logo
Old 01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by Lizano
Joined Jan 2006
67 Posts
Great Planes, Flat Outs 3d??????

Hello..guys.....Whats your opinion about this planes?????

or better IKARUS...

Saludos..desde Costa Rica.
® Edge 540 Profile Electric FlatOuts 3D Park Flyer
Almost Ready-To-Fly EP Aerobatic Foam Profile Planes
Features
Control Horns
The control horns have a larger than normal hole that fits the Z-bend pushrod connector without slop. The control does double duty as a hinge, reducing weight and assuring correct linkage geometry.

Z-Bends
A large bearing surface on the Z-bends reduces wear to prevent slop, unlike linkage systems that rely on small wire Z-bends. To make installation simple, the 1mm carbon rod is secured in the Z-bend with a drop of CA.

Tailwheel
The tail gear pivots on the carbon fin post, allowing the snap-in tailwheel to steer the airplane while on the ground.

Great Planes Pro Foam Safe CA+ Medium Glue 1 oz. with purchase of a Great Planes Edge 540 Profile Electric FlatOuts 3D Park Flyer on this page. A $7.99 Value!Flat-out fantastic 3D flight!
Lots of pilots are looking for a lightweight, fun aircraft for spur-of-the-moment flying and for perfecting 3D aerobatics. FlatOuts are quick-building, inexpensive models that fly very slowly, and can perform extreme 3D maneuvers in tight spaces both indoors and out!
Flat foam planes from other makers rely on lots of tape and glue in the construction process, but Great Planes has created a complete line of innovative hardware — including hinges, pushrod holders, brackets, Z-bends and much more — that is far superior, and is included with every FlatOuts model. The result is a plane that's straighter, stronger, faster to build, and flat out fabulous to fly!
  • With just a small amount of final assembly, FlatOuts can be flight-ready in 2-3 hours.
  • Colorful pre-printed graphics and unique trim schemes give FlatOuts an exciting, realistic look.
  • The extra-stiff 3mm thick foam is reinforced with carbon fiber rods that strengthen the infrastructure and ensure that there's almost no way to build it crooked.
  • A T-370 brushed motor, gearbox, slow flyer prop and prop saver are included.

"Clip-Hinges"
allow control surfaces to pop off in a crash and avoid damage.

Amazing Control Throw
Large servo arm and control horns offer up to 80 degree deflection.

For High Performance 3D Add on the Great Planes ElectriFly BL-8 Brushless ESC and the Great Planes ElectriFly RimFire 22M-1000 Brushless Motor!(File size 24.7MB)
Requires Windows Media Player or QuickTime Player
Specifications Wingspan: 35.5 in (900mm)
Wing Area: 208 sq in (13.4dm2)
Weight: 7.5 - 9 oz (215-255g)
Wing Loading: 5.4-6.2 oz/sq ft (16-19g/dm2)
Length: 29.5 in (750mm)
Require: 4-channel radio w/3 micro servos, 10A electronic speed control, 350 - 700mAh 3S Lithium-Polymer battery, Li-Po compatible charger
Lizano is offline Find More Posts by Lizano
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Joined Jan 2006
67 Posts
Re: Great Planes, Flat Outs 3d??????

ONLY $34.99.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by Vic3D
Suspended Account
Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Joined Jan 2006
5,011 Posts

Saludos Lizano yo tengo un Turmoil de los Flatouts y pues no me gusta mucho como vuela pero vuela bien. Todavia esta nose heavy asi que a lo mejor volara mejor tail heavy. Suerte!
Vic3D is offline Find More Posts by Vic3D
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Joined Jan 2006
67 Posts

http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlineshop/usa/index.

Download***NEW YEAR Special ***NEW ITEMSElectric Helicopter3D Flight SimulatorsAccessoriesShock-Flyer Accessories Replacement parts PPS-4D-Prop WIZARDSlowflyerSpecialsIKARUS R/C CatalogHow to Order
Shipping and Handling
Security
Newsletter
Shock-Flyer / Back to list Product [14 of 15] previous | next
Shock-Flyer EXTRemA 330S with 3-D-Power Set
Shock-Flyer EXTRemA 330S with 3-D-Power Set our price 59,95 $ Amount: Item No.: 2011007 Tell a friend about this item

KIT with 3-D-Power-Set (brushed gear motor and special 3-D-propeller)

Real easy to fly !
Even for the novice in aerobatics. Developed for 3-D free style, these models can perform just about any maneuvers from the typical aerobatics to rolling circles, snap rolls, flat spins, knife edge loops, avalanges, torquing, hovering...
The modified and simplified construction is guarantees even more rigidity, higher flight precision and much faster assembly. Built from the preprinted components, special lightweight injection molded hardware and CRP reinforcement these robust and extremely lightweight planes fly like a dream!

All Shock Flyer kits include the die-cut airframe components, carbon rods for landing gear and pushrods, injection molded hardware.

Furthermore required are a battery, charger, servos, controller, 4-channel receiver, 4-channel transmitter, and crystal set. Check for Accessory Set Specials.

More than 15 minutes flying fun with Lithium Polymer batteries.

Technical specifications:
Wingspan 800 mm (31.5 in.)
Length 750 mm (29.5 in.)
Weight from 220 g ( 7.8 oz)
Old 01-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Joined Jan 2006
67 Posts

......mmmm ok..
Old 01-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by wizard
It will fly!!!
Washington, Indiana
Joined Jan 2006
13,374 Posts

I have one of the Flat outs. They are OK. The brushed motor that comes with the kit has enough power to hover at about 3/4 throttle. With the recommended Brushless setup they will rocket. The clip hinges are fragile, heat them a little to make them clip easier without breaking. Set the CG to the back of the range and they will 3D well. They won't take much abuse. If you are not flying of of a very smooth surface cut the landing gear off. the gear will catch and cause damage to the airframe.

I actually like the E-Flight Yak much better, flies more like a larger size plane. It is fragile also but with a little reinforcement will hold up better. It cost a little more but is a much better flier.
wizard is offline Find More Posts by wizard
Old 01-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Joined Jan 2006
67 Posts

thanks wizard.......
Old 01-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by king160woody
3D low n' slow!!
United States, AZ, Avondale
Joined Jan 2006
917 Posts

i just got done building two turmoils in one day!! .. oh man.. that was a pain!!.. all i had to do was the servo part, which is kinda the hardest part, but two planes in one day, still a lot... i have flown all the flat outs.. and the Turmoil beats them all... the reflection is good, but to me it flew way to easy, i mean, u dont even really need to put in rudder and elevator for rolling harriors, in my opinion that not very fun. The turmiol locks into a hover and is pretty easy to stear in it. Rolling harriors like a dream!!! The SGF's dont make that much different to the flying characteristics, but that plane sure can fly. I had the F3A from ikarus and it was a lot easier to build, and flew reallll goooddd!!! After that one died i ordered another turmoil...
king160woody is offline Find More Posts by king160woody
Old 01-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by Jaybird
Jay Florida
Joined Jan 2006
3,713 Posts

That one flys great but they are VERY fragile.
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Joined Jan 2006
67 Posts

ok can i take it like a 3d trainer,????
Old 01-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts

The ugly trueth is that the flat outs are not the best foamy of there size shockies are way way better stay away from the flat outs

flat outs come out 3 to 4 oz heavier than shockies or 3dfoamy minis
the plastic monting parts are not a very good way to assemble foamys either ,or not these from flat out
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Old 01-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by Doug Novelly
Joined Jan 2006
109 Posts

I would really suggest getting a shocky. I have the GP Flatana. I flew the thing for the first time, and there was lots of wing flex. Whenever I turn it gets so bad i don't have any ailerons. I also broke the motor off the first time on landing(probably my fault). In the end, I would suggest one of the shockies. Also, I had a Tensor from E-flite and it flew awesome untill a gust of wind through me into the ground while I was in a torque roll.

Doug
Doug Novelly is offline Find More Posts by Doug Novelly
Old 01-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by luisec74
Mexico Aerobatic Team
México, Mich., Uruapan
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts

i have the edge 540, in the first landing, the landing gear broke away, i have to reinforce all, the wings and the fuse supports, this repair costs more weight, definitly this is not the best option for your first foamy, try the Ikarus shock flyer yak, it's more light, less fragile, and too stable with winds.
luisec74 is offline Find More Posts by luisec74
Old 01-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by TonyThomasian
Rollin', Rollin', and Rollin'
Tigard,Oregon
Joined Jan 2006
2,432 Posts

I had a flatana and didnt like it compared to a shock flyer. The building was a pain!!! But shockys take only one evning. just finished the shocky yak in one evning this week.
TonyThomasian is offline Find More Posts by TonyThomasian
Old 01-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by king160woody
3D low n' slow!!
United States, AZ, Avondale
Joined Jan 2006
917 Posts

My Flatout and my Shockey, its like a preference. the shocky seemed to fly DIFFERENT, the flatouts are heavy, so it flys a like its heavy, but it is way more stable in a hover, knife edge, the shockey gets it, rolling harriors, about the same, but i think the flatout got it, but its debatable. If u like hovering, i would suggest a flat out, and if u like crashing, i would suggest a flat out, if u like knife edges and harriors, i would say get a shockey.

Name: 1 1.JPG
Views: 324
Size: 33.2 KB
Description:

Name: knife edge low.JPG
Views: 331
Size: 56.8 KB
Description:
king160woody is offline Find More Posts by king160woody

Quick Reply