Find More Posts by HunHunter
dont put 'er in the dirt!
Brandon, Fl.
Joined Aug 2010
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N726AC View Post
Yes, but not in appearance.
he donnie do you mind me just flying my 260 on your 11x for sat and sun? i might even set it up sat night you camping out at deland?
HunHunter is offline Find More Posts by HunHunter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunHunter View Post
he donnie do you mind me just flying my 260 on your 11x for sat and sun? i might even set it up sat night you camping out at deland?

I'll be staying at the house , to close to camp
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 02-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by FoamieAirfarce
Joined Nov 2011
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWayRC View Post
128 clocked....
Bring it!
FoamieAirfarce is offline Find More Posts by FoamieAirfarce
Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
How many points do you have ?
3 miles South of where Jamie McMurray cried like a Biotch.
Joined May 2007
9,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcoupe View Post
No way I disagree the way Randi flys.... He needs metal gear servos. The CS-80's are plastic gear. He'll strip those in no time.

I do agree that all you need is a 180oz servo(METAL GEAR), unfortunately there isn't much of a choice out there. The hitec 7985 which is 180 is just as expensive as the 7954 which is a 400oz servo on high voltage. So why would you get a weaker servo for the same price?

Futaba has a interesting option for $40 it is the 3051HV for high voltage. It is a 140oz metal gear servo. I feel like it might be just a tad bit weak for agressive freestyle. Although I'll be using them on my chip hyde double vision, ailerons-elevators.
You are starting to sound like those guys that told me i was CRAZY and was going to KILL somebody with my 39% Krill Katana,cause it only had 4-5955,s in the HUGE ailerons with the stock Hitec karbinite servo arms Even though the plane was BEAT DOWN by Daniel Haracovek for 2 years that way and flown in events such as European XFC and Tucson Aerobatic Shoot Out....and then i BEAT IT for 2 more years with no problems except the time i set it up the night before Joe Nall in the Crap Hitec A9 and did not match the ail servos correct and burt the one out at Nall (again,thanks for getting my back when that happened : ).....These manufacturers have some of you guys thinking WRONG...Just look back at the first Giant Scale Aerobats back in the day...They would weigh in at well over 50lbs with Hitec 5954,s all around not to mention,almost EVERY big dollar servo on the market over the last 7 years has a plastic gear in there somewere,cause everything needs a breaking point so the thing does not start a fire onboard.....not trying to start anything here,just saying that i have seen alot of people go for the next great servo,just to find out they are CRAP just like the rest of them,and also that some of the planes today and the recomended servo ratings are WAY OVERBOARD....If you have a guy on the stix that knows how the fly the plane right (IE,energy managment on his airframe and good throttle control) he does not need a totel of 1,000,000,000 oz of HV Digital Kypton Gear servos in his plane.....and i posted the wrong link,they have matal gear servos that are cheap and i have read nothing but great about them in some threads (that are on sites that are not like flying giants were everything gets bashed) I was going to get them for my EF Edge-it would have cost me under 300 bucks to get all that i needed and i would bet anything i would have nothing but good luck with them,,but then you stepped up and saved the day with some Hitec goodness to WAY OVER SERVO THE PLANE....I have only damaged 2 sevos since i started flying,both my fault matching them wrong.....I LOVE YOU
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; 02-14-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I LOVE YOU
you better beotch, it's valentines day
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Joined May 2007
9,314 Posts
I want to take a second to send a BIG SHOUT OUT to the guys over at LXCOUPE RC HOBBYRAMA......I called them up on Sunday to explain that 1 of the 5 servos they had sent me when i purchased them on CREDIT was BAD out of the box......the dude on the phone told me "NO PROBLEM,here at lxcoupe rc hobbyrama have the BEST customer sevice in the U.S.A" Well,look what was in my mailbox when i came home from a long days work..........YOU ROCK.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Joined May 2007
9,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
My guess is that your 40% has more than one 5955 per surface and that you don't have more than 75 degrees of throw. To get much more than 45 degrees on the surface, you have to have a mechanical disadvantage at the servo. Also, these profile have large surfaces and only have 4 total servos on the flight controls (2 ailerons, 1 elevator, 1 rudder) so we are asking a lot out of them. Stronger servos are noticeably different on a 50cc profile.
I am not sure if you remember the Wild Fred Lamyak i had at the StAug ProBro.....But that thing had 3114 Futaba nylon geared servos in it (wild fred is cheap ) God i miss that plane,the 100 most fun flights i ever had.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Joined May 2007
9,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWayRC View Post
Flew my EF off of HS-645's in the wings and it was fine... Always go big on the rudder.

Now my 50cc Profile with the 2030 sq inches of wing, gets blow back on 5955's. (rated at 333)

MKS, rated at 345 much stronger, I think the Hitec over rates that particular servo.
Many people proved that after 1 minute of flying the 5955 would only put out 255oz/in...some as low as 225oz/in......but they worked great.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by dr_d_2k
Melbourne
Joined Oct 2006
804 Posts
Quote:
I want to take a second to send a BIG SHOUT OUT to the guys over at LXCOUPE RC HOBBYRAMA......I called them up on Sunday to explain that 1 of the 5 servos they had sent me when i purchased them on CREDIT was BAD out of the box......the dude on the phone told me "NO PROBLEM,here at lxcoupe rc hobbyrama have the BEST customer sevice in the U.S.A" Well,look what was in my mailbox when i came home from a long days work..........YOU ROCK.
I called that hobbyrama one day after hours to ask a stupid question and the guy on the phone, Rocky I think, was a real D-Bag. I told him I wasn't gonna buy anything so he shouldn't get upset. I am never gonna get anything from that Nozzle. And they don't know anything about all the super great deals I can get straight from China.
dr_d_2k is offline Find More Posts by dr_d_2k
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by topflight36
Addicted
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Sep 2006
3,051 Posts
Quote:
I am not sure if you remember the Wild Fred Lamyak i had at the StAug ProBro.....But that thing had 3114 Futaba nylon geared servos in it (wild fred is cheap ) God i miss that plane,the 100 most fun flights i ever had.
I remember that thing. grass sweeping rollers in the 15+ mph winds while others just sat there harriering into the wind lol. Heck that was the first time I got to watch some voodoo magic in person.
topflight36 is offline Find More Posts by topflight36
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by HunHunter
dont put 'er in the dirt!
Brandon, Fl.
Joined Aug 2010
1,527 Posts
man this SSA study guide is complicated.. have been reading this alot in my free time..
HunHunter is offline Find More Posts by HunHunter
Old 02-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by Randidly
Righteous 87
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Sep 2009
343 Posts
Ladies Ladies
didn't mean to start a fight.
who knew there was such strong opinions about servos. yea right!

everybody has a valid point
we in this hobby tend to over power everything.

Me I just like the right tool for the job, with money being no object, and the weight of the servos being almost identical, i'm more inclined to go with the stongest option.

As LX said the way I fly, I'm hard on airframes and electronics. I tend to bump the ground a lot
Energy management to me is using all the energy in the shortest amount of space

I know I can get by with less but I can't figure out why I would want too.

Thanks guys fot the suggestions.
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Old 02-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
No fighting here Randi. That's just how Voodoo and me converse
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe