logo
Old 03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by Malves
Keller, TX
Joined Jan 2006
182 Posts
Re: Brillelli Engines

I ordered the Yak/46GT combo last week. Can't wait to get it.

www.brillelli.com
Malves is offline Find More Posts by Malves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

You'll not only get a good engine but some of the very best customer service out there.
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Old 03-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Suspended Account
California
Joined Jul 2006
4,329 Posts

Anyone that can't make a Brillelli engine run well clearly doesn't know anything at all about engines or their set up. They are a very high quality product and produce excellent power while having a very smooth operating range and very clean transitions.

The comment about them being "junk" engines must have come from such a source.
Tired Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by Artie Johnston
QQ 102'' @ the float fly!
Pa
Joined Jun 2006
283 Posts

I have the 46 gt on a hanger 9 27% extra260. I have had it on this plane for about a year now with a lot of "hard" flights on it and it starts and runs as good as any DA I have ever seen.I recently purchaced the 26ssr and this motor screams!!But I don't have a lot of time on it.
Artie Johnston is offline Find More Posts by Artie Johnston
Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by waco
United States, OH, Vinton
Joined Dec 2007
28 Posts

Scott has so much business he can not keep up and has a 2 week waiting period a lot of times, thats not the sign of a junk engines, I have 4 of his engines and they are all top notch and you can not beat his service.
waco is offline Find More Posts by waco
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by Pale Rider
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
1,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Roy View Post
Anyone that can't make a Brillelli engine run well clearly doesn't know anything at all about engines or their set up. They are a very high quality product and produce excellent power while having a very smooth operating range and very clean transitions.

Couldn't have said it better Pat...Its amazing the stuff people put out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
I have not had any experience with their engines. I looked at their site. It is a magneto, not electronic ignition; The weight is quite a bit more; Also, if they are converted, then the engine was not orginally designed for aircraft use.
ALL Brillelli engines come with CH ignitions and mufflers. No extra mods needed..Not sure what website you were looking at. Just because the basic parts were not designed for aircraft use from the ground up doesn't mean anything--in the end its performance that counts and these motors have it. I have 2 of the 60cc's and they are both flawless---
Pale Rider is offline Find More Posts by Pale Rider
Old 03-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by Artie Johnston
QQ 102'' @ the float fly!
Pa
Joined Jun 2006
283 Posts

Ya, these are awsome motors for the money.The 46 although not quite as powerfull as a da 50. It is far lighter.I would put this motor on anything up to 15lbs.I have the 26ssr on a 76'' 10lb 2oz Giles 202 and it pulls it straight up like a rocket.I would most likely put this motor on a 73'' EF yak,and save some weight,rather then the 46.
Artie Johnston is offline Find More Posts by Artie Johnston
Old 03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by Malves
Keller, TX
Joined Jan 2006
182 Posts

Heh, you guys are making my wait worse. I really can't wait to get mine. It's my first gas setup.
Malves is offline Find More Posts by Malves
Old 03-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Roy View Post

Thanks Pat! I didn't want to get into a replay if you know what I mean. Scott's new engine is awesome.
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by brycesteenburg
mattoon illinois usa
Joined Jan 2007
1,280 Posts

I'll chime in on this. I have one of the early 46 magneto engines. I was hesitant about the quality and power. This engine is a good conversion and runs excellant. Had it on a 81", 15.5# sukhoi and it pulled that plane like it wasn't even bolted to it! I crashed that plane hard when I got behind on the controls, drove the crankshaft right through the back of the engine into the firewall. Went home with the remains, checked the crank for straighness (it was still straight although I don't know how) welded the back end of the case back on, replaced the bearings, mag coil and that engine still runs on another plane! After that kind of abuse AND it was used when I got it off the ebay site, they are a good product and great value for the money. I can also say the product has become better since then too! Great alternative choice in the engine market.

Bryce
brycesteenburg is offline Find More Posts by brycesteenburg
Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by zoomer260
Louisville,KY
Joined Jun 2006
3,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg View Post
While I know there are people who like them, there have been several come through our club and they have been JUNK .

Allan
I too am interested in the problems that they had. Because this the first negative comment I have heard about Brillelli. Nothing but good news otherwise and I have been researching engines for two solid years.
Scott is so first class that when I showed an interest in his 80cc and then decided to go 50cc for my "getting back into it" engine he recommended ANOTHER engine because I couldn't see paying "that much" for a 50cc engine. Gave me his opinions on which "cheap" 50cc he thought was best !! Unsolicited I might add. Now THAT is class !! And great customer service even though I have yet to own one of his !

He will get my 33% money should I not skip 33% this time building my fleet. And one of the reasons is his engines also come with mufflers and standoffs at a reasonable price.
zoomer260 is offline Find More Posts by zoomer260
Last edited by zoomer260; 03-04-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and other
Old 03-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

I have been flying Brillelli engines for almost 3 yrs.. played with the 25, 46, 54, 60, 26ssr, and soon the 80.

There have been a couple problems over the years.. but never anything major that Scott didnt bend over backwards to fix. I only know of 2 occasions with unhappy results. Both were because of something small and because the customer didnt call up and test the customer support.

Nothing is perfect... but Scott will do anything to make it right. Funny thing is althought its not widely known.. he has done thing "warranty" wise that have blown my mind.. sometimes it includes instructions on what they did wrong and how not to do that to an engine again

His 60 and 26 are some of the strongest engines on the market.
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by ricmussman
Uniontown, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts

I would like to chime in on this thread. Scott is amazing! I called him about a pilot prize for an event that our club is doing this Summer. He humped at the opportunnity, heis supporting our event and supplying us with one of his 60's to go into a EF Extra that we will be giving away. Many different companies stepped up and hit home runs for our IMAC event, but I must say that Chris at ExtremeFlight, and Scott at Brillelli are supporting this hobby with great products and support. I am in line for one of theit 80's just because of their dedication to us....

Also a friend has one of the 46's on his GP Yak and it flies great. No Problems with BRILLELLI, I say "Buy it now!

Ric
ricmussman is offline Find More Posts by ricmussman
Old 03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by plasticman
RC Chump
United States, OH, Xenia
Joined Feb 2006
221 Posts

I have the 26 and the 60. I also had a 46 which I sold. Best engines I have ran in all my testing. Every time I am at an event someone ask, "What do you have in that thing?" Scott is a true craftsman and stands by his products. I'll continue to give him my business.

David.
plasticman is offline Find More Posts by plasticman
Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Find More Posts by decoy26
Displaced Missouri Boy!!!
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined May 2007
489 Posts

While we are on the band wagon I am another satisified customer. I have a 46 and a 366gt both run perfect, unless you reverse the throttle up right sweetpea?? Great motors. Nuff said!
decoy26 is offline Find More Posts by decoy26

Quick Reply