Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryor808 View Post

Colton probably said that's enough. I need planes to fly!
Some guys should chill regarding TDA.
They are just getting their feet under them.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Last edited by Cryhavoc38; 11-11-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Still Draggin' 'Em
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Mar 2007
6,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstocktx View Post
Jack Estes does a fine job of representing Top Dawg and doesn't crash the TDA planes
Yet! lol. It happens. The Yak I had from TD lasted just minutes into the second flight when it locked out. Three guys standing there when it went from wide open to failsafe and idle. One said "What are you doing?" I said hoping I get the radio back, she's locked out. For those who have never met Jack, he is an awesome stick. He likes to wring 'em out and aint scared to drag it through the dirt. Colton is probably one of the most exciting pilots I've met. He has some sick moves and has absolutely no fear. Unfortunately, sometimes it costs you an airframe. Ask me how I know. But, no guts, no glory. If you want your pilots to fly the absolute crap out of your planes, you have to be ready to pick up the pieces. If you don't crash one now and then, you're not flying it hard enough!
BOSSIER_ROB is offline Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Still Draggin' 'Em
Joined Mar 2007
6,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38 View Post
Some guys should chill regarding TDA.
They are just getting their feet under them.

When that 100cc Red edge hits the shelves, it will sell like crazy.
I know I need one!! Its a beauty.

For what it's worth, that 100cc you see in that photo is a COMP ARF that Tim had done custom in that scheme.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSIER_ROB View Post
For what it's worth, that 100cc you see in that photo is a COMP ARF that Tim had done custom in that scheme.
Beat me to it Rob
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by superstocktx
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
Rob and Colton are really good pilots and very nice people, but some people are meant to fly on their own.
superstocktx is offline Find More Posts by superstocktx
Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Still Draggin' 'Em
Joined Mar 2007
6,809 Posts
Quote:
Rob and Colton are really good pilots and very nice people, but some people are meant to fly on their own.
Wait a sec Dennis. That's not why I'm not with TDA anymore. I left because after being "sponsored" for a year, the only planes around were the Goldwing Yak that I had, the Goldwing Yak that Jack is flying now(same as the one I had), and the proto 100cc Edge that Colton was flying. We all know what happened to my Yak. After checking in now and then on airframe status all throughout 2010, the answer never changed. There was no glue being put to wood yet, Blaine was still "working out the details with the new manufacturer". I felt like a moron going to fly in after fly in wearing a TDA shirt, flying a Dietrich Slick that I bought from Dietrich in 2008. That plane was just wore out after two years of flying and being banged up. When it came time to replace that old beater, I had to go to another company to get something. I wasn't going to sport TDA swag while flying a 3D Hobby Shop Extra that I just bought while I waited for TDA to build something. I figured it was better to just move on rather than keep waiting for planes to start being built. Looks like I'd still be waiting. I have no hate for TDA. I wish Blaine well with his company. I just wasn't willing to keep waiting for a plane without knowing when I'd get one. I was given the chance to fly for 3DHS. I took it. Simple as that.
Last edited by BOSSIER_ROB; 11-11-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Find More Posts by TimSmith
Account Closed
Joined Dec 2007
1,901 Posts
Yep the big one a Carf ,the little TD 50cc started it for me.once I saw it in the air It was such a nice looking plane ,I had to do a 100cc from Carf just because it was so scale looking and was screaming to have a mintor bolted to it.

I said it once before and I ll say it again,I am not a company.pilot.I happen to have looked around and.dabbled with a handful of H9 kits the biggest was the 260 wich git auggered into the ground.After that crash I did nt give up.I wanted a 50cc gasser and bad. So I shopped for months.being that I am.disabled my income.is limited and My money means alot to me.I shopped and shopped .Belive me I shopped and After deciding I liked Blaine s Edge design I called and he gave me the low down ,I thought wow what a task.And then after I spoke with Dennis I bought it, I decided I liked them.and what they hd to sell and the way they treated me.Now a year and a half later I find they have become friends to me and I want to support Blaine and his effort to make Top Dawg Aviation work. I even sent him a friend of mine to help.doctor up the web page a bit.I ve not competed with the edge ,but I ve had the thing to the lodi huck fest twice and other fields here in northern ca and down in Los Angeles and every one ,including my self just love to look at it.I think it s the red , But it sure is purdy.

I ve talked with colton and Rob they are both great guyz.I am kinda sad about them.not being part of Blaaines team any more,but that not.my bussines. I dont know them.except here on FG but that was enough to tell me they are friendly guys and.great pilotz. And I m not a bad judge of character.
I wish Bliane s little endevore the very best and even try to think of way I can help .I wish flew as much as Id like too.Heck thats what ya gotta do .

I cant comment or say anything about it more than that because thats all.there is.
I cant comment.on Blaines company or any thing because it none of my bussiness and I dont know jack.
TimSmith is offline Find More Posts by TimSmith
Last edited by TimSmith; 11-11-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
DOH!!!!!

Still is pretty, even for a carf and their other crazy paint schemes.
lol

in hindsight...that canopy, the way it joins with the fuse in the front...did look a little too clean for "balsa and ply"...
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 11-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Find More Posts by TimSmith
Account Closed
Joined Dec 2007
1,901 Posts
Yhea havock. I just could nt say no to the ailerons the center hinge and the scale look of the Carf.
It took me a while to relize when I build. i am going for a scale looking rendition of a airplane.I m a perfectionist and tend to get lost in the tiny details.of doing clean neat work.
And the MX2 i picked up for the winter build hope wil break me of that idea and teach me to just build a great reliable rc modle for everyday hucking about. Building for scale is a fun idea but it kinds draws you away from just doing a simple reliable install that you can have fun flying.No big fuse no hassels or worries.
That Carf is kind of a personal evolution for me into the 100cc class.
I am so shocked every time I look at it.I dont know if you guys know what an achivment and.expense it was for me to build that airplane.I am humbled and elated every time I hear pepole s comments about it when they see it for the first time.
Melanie at Carf was a super super big help to me in getting the scheme so it was exactly as the Top Dawg scheme looked .
Twins thats what I wanted.
These will keep me plenty busy.Till ???????
TimSmith is offline Find More Posts by TimSmith
Old 11-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Wait a sec Dennis. That's not why I'm not with TDA anymore. I left because after being "sponsored" for a year, the only planes around were the Goldwing Yak that I had, the Goldwing Yak that Jack is flying now(same as the one I had), and the proto 100cc Edge that Colton was flying. We all know what happened to my Yak. After checking in now and then on airframe status all throughout 2010, the answer never changed. There was no glue being put to wood yet, Blaine was still "working out the details with the new manufacturer". I felt like a moron going to fly in after fly in wearing a TDA shirt, flying a Dietrich Slick that I bought from Dietrich in 2008. That plane was just wore out after two years of flying and being banged up. When it came time to replace that old beater, I had to go to another company to get something. I wasn't going to sport TDA swag while flying a 3D Hobby Shop Extra that I just bought while I waited for TDA to build something. I figured it was better to just move on rather than keep waiting for planes to start being built. Looks like I'd still be waiting. I have no hate for TDA. I wish Blaine well with his company. I just wasn't willing to keep waiting for a plane without knowing when I'd get one. I was given the chance to fly for 3DHS. I took it. Simple as that.
Rob, I intended no bad vibes with that statement, maybe a bad choice of words on my part. Hope your not mad over that? It's to bad the original Team TDA isn't around anymore. I can see your frustrations with waiting on new planes to fly.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Still Draggin' 'Em
Joined Mar 2007
6,809 Posts
Quote:
Rob, I intended no bad vibes with that statement, maybe a bad choice of words on my part. Hope your not mad over that? It's to bad the original Team TDA isn't around anymore. I can see your frustrations with waiting on new planes to fly.
Mad? Mooowaaa? How could I be mad at a guy I went to church with?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Mad? Mooowaaa? How could I be mad at a guy I went to church with?
Hahahaha...oh yeah church!! You'll have to come to our next event here....there are some nice military churches about 20 miles from here!!

Quick Reply