two pics are of the 1st one I built. Believe me they were a lot of fun but also way to much $$$$ and flying is a lot more fun and less stressful when your competing for $$$.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Find More Posts by grassie
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Jan 2008
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7D5...d7AUAAAAAAARAA

http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/twin-...-sick-model-t/

the other two pics are of the 1st one I built. Believe me they were a lot of fun but also way to much $$$$ and flying is a lot more fun and less stressful when your competing for $$$.
Awesome ride Mate!!!
grassie is offline Find More Posts by grassie

Quick Reply