logo
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 AM
SleepyC is offline
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,071 Posts
Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

DIETRICH PERFORMANCE AIRCRAFT EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR FOR GW AIRCRAFT.

We are very excited to announce that we will be the exclusive distibutor for the US and Canada markets. We will be introducing a very large line of exciting new products. GW carries a very high qaulity line of products. The first product I would like to introduce is the new YAK 55M 50cc. We are now taking pre orders and they are selling out quickly. Limited supply. The shipment will arrive around the first part of October.

WS 88", LENGTH 81", WING AREA 1463, WEIGHT 16 TO 17 LBS

PRICE $695.00
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
husker is offline
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
husker's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Sweet!
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:42 AM
fmnspooch is offline
Find More Posts by fmnspooch
Super Contributor
fmnspooch's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2007
473 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Who is GW Aircraft???? New to the market?
fmnspooch is offline Find More Posts by fmnspooch
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 AM
husker is offline
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
husker's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmnspooch View Post
Who is GW Aircraft???? New to the market?
GW apparently stands for Gold Wing...they appear to be similar to a lot of the chinese arfs that have been appearing lately. Such as EG aircraft(similar construction and included parts). It looks like these have been for sale in Europe for a while.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=146735&page=4

I will try to get one ordered this week and do a build(assembly) thread/review when I get it if no one else beats me too it.
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
SleepyC is offline
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,071 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

The cool part is, that if Dietrich is selling them, that means they will be providing customer support, so no worries when purchasing.

Way to go Dietrich! Bringing the 55M to the masses!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
fmnspooch is offline
Find More Posts by fmnspooch
Super Contributor
fmnspooch's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2007
473 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker View Post
GW apparently stands for Gold Wing...they appear to be similar to a lot of the chinese arfs that have been appearing lately. Such as EG aircraft(similar construction and included parts). It looks like these have been for sale in Europe for a while.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=146735&page=4

I will try to get one ordered this week and do a build(assembly) thread/review when I get it if no one else beats me too it.
Thanks for the info.
fmnspooch is offline Find More Posts by fmnspooch
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
heligrom is offline
Find More Posts by heligrom
Registered User
heligrom's Avatar
NY, USA
Joined Jan 2007
870 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Sweet!!! Looks like Gernot's scheme on the first pic. Me likey!!!
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
kevinf2501 is offline
Find More Posts by kevinf2501
Registered User
kevinf2501's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2007
855 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

EG and GW are the same. I think the GW versions are upated versions. I hope to get one with a Mintor in it. See if I can beat Husker to the maiden

Kevin
kevinf2501 is offline Find More Posts by kevinf2501
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
husker is offline
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
husker's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf2501 View Post
EG and GW are the same. I think the GW versions are upated versions. I hope to get one with a Mintor in it. See if I can beat Husker to the maiden

Kevin

Haha...It's on! You have the weather advantage though...it is already starting to get cold up here
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:11 PM
kevinf2501 is offline
Find More Posts by kevinf2501
Registered User
kevinf2501's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2007
855 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Yeah and hopefully Bill puts mine on a truck about 2 days before he sends yours. I will have to bribe him
kevinf2501 is offline Find More Posts by kevinf2501
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
husker is offline
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
husker's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf2501 View Post
Yeah and hopefully Bill puts mine on a truck about 2 days before he sends yours. I will have to bribe him
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
kevinf2501 is offline
Find More Posts by kevinf2501
Registered User
kevinf2501's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2007
855 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Just kiding.

Hook em horns.......
kevinf2501 is offline Find More Posts by kevinf2501
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
CMAS is offline
Find More Posts by CMAS
Registered User
UK
Joined Oct 2007
155 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

In case you were wondering if the model flew well!!!!

http://vimeo.com/4753902
CMAS is offline Find More Posts by CMAS
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Bart-Rennes is offline
Find More Posts by Bart-Rennes
Registered User
France
Joined May 2006
91 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

I have one since july, it fly well but not finished to setup as i want. Built is very good, wood is better than normal chinese model but less than aeroworks or air wild, true oracover, almost built, finition is great.
There is some minor change to do :
- Right motor thrust is by default 1.5 degree i set it to 3 degree
- i added 200g in the noose to get CG as said in notice but i'm searching the right CG because in Harrier it (hard) rock from left to right. (without 200g in the noose it fly very hard 3D (and hard to land)) .
- I tried prop VESS 22B (precision but very loud, slow), Hawk 23X8 (very smooth and slow plane), Menz 22X10 (precision and fast). I didn't fix my choice yet.

What else ? i'm waiting the 100cc version
Bart-Rennes is offline Find More Posts by Bart-Rennes
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
hannustar is offline
Find More Posts by hannustar
Carpe Diem
hannustar's Avatar
Malta, St Julian's
Joined Jun 2008
2,382 Posts
Re: Dietrich Aircraft has a 50cc YAK 55M!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart-Rennes View Post
I have one since july, it fly well but not finished to setup as i want. Built is very good, wood is better than normal chinese model but less than aeroworks or air wild, true oracover, almost built, finition is great.
There is some minor change to do :
- Right motor thrust is by default 1.5 degree i set it to 3 degree
- i added 200g in the noose to get CG as said in notice but i'm searching the right CG because in Harrier it (hard) rock from left to right. (without 200g in the noose it fly very hard 3D (and hard to land)) .
- I tried prop VESS 22B (precision but very loud, slow), Hawk 23X8 (very smooth and slow plane), Menz 22X10 (precision and fast). I didn't fix my choice yet.

What else ? i'm waiting the 100cc version
Bart-Rennes,how did you find yourself with the 3 deg right thrust?You gave also some down thrust?I have same model and dont now if I need to add right/down thrust,have any idea how you would know if you need to add?
Thanks
hannustar is offline Find More Posts by hannustar
Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIETRICH PERFORMANCE AIRCRAFT BarryO General Discussion 44 11-06-2016 09:35 PM
Giant Jargon - The FG Dictionary wizard General Discussion 141 06-09-2014 07:12 AM
EG Aircraft 50cc mx-2 assembly thread robertp17 Build Threads 465 07-27-2011 04:35 PM
THE BEST 50cc yak king160woody Airframes and Kits 30 01-23-2011 05:36 PM
How has a 50cc Pilot-RC Yak? OverTheEdge Airframes and Kits 22 03-24-2009 04:27 PM