logo
Old 01-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by clivem
South Africa, KZN, Pietermaritzburg
Joined Nov 2009
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gerber View Post
The 140cc quad will be cool too, can't wait...!!!

Scott
YEAH BABY !!!! the first quad for a 100cc - whoever makes it i'll want one
clivem is offline Find More Posts by clivem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem View Post
what about this one then?

http://www.3w-modellmotoren.com/kata...12i-b4-cs.html
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Last edited by Languid Virago; 01-12-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBR View Post
i agree. 30cc models are for days when you just feel like throwing it about without a care or practicing a move with something bigger than a foamy. for me they are disposable as is all the gear that goes in them. not worth putting much into their build. for the 70 i could see it being good for a scale model but unless 50cc models get even larger a decent 60 will do the job. after that i'd want to go to a 100 airframe not something a little larger, even then i would still prefer a single so theres more choice available to fit the frame. what i would like to see is how the plane makers go about things when this engine is released. we had 75cc frames in limited numbers even when the 3w 80 was out and they were not big sellers. in either case its still not enough engine size to move up from a 60 to a 70, a 100 is better in more ways

Disagree totally, Alot people say the 30cc planes are the new50cc planes. Alot of the guys at the field are tiptoeing into gas and each have 1-2 30cc gas planes. And they love them. Alot of these guys have over $1500 bucks into these 30cc planes. Most peoples thow away planes around here are like the OMP profiles and the newer profiles from Red Wing.

Here is a little school for slower folks, a 92" Edge is considered a 60cc plane, a 87" Edge is considered a 50cc plane. So putting a 60cc engine in a 50cc plane, is the same as putting a 70cc in a 60cc plane.With the 70cc being a half pound more than the Da60 is sweet. More power is better....

And for some of the other comments about price. I have litterally been ruined from ever purchasing another 30cc plane. Between the rcexl ingitions taking a crap, and the inverted deadsticks for no reason, i swore I would never buy another 30cc plane. I went through Between myself and other club members the 30cc planes go down alot. So I can see why you guys call your 30cc throwaway planes. And 100 bucks or more dont even pay for 1 of my lost 30cc airframes. And Desert Aircraft has not released there 35cc yet so you will have to guess what engines they were.

As far as price goes, some people buy composite planes, composite planes cost more. Will I ever buy one no. Will I ever buy a ferari, Well yes I will. Thats what Desert Aircraft is considered in the Rc engine world.
Monster Energy is offline Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by BRBR
A contributor of sorts
Joined Aug 2012
1,931 Posts
you cant disagree with my comment because it was clearly started with the words FOR ME and that makes it my prerogative to decide if 30cc models are disposable or not. i'm not a Stepford resident
BRBR is offline Find More Posts by BRBR
Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
465 Posts
Quote:
you cant disagree with my comment because it was clearly started with the words FOR ME and that makes it my prerogative to decide if 30cc models are disposable or not. i'm not a Stepford resident

britney spears - My Prerogative lyrics. (3 min 28 sec)
Monster Energy is offline Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
I have maybe 450$ in my 30cc Yak, inc' a brand new engine, not 1500$, plane was free, which helps a lot.

That puts it into the "I can afford to crash it" zone as I fix up even quite badly damaged planes if I make a mistake. I do both, way too often.

my DA powered 50 cc extra owes me closer to 1600$. I know can't afford to just go out and replace that if I total it.

If i start buying top of the line expensive parts for the little one, i might as well get another 50cc plane instead.

so, that is my difference, while I will always be annoyed crashing any airframe, 500$ complete airframes is the size that changes things from mildy disappointed into really pissed off.
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 01-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by BRBR
A contributor of sorts
Joined Aug 2012
1,931 Posts
Yep and lets face it you can have a lot of fun for a cheap price with those 25% jobs. dont see a need for after sales service on a little 35 engine other than spare parts if something breaks, good size for a newbie to learn on. a good one from china costs as much as a fun weekend out with your mates and gives all the power and reliability you need for a throwaround. little 25ers are not much different than .90 glow model. i've put a few together with scraps from my leftover stuff
Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
how low can you go
United States, OK, Inola
Joined Aug 2008
602 Posts
Quote:
Yeah.. its been out for years.. I have one in a carden edge..best sounding and flying 100cc I owned..
racelikustolit3k is offline Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
how low can you go
United States, OK, Inola
Joined Aug 2008
602 Posts
Quote:
the 70 is shown capable of a 25 or 26 inch prop - cant see it doing that. a 24 inch, just maybe - i really dont see a use for a bigger prop at useful rpm.
Not sure what this means, but the 3w 78 with turn a 26x10 in the mid 6 k range.... the da70 should be plenty capable of a 25+" props
racelikustolit3k is offline Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by Enterprise
Huckin around the Shire
United States, NH, Manchester
Joined Mar 2011
629 Posts
I happen to love 30cc planes. I currently have 4 of them and have owned a few others that have been sold. For me it is transport and cost as I have a $1200 in a 30cc and usually over 2k in my 2 50cc planes. I can fit 2 of these in my truck and neither of the 50cc so I have to tote the trailer and it cuts my field choices way down. 2 of my closer clubs are a bit iffy above that size.

Also the GT33 has been a wonderful engine.

A number of local pilots have gotten into gas and this community because of the 30cc class. Each of them were told it was "better" to do 50cc and none of them went down this road.
Enterprise is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by stingray528i
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Nov 2010
817 Posts
I like the 30 size cause it fits in my midsize sedan so on nice days and work is slow I can head to the field and they fly like my bigger birds so I can practice new stunts on a much cheaper plane
stingray528i is offline Find More Posts by stingray528i
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Find More Posts by kerwin50
cameron mo
Joined Oct 2010
1,471 Posts
30cc have become a really popular. Now many years ago the 40cc was really popular and most of your large scale planes were in the 4.2 size.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by Islandflyer
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2007
2,476 Posts
Almost perfect timing!
When Dave announced the DA-35 at the Toledo show, I told him that we would get to work on a model for it.
We are just a little ahead of them: I expect the factory to finish our prototype 30cc class Edge 540T at the end of this month. Then I will wait for the engine...
Islandflyer is offline Find More Posts by Islandflyer
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by BRBR
A contributor of sorts
Joined Aug 2012
1,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandflyer View Post
Almost perfect timing!
When Dave announced the DA-35 at the Toledo show, I told him that we would get to work on a model for it.
We are just a little ahead of them: I expect the factory to finish our prototype 30cc class Edge 540T at the end of this month. Then I will wait for the engine...
when are you going to get a dealer here in the uk. written to you twice but received nothing back.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Find More Posts by Islandflyer
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2007
2,476 Posts
Quote:
when are you going to get a dealer here in the uk. written to you twice but received nothing back.
Was that PM, or Email?
I am sending you a PM.
Islandflyer is offline Find More Posts by Islandflyer

Quick Reply