BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
Discussion
Pull/Pull On Velox

Need to know if pull pull on the Velox if the cables are crossed or in a straight pattern?
BAS is offline Find More Posts by BAS
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by Hoosier06
United States, IN, Highland
Joined Jan 2006
616 Posts
As per the manual they cross.
Hoosier06 is offline Find More Posts by Hoosier06
Old 12-27-2014, 03:05 AM
BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
Ok thank you
Old 12-27-2014, 06:53 AM
BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
I am installing a DLE 20 on my Velox using the mounts that came with the kit. I really want to use one high torque servo on rudder installed in the rear along with 2 elevator servos in the rear. With this motor and 2300 A123 mounted up forward right behind firewall along with ign mounted on motor box my question is it possible to get CG in the aft position and still have the plane be stable enough to fly stable. The manual states rearward cg rear edge of wing tube. Has anyone of you or known any one that has used rearward elevator servo along with both elevator servos in the rear also had this work out successful? or am I am going to have to use pull pull for rudder ??. I could always add a little lead up front but I don't want to have a situation where the extra weight up front affect the weight up front affect the way this bird should fly. So far I am impressed with the quality of the plane with exception of the junk hardware like the pushrods. Replaced with all 2 /56 push rods and didn't use the black rods that came with the kit and am not using the blind nuts for cowl mount . Other than that I think this plane is going to be a blast to fly.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAS View Post
I am installing a DLE 20 on my Velox using the mounts that came with the kit. I really want to use one high torque servo on rudder installed in the rear along with 2 elevator servos in the rear. With this motor and 2300 A123 mounted up forward right behind firewall along with ign mounted on motor box my question is it possible to get CG in the aft position and still have the plane be stable enough to fly stable. The manual states rearward cg rear edge of wing tube. Has anyone of you or known any one that has used rearward elevator servo along with both elevator servos in the rear also had this work out successful? or am I am going to have to use pull pull for rudder ??. I could always add a little lead up front but I don't want to have a situation where the extra weight up front affect the weight up front affect the way this bird should fly. So far I am impressed with the quality of the plane with exception of the junk hardware like the pushrods. Replaced with all 2 /56 push rods and didn't use the black rods that came with the kit and am not using the blind nuts for cowl mount . Other than that I think this plane is going to be a blast to fly.

I have a Velox 70 and a DLE 20... 17x6 Zoar prop (perfect setup).......... You DO NOT need 2 elevator servos if you are using a DLE 20.... I use Hitec 985MG servos on everything except throttle, on throttle I use a Hitec 225MG ....Rudder servo is in tail (push/pull), I use (1) 2100 LiFe battery for everything (mounted right behind the wing tube) ( keep it light as possible)
I also used the supplied hardware ( I was going to change it like you, but was told there is no need to, which is true)
If you use 2 elevator servos in tail you WILL have to add weight to the nose, (dead weight)

One of the members of our club put a DLE 30 in his, he used 2 elevator servos in tail, .... This setup was a barnburner but not near as fun to fly ( not floaty at all)

The Velox IS a BLAST TO FLY.
Have fun
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 12-27-2014, 08:15 AM
BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
I already installed the 2 elevator servos in the tail but thanks for your info on batt placement I will just have to see how she balances out with everything temp installed can you recall where your cg is in relation to wing tube?
Old 12-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts
I think it is center of wing tube..
If you have all 3 servos in tail I am not sure you will be able cg near the tube with a DLE 20.... at least put your rudder servo in fuse and use the pull/pull cables.
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 12-27-2014, 06:08 PM
BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
Yea I plan on that set up thanks for the reply appreciate it
Old 01-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by Low_Cal
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Dec 2009
2,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAS View Post
Need to know if pull pull on the Velox if the cables are crossed or in a straight pattern?
That is a function of the type of servo horn you use, whether straight or offset.
Low_Cal is offline Find More Posts by Low_Cal
Old 01-04-2015, 05:22 PM
BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
Will be using offset