Old 10-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Still Draggin' 'Em
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Mar 2007
6,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by INFINITE-FOAMIES View Post
i use viton in the tank which only has to be changed like after 3 years or something like that date your tanks
VIC! Nice avatar!!! LOL. Hell Yeah!
I've used one tank for two and a half years(not a DD tank) and when I changed my tygon line, it was still soft. That was from using non ethanol gas. Jason has been using the same stuff on the tank in his plane as the ones that get sold to us for quite some time. I'm sure you've seen him fly before and if he's not worried about anything on/in his tank, I sure as heck aint. They are perfect the way they are. Some people buy one and think they have a better way so they tear it open and start messing with stuff and create a problem. I literally just saw a perfect example of that this weekend. The process is simple. Buy a tank, plug in your carb/fill/vent line, strap it down, put gas in it and go fly. It takes about five minutes from the time you open the package until you are ready to fly. They wont split, leak, the internal lines won't come off and if you use the line provided in the complete package for the carb/fill/vent, they won't come off either. If you want a 50 oz tank, just wait. I think if I pester Jason one or two more times about a 50 oz tank, he'll push it through faster just to shut me up. And one more thing, Jason you left your slide ruler in my trailer. I know you will die if you don't get that back ASAP.
BOSSIER_ROB is offline Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by 2dogs*******
St. Charles, IL
Joined Sep 2006
127 Posts
For everyone wanting the 50-60 oz tanks... I have been running the 2) 32's in my 40%er with the T's as Jason and Bryan suggested. They work Perfect. And I mean perfect. Besides saving 1 pound in weight over 2) 32 oz dubros, they draw evenly from each tank. I set my timer for 15 minutes and Still have about 1/3 in each tank when I land. They draw evenly from each tank. It is by far the best set up ever. Top of the line product and materials.

Keep up the great work Jason.
2dogs******* is offline Find More Posts by 2dogs*******
Old 10-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by 2dogs*******
St. Charles, IL
Joined Sep 2006
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnippen View Post
I would use (2) 32oz. tanks for my 170. the two ways to order are "Tanks without mounting material". And "Tanks plus mounting material". What does the tanks plus mounting material consist of ? I would think everything you could possibly need?
Thanks
Dan... I think youve seen my set up? If not stop over and I will show it to you.
2dogs******* is offline Find More Posts by 2dogs*******
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts
It seems these might be easily custom'izable.....

Like maybe with two over-flow/vents and a non-filtered clunk???

In a 60 oz size???

I would like two please!!
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by 66stang
Fly it like you hate it!
Collinsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
4,925 Posts
I bought three of these tanks and they are awesome! Get the fuel line with it, the stuff is awesome!
66stang is offline Find More Posts by 66stang
Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogs******* View Post
For everyone wanting the 50-60 oz tanks... I have been running the 2) 32's in my 40%er with the T's as Jason and Bryan suggested. They work Perfect. And I mean perfect. Besides saving 1 pound in weight over 2) 32 oz dubros, they draw evenly from each tank. I set my timer for 15 minutes and Still have about 1/3 in each tank when I land. They draw evenly from each tank. It is by far the best set up ever. Top of the line product and materials.

Keep up the great work Jason.
Hmmm???

Why not have the vent/overflow line in Tank #1 draw from the Clunk line on tank #2
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 10-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by obriendigital
United States, NE, Ashland
Joined Dec 2008
481 Posts
Amazing tanks! Flew a couple of them all summer. Neat to see continued innovation in the hobby. Look forward to a 50oz or so for my da150!
obriendigital is offline Find More Posts by obriendigital
Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
Hmmm???

Why not have the vent/overflow line in Tank #1 draw from the Clunk line on tank #2
Yep, then the vent/overflow line of tank 2 dumps overboard...you have one vent line and one inlet to the engine...easy peasy Tank 1 would stay completely full until tank 2 is completely empty. No cavitation and no way to suck air from either tank...just a suggestion
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by StickerBiotch
Rolla, MO
Joined Jan 2006
718 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm???
You mean like the posted picture here?

We tried that version for a while and found out that would not work with this setup.
Reason being that when Tank #1 fills up and starts to over flow into tank #2 tank #1 blows up like a small balloon animal which in turn ruins the seal on the cap. Also when you go to de-fuel tank #1 will collapse on it's self.

That's how we came up with the T'ed version of the 32oz tanks. I run the T'ed versions in 3 of my 40% Cardens and have hundreds of flights on them without one problem. If I didn't trust the T'ed version setup for getting gas to the engine and keeping it running or making sure that they would not leak out since my planes all have a ton of foam in them I would not be using them. But I have had nothing but superior performance out of these setups!
StickerBiotch is offline Find More Posts by StickerBiotch
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by frankzappa
Just one good snap roll
Joined Feb 2011
128 Posts
Hi, i think this is an important question. Do Aero Graphix LLC ships international? For Example, Chile, South America.

Thanks,
F.

frankzappa is offline Find More Posts by frankzappa
Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickerBiotch View Post
You mean like the posted picture here?

We tried that version for a while and found out that would not work with this setup.
Reason being that when Tank #1 fills up and starts to over flow into tank #2 tank #1 blows up like a small balloon animal which in turn ruins the seal on the cap. Also when you go to de-fuel tank #1 will collapse on it's self.

That's how we came up with the T'ed version of the 32oz tanks. I run the T'ed versions in 3 of my 40% Cardens and have hundreds of flights on them without one problem. If I didn't trust the T'ed version setup for getting gas to the engine and keeping it running or making sure that they would not leak out since my planes all have a ton of foam in them I would not be using them. But I have had nothing but superior performance out of these setups!
Yep...but I have never had the issue(s) you are talking about *shrugs* Perhaps you were trying to fill or empty the tanks too quickly????
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Last edited by Smacka; 10-17-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
I'd like to see a side by side comparison between this cool new Fortitude tank and the other "new" tank on the block.
the rotoflow

I'm partial to B&B tanks, but I'm very open to a pre built and reliable design!!
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by StickerBiotch
Rolla, MO
Joined Jan 2006
718 Posts
Quote:
Yep...but I have never had the issue(s) you are talking about *shrugs* Perhaps you were trying to fill or empty the tanks too quickly????
Ok so lets hear how do you fill your tanks? shrugs
StickerBiotch is offline Find More Posts by StickerBiotch
Last edited by StickerBiotch; 10-17-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by hugocraft
Aerobatic Addict
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jun 2008
308 Posts
Need a 11-12oz for all the 30cc class planes. Also would be good for the OS 33cc which is about to come out.

There are alot of people who get a 30cc plane as their first gas plane and a simple plug-n-play tank like you have would help them alot and make it easier for them to get in the sky. Just need the right size.

Also I don't prefer having 3rd fill line. I still like the 2 line with a T
hugocraft is offline Find More Posts by hugocraft

Quick Reply