Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by Hammerman
DA isn't Haulin it? It Drags
Tucson AZ
Joined Mar 2006
1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings19 View Post
In most 40% aircraft 2 servos is enough. However, I'm putting together a 125" Extreme Flight Extra where it is strongly recommended to use 3 servos due to the size of the ailerons. This thing has pretty huge wings. I'm flying it for IMAC also so I want crisp snaps.
The assembly manual instructs you to use three on the ailerons. The trailing edge is thin on the EF Extra. At first I only installed two however I did not fly it that way and after looking at it and moving the ailerons I installed the third. There is no problem with the power of three.
Hammerman is offline Find More Posts by Hammerman
Old 04-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Find More Posts by columbo
The Walking Dead Stick
Norman, Oklahoma USA
Joined Jan 2006
895 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't realize it was going on a plane that is actually larger than most 40%. If 3 is recommended by EF, then I guess you need 3. I thought it was a typical 118-122 inch 36-40 lb 40 percenter which I have seen many guys fly with two aileron servos no problem.
columbo is online now Find More Posts by columbo
Old 04-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by nebwake
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2012
629 Posts
if you get the ailerons mechanically perfect you can use a Y and get it done that way. I'm running my 40% on 8 channels! 2x hitec's on each aileron mechanically perfect and programmed using a "Y", 1 8711 per stab mixed at rx, 2x 8711's rudder mixed at rx, throttle and cutoff. Im also using Y's for the batteries but might switch to a powersafe rx.
nebwake is online now Find More Posts by nebwake